Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

How many genders are there?

18 minutes ago, swervy said:

People are born with XX (Female) or XY (Male) chromosomes. That determines their gender. No matter what some weaboo degenerate dude wearing a dress says, he's a male. People who call themselves another gender usually just want attention. 

I do believe in only two genders. But you can be born with both xx and xy chromosomes. 

1 minute ago, Soviet said:

I'm offended none of you recognize my gender  as a anti submarine, search  and rescue utility helicopter.

how long did it take u to search those things up. shut the fuck up retard I'll bash your skull in. 

• Like 1

See the hostility to the ATQR community here folks.

Do some research, in nature certain things are capable of switching gender; from plants to animals when the need arises, for example a female plant can change to a male plant if it feels the need. One day I woke up and found that I needed a tail rotor, cyclic, collective, pedals and throttle and I didn't have these things.. I was  confused and depressed until I made my transition to becoming a helicopter capable of detecting submarines.

2 hours ago, Hoonter said:

Hmu when you have a real response to the arguement and arent just spewing toxicity towards other people and groups.

listen to any actual debate on the topic with intelligent people... you'll usually find the side advocating for multi-gender classification has little argument outside of "because I never felt like a man or a woman, so my gender is something else" The fact is, there is no difference of what you are 'biologically' and your gender. They, by definition are tied.. like i said before.. you can feel anything you want.. but come up with a new word for it.. stop trying to change the definition of the word gender..

3 hours ago, Hoonter said:

Gender is a social construct of what each sex is excpected to "be"

No, look at any creditable dictionary for the word gender.. you will find the 'sex' is will always be one of the definitions. It is not a sociological term which mutates with the id of the society. It is a term which is defined through the ego (or reality) of what you are..

a social construct of what each sex is excpected to "be"

False, it is what you 'are'.. you don't lift the tail of a cat and say, "I expect that cat to be a male because it has some balls and a red rocket" You say, "cat is a male and will need to be neutered to prevent spraying" 

So I would say there is 2 genders currently accepted in western society and that there are those who feel they don't consider either to match who they are bringing us to have talks like this.

I'd say this has nothing to do with WESTERN society. A matter of fact, I believe WESTERN society is more tolerant to the idea of more than 2 gender classifications then the rest of the world.. in many places you would still be capitally executed for this line of thought...

At the end of the day its this... I personally don't give a shit if you think you are a bunny rabbit, are attracted to inanimate objects, or believe your 'gender' is non-binary or some other term which was made of special for you.. just don't try and force me to use your pronouns or buy into what you're selling because it isn't going to happen. Believe it or not, folks who, sociologically are considered 'the norm', also have the right to free speech, that is not a 1 way street. 

At this point society is 'tolerating' the infinite gender discussion, but eventually, if it continues to be pushed... society will step up and facts will prevail.. since I have literally not seen or heard A SINGLE CREDIBLE fact or argument that there are more then 2 genders where the opposition is loaded with them. The battle will be short.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 1
21 hours ago, Gaz said:

At the end of the day everyone is either biologically male or female (sex) I honestly don’t give a fuck and will support someone who feels they were born as the wrong gender. However I think the idea of unlimited geners is an endless rabbithole that leads to knowhere. Gender has recently become a misnomer for peoples sexualities and differences. Personally I believe there are two genders, but that being said, I really don’t mind the concept of multiple genders and i’m not going to get out my torch and riot over it. At the end of the day it’s just people identifying themselves, it really isn’t that big of a deal. It’s not like the government will start recognizing these anytime soon.

Are you aware people who think they are a different gender, would join the military, use government funded (aka, tax payer dollars) health benefits to get operations to change their bodies physically to match their mental image of themselves?

1 hour ago, BananaHammock said:

Are you aware people who think they are a different gender, would join the military, use government funded (aka, tax payer dollars) health benefits to get operations to change their bodies physically to match their mental image of themselves?

I never said that I support the goverment recognizing these peoples realities, I don’t. Like I said, Either way there are 2 fucking genders lmao. Please read my post before quoting me with nonsense. I just personally am not for telling people what to and what not to believe. If someone thinks they are some new gender let them.

2 hours ago, MAV said:

listen to any actual debate on the topic with intelligent people... you'll usually find the side advocating for multi-gender classification has little argument outside of "because I never felt like a man or a woman, so my gender is something else" The fact is, there is no difference of what you are 'biologically' and your gender. They, by definition are tied.. like i said before.. you can feel anything you want.. but come up with a new word for it.. stop trying to change the definition of the word gender..

We must be reading different dictionaries hold up

"Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female." - The Oxford Dictionary

"the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex" - Merriam-Webster

Here It clearly shows that it was what I mentioned before this idea that what is masculine and what is feminine in the terms of society and culture, it also mentions the difference between sex and gender and how sex doesn't necessarily have to be associated with gender as a word. Also language is not a static thing once it is written down every one instantly agrees on it forever, launguage is constantly shifting and changing to suite the need of the population using it.
2 hours ago, MAV said:

False, it is what you 'are'.. you don't lift the tail of a cat and say, "I expect that cat to be a male because it has some balls and a red rocket" You say, "cat is a male and will need to be neutered to prevent spraying" 

You know you're right on this one my cat is a male or female but my cat also is stupid most of the time staring out windows and generally showing signs of lackluster intelligence and you know why because it is not a Intelligent being it can't solve the quadratic formula or tell you the names of the great men of history or explain why the silk road in the 1200 century fueled western markets.

2 hours ago, MAV said:

I'd say this has nothing to do with WESTERN society. A matter of fact, I believe WESTERN society is more tolerant to the idea of more than 2 gender classifications then the rest of the world.. in many places you would still be capitally executed for this line of thought...

Im not saying there aren't places worse than Western society hell there is, but as a communist and as a Non-binary person I feel that this doesn't change the fact that maybe you and others should change you're thought process when looking at others not judging them by what they identify as but by who they are.

2 hours ago, MAV said:

At the end of the day its this... I personally don't give a shit if you think you are a bunny rabbit, are attracted to inanimate objects, or believe your 'gender' is non-binary or some other term which was made of special for you.. just don't try and force me to use your pronouns or buy into what you're selling because it isn't going to happen. Believe it or not, folks who, sociologically are considered 'the norm', also have the right to free speech, that is not a 1 way street. 

At this point society is 'tolerating' the infinite gender discussion, but eventually, if it continues to be pushed... society will step up and facts will prevail.. since I have literally not seen or heard A SINGLE CREDIBLE fact or argument that there are more then 2 genders where the opposition is loaded with them. The battle will be short.

Im not saying there are infinite genders in this discussion that seems like it might be pushing it but I am saying there are plenty who don't fall into the defined societal genders.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I never said that I support the goverment recognizing these peoples realities, I don’t. Like I said, Either way there are 2 fucking genders lmao. Please read my post before quoting me with nonsense. I just personally am not for telling people what to and what not to believe. If someone thinks they are some new gender let them.

You're a little toxic aren't ya?

• TriHard 1
41 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

as a communist and as a Non-binary person I feel that this doesn't change the fact that maybe you and others should change you're thought process when looking at others not judging them by what they identify as but by who they are.

You can call yourself whatever you want and it won't change the fact that you're either a boy or a girl. I don't care if you wanna believe you are some made up gender, but if you get upset when other people refer to you as your real, biological gender then your parents probably should have been more strict with you. Don't get me started on communism.

Just now, MAV said:

if the whole argument hinges on 'what society deems acceptable'... this post even shows where society stands...2 genders..

Or its cause this community and the gaming community in general is heavily male dominated with many in this community being racist, homophobic, and transphobic people

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hoonter said:

We must be reading different dictionaries hold up

"Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female." - The Oxford Dictionary

"the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex" - Merriam-Webster

Here It clearly shows that it was what I mentioned before this idea that what is masculine and what is feminine in the terms of society and culture, it also mentions the difference between sex and gender and how sex doesn't necessarily have to be associated with gender as a word. Also language is not a static thing once it is written down every one instantly agrees on it forever, launguage is constantly shifting and changing to suite the need of the population using it.

You know you're right on this one my cat is a male or female but my cat also is stupid most of the time staring out windows and generally showing signs of lackluster intelligence and you know why because it is not a Intelligent being it can't solve the quadratic formula or tell you the names of the great men of history or explain why the silk road in the 1200 century fueled western markets.

Im not saying there aren't places worse than Western society hell there is, but as a communist and as a Non-binary person I feel that this doesn't change the fact that maybe you and others should change you're thought process when looking at others not judging them by what they identify as but by who they are.

Im not saying there are infinite genders in this discussion that seems like it might be pushing it but I am saying there are plenty who don't fall into the defined societal genders.

I was just baiting a response, you are an absolute retard, It's as simple as this GENDER is not the same as SEX BUT IS STILL CONNECTED, THERE IS SUCH THINGS AS MALE AND FEMALE BRAINS, YOU ARE LIMITED TO THE CAPACITY OF YOUR BRAIN, YOUR SUBJECTIVE SENSE OF WHAT YOU ARE IS NOT OBJECTIVE REALITY, JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL A CERTAIN WAY DOESN'T MAKE IT OBJECTIVE TRUTH. YOU ARE ARGUING A SUBJECTIVE POINT TO AN OBJECTIVE POINT, IF YOU WERE ARGUING AGAINST GENDER STEREOTYPING YOU'D HAVE A POINT, YOU HAVE GONE TO SCHOOL AND BEEN PURELY INDOCTRINATED, I'M SORRY YOU'RE SO RETARDED.

10 hours ago, Hoonter said:

Gender is a social construct of what each sex is excpected to "be" established through thousands of years of tradition and social customs and it is my belief as a Marxist Leninist who inherently is also a feminist that we must stray away from these traditions and gender norms. So I would say there is 2 genders currently accepted in western society and that there are those who feel they don't consider either to match who they are bringing us to have talks like this.

Yaaaa.... Someones genders is determined by x and y chromosomes. It has nothing to do with accepted social constructs. Anyone who thinks that science is a myth, potentially has extra chromosomes. 

8 hours ago, RambleR said:

I do believe in only two genders. But you can be born with both xx and xy chromosomes. 

Where the fuck did you get this info from. I think you mean you can have XXX or XXY but they are both disorders due to mutations but the sex organs for XXX are same as female and XXY same as male. They just have developmental delay and are usually infertile. But again you are still either a male or female.

• Like 1