PSA - PLEASE READ - hacked cash/hacking etc.

1 hour ago, Xeltini said:

Excuses excuses is all I ever hear from staff. How hard is it to deal with one hacker. We PAID OUR MONEY for something and it is not getting delivered. Its simple business people, you pay for something somewhere you should receive a product in this case an update.  

Blame @Ares for being an uninvolved owner or your civ reps who promise unreasonable goals with no developer input.

We have a few freelancers and a professional dev working on staff, they're unpaid and have to optimize the game, deal with hackers and database issues and put out updates simultaneously and for literally tons of work they receive zero IRL compensation unlike the devs on servers like Asylum.

This mindset that devs owe donors the rewards they didn't promise is toxic asf and makes our turnover and burnout rate astronomical, just last night I spent 3 hours talking to a dev who's already considering leaving this server due to how much toxicity comes from OS and the community and giant goals on a time crunch. If you want to blame someone blame senior civ council and senior OS, but until we start paying them and offering a competitive rate leave them out of the drama.

1 minute ago, sploding said:

Blame @Ares for being an uninvolved owner or your civ reps who promise unreasonable goals with no developer input.

The devs just vote yes to add it or not. So, has nothing to do with us lying, we just come up with the ideas you want us to add or not. And they arent unreasonable goals. but I cant guarentee anything, I havent attended a meeting in a month cause work.

11 minutes ago, sploding said:

We have a few freelancers and a professional dev working on staff, they're unpaid and have to optimize the game, deal with hackers and database issues and put out updates simultaneously and for literally tons of work they receive zero IRL compensation unlike the devs on servers like Asylum.

This mindset that devs owe donors the rewards they didn't promise is toxic asf and makes our turnover and burnout rate astronomical, just last night I spent 3 hours talking to a dev who's already considering leaving this server due to how much toxicity comes from OS and the community and giant goals on a time crunch. If you want to blame someone blame senior civ council and senior OS, but until we start paying them and offering a competitive rate leave them out of the drama.

I almost guarantee you that they discuss before putting the donor goals out. That’s what staff meetings are for. They aren’t unreasonable, and how is Ares an uninvolved Owner? Just because he doesn’t post on the forums (places you have access to) doesn’t mean he “isn’t involved”. Yeah, Peter posted on the forums often, but staff members post stuff for Ares (even this post, for example).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
4 minutes ago, Tim Jacob said:

take ownership of the issue that wasn’t dealt with fast enough, causing chaos.

You absolutely right here. It wasn’t dealt with quickly enough and that’s why this is such a big problem. 

However from the start of the issue administrative staff took time out of their lives and were the ones to do immediately what they could to attempt fix the problem. Shutting down the server is out of their realm as well as a rollback. We don’t have those abilities. We wanted to make a post as soon as possible - but we didn’t have the game plan on what was going happen. As soon as the details were somewhat fleshed out enough MAV made the post. 

Shutting down the server is never what we want to do. That the final resort and in doing so we concede the battle with the hackers. The status quo for this situation doesn’t call for the server to be shut down, but instead for a rollback to happen, etc. I am sure if we knew that this issue would be to the degree that it is today and still not resolved, we would have probably handled this differently.

When you claim that we didn’t take action on the money and warpoints, well for one some of us tried, but the scale was beyond the scope of going from person to person to fix it. Then people began to misuse the funds - this was expected, but when rollback wasn’t assumed we wanted to do what we had the power to do - stop the illegitiment money from being spent. 

Update reading other people’s comments  after essay: Some of you really have no clue what’s going on. The least you can do is quit going at necks.

so uhhhh... does this mean we can blow all of the money we currently have (hacked or not) since it'll just be rollback'd, or will the money we blow right now be taken out of our accounts when the rollback hits?

Edited by Bear828

@Tim Jacob,

I got you I can be toxic now @MAV @Ryan. Tim you are an imbred retard. You accuse the staff of not detecting this soon enough and dealing with it quick enough and saying there should be a purge of staff, I don't think your prepubescent brain can handle the fact that every staff member of Olympus is voluntary. Staff that aren't deemed fit are usually removed for a specific reason. I'm not staff and I'm still blaming it on the community. 

Cheats get better and better all the time, look at any game, they become more advanced and harder to detect. You can't expect the anti cheat to detect everything. You may not have been one of the people that laundered the money, but a shit ton of the members did. Whether its a person that plays on Olympus daily, or someone that plays rarely. The staff are doing as best they can, They are taking time to fix the servers meanwhile they have work, school, etc. 

You blame them for M5 getting on the server, hack on the server and fuck with everyone? You are a retard. There are ways around the bans, M5 has been permed numerous of times, and still comes back. He can get his IP changed, use a VPN thats not detected, etc. He even joins the Olympus TS frequently with a VPN, last week he had one on that was from Japan. 

You are a grown ass adult, you should realize that this is not the staff's job. they do this out of their convenience because they care about the community. Notice how you are practically the only one on this thread who is blaming the staff for this.

So do me a favor and shut the fuck up, or at least take the dick out of your mouth (I think its fucking with your head). If you got a problem you can leave, No one cares for your shit opinions. ^_^

https://www.twitch.tv/mrcautious

• Like 2

You guys should just go and remove the hacked cash and thing's that  were  bought with it. Doing a roll back is going to make lots of people mad like my self because I mad alot of money legit money in the past 2days.

Edited by Fearless ;)
1 hour ago, Tim Jacob said:

Stop trying to push the focus onto the collateral damage and take ownership of the issue that wasn’t dealt with fast enough, causing chaos.

my guy - it takes time to undo was is done in seconds... when they are hitting us at 2 am when folks are going to be... it complicates matters. Its like is someone leave the car on and the keys in the ignition and some kid steal the car, you are blaming the person who left the keys in the ignition rather then the kid that stole the car... you all know right from wrong... simple as that... since you refuse to move the conversation forward off that, Imma dip out.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Tim Jacob said:

You are right I don’t know anything about running a business.  I will take notes from you though.  Let’s see..

1.  promise investors new product and continuously fail to provide it.  Then, after this tell the investors that decide to ask about said product they need to wait over and over again, and complain about how the employees who develop this don’t get paid.  Fail to take ownership of the businesses failure to produce, but gladly continue to accept more investments with more promises.

2.  When somebody hacks your business make sure you blame the customers of your business, because it does so much good to do that!  Try to push as much accountability of negative things back on to your customers, and tell anybody who disagrees with your businesses operating procedures that they are a meme.  

Can you continue the list for me please @rapidaax?

what Olympus needs is a purge of useless people from their staff, starting with Rapidaxx, commonly known to being NOTHING useful to a discussion.

Clearly your knowledge of business is existent just not in the right places so let me reiterate this for ya. Olympus isn’t a business. It’s called “donations” for the sole purpose of it being a donation. The rewards in return are incentives. They aren’t something you are purchasing. Although it may seem like it since people donate to receive a certain donation tier, donating isn’t the equivalent to a “shop”. Investing means you are putting in money in hopes of making a profit. That’s like saying if you were to donate to charity you are investing and expect a return. Makes no sense, so your argument here is false. 

51 minutes ago, RealClorox said:

What a joke of a staff and server... bullied by one individual lul

If we’re such a joke, why you still here? Oh yeah because you got nowhere else to go in which you would consider better then here. 

48 minutes ago, Tim Jacob said:

-snip-

So you receive hacked money, what do you do? 

A.) Communicate with the staff to resolve the situation faster

B.) Spend a fuck load of it and start investing/transferring said hacked money so that you can keep it in hopes that staff won’t see

C.) Just go full ape shit and get yourself permed for using hacked cash, then complain about it on the forums when you are punished. 

The logical answer would be A. Take a guess at what 75% of the community did? Either B or C. We would of never had to roll the servers back if people cooperated and did the smart thing. So again, yes, we are blaming the community for the rollback.

26 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Update reading other people’s comments  after essay: Some of you really have no clue what’s going on. The least you can do is quit going at necks.

^ this

I already said this but clearly nobody likes to listen

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pledge said:

So, question for the good of the group (that I may know the answer to)

Will APD and RnR times logged from now till rollback count?

Is it possible for Staff to give Sr. APD & Sr. R&R like an hour ahead of rollback(or longer) so they can take times then and add it up to the times on saturday

Just now, Millennium said:

Is it possible for Staff to give Sr. APD & Sr. R&R like an hour ahead of rollback(or longer) so they can take times then and add it up to the times on saturday

We have been planning for this :D

• Like 1
Just now, Fearless ;) said:

You guys should just go and remove the hacked cash and thing were  bought with it. Doing a roll back is going to make lots of people mad like my self because I mad alot of money in the past three days.

Honestly, would take weeks with all staff working on it... cash has been moved to 100's of players and gang funds... its not a thing where you click a button and all the hacked cash shows up as red... no sir, you need to look at everyone start balance, look at what they bought, each transaction, then follow the trail on every person who got cash... lots lots lots of work abd even then.. those who laundered slowly or or many many many times may get away with it...something im not comfortable with... so the only way to ensure ALL hacked cash is off olympus is to roll back.

1 minute ago, Millennium said:

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

We have been planning for this :D

exactly it :-)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MAV said:

Honestly, would take weeks with all staff working on it... cash has been moved to 100's of players and gang funds... its not a thing where you click a button and all the hacked cash shows up as red... no sir, you need to look at everyone start balance, look at what they bought, each transaction, then follow the trail on every person who got cash... lots lots lots of work abd even then.. those who laundered slowly or or many many many times may get away with it...something im not comfortable with... so the only way to ensure ALL hacked cash is off olympus is to roll back.

Could I make a request to get my money back because I made 175mil in bets in the last two days. All legit you guys can check my logs. I will be so made if I lose it all because I been so lucky lately with bets

Edited by Fearless ;)

First off this was supposed to be prevented by Admins, and should have been rolled back right after this hacker gave us all that money. its unfair to people who payed fairly and came after the money giving was done. They should not be put through this whole mess, specially every single person that made money legit after the hacker came there. one thing i agree in there should be a global comp and the Tickets, since this whole thing affected the server. And its useless to do runs atm.

48 minutes ago, Bear828 said:

so uhhhh... does this mean we can blow all of the money we currently have (hacked or not) since it'll just be rollback'd, or will the money we blow right now be taken out of our accounts when the rollback hits?

@MAV :bender-dance:

2 minutes ago, Fearless ;) said:

Could I make a request to get my money back because I made 175mil in bets in the last two days. All legit you guys can check my logs

No, for the reason that we would have to remove it out of all the losers accounts, and the reason that most people bet so much money is because of the hacked cash.

Just now, Eggman said:

No, for the reason that we would have to remove it out of all the losers accounts, and the reason that most people bet so much money is because of the hacked cash.

All of the people that I won bets form were friend and I checked their stats to make sure that it wasn't hack. Log could prove it.

4 minutes ago, Eggman said:

Thats not His Problem i find that very unfair for the guy and im pretty sure you can check the logs mate and do a bit of effort on checking his bets and wins.

2 minutes ago, Bear828 said:

@MAV :bender-dance:

as far as im aware, the state of Olympus will be returned to 4.26.2019 00:00 including all stats, bounty, kills, deaths, money, inventory, etc. all the way up to where you logged out on 4.26.2019 at 00:00:00

15 minutes ago, Millennium said:

don't think your prepubescent brain can handle the fact that every staff member of Olympus is voluntary.

How is this relevant to whether the issue was handled well or not?  Are you agreeing that it was handled poorly, but justifying it by saying it’s ok because they are just volunteering their time?  I do not care whether they are volunteering or not, I care about results and accountability.

as for the rest of your babble, I care about LEADERSHIP taking accountability of not controlling this situation fast enough.  As Rex said, if they knew it was going to last this long they would have acted differently. The discussion ends there.  When the original poster pointed a finger at the community he was absolutely wrong.  It was well known that if the money was left on the server, it would be misused, and it would cause chaos.  Nothing about this was handled well by OS.  People being wrongfully and randomly banned to find the hacker, constant threat against the community while the cash and war points were in the game, and relatively slow response to all aspects of the issue.  Was I banned? No.  Did I use money? No.  Am I tired of Olympus never taking ownership of things?  Yes.  

Also, thanks for the free plug to my twitch but I don’t stream anymore.  I would ask you to sub but it would be better for you to use the $ on another bag of potato chips you sweaty excuse of a sack of meat.  You had to ask permission to reply to my post? How pathetic are you, so please get off my post you pencil dicked beta make.

2 minutes ago, [TACS] Marko said:

Exactly This is Unfair for the community and this is a great example 

listen, there is not much we can do... whats more unfair is billions of unearned dollars in the economy...

If you believe you have legit bets, then submit a comp... (but if you start down that road, we will remove what you lost too from betting)

• Like 1