Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 5/16/2019

Chapter VI - Processing Suspects

1. Processing Suspects

1. Suspects are to be notified as to why they are being restrained

2. Suspects must be processed within 15 minutes after being restrained.

1. Exceeding the 15 minute limit is grounds for cruel and unusual punishment and all charges are pardoned.

2. The 15 minutes DO NOT start until the situation has been fully neutralized.

3. If processing 5 or more suspects, then APD is allowed to go over the normal 15 minute rule within reason.

4. If the civilian chooses to RP the situation, such as just randomly talking or asking questions, the 15 minute rule starts at the end of the RP session.

5. The processing must begin within 5 minutes of capture and clearing of the situation (excluding transport and other exceptions to the 15 minute rule)

3. Suspects may be taken to a safer area (e.g. a police HQ) to be processed. If a suspect is killed while in police custody, their charges will be pardoned ONLY if the death was a direct result of the actions of the police officer. (IE: An officer crashing a vehicle that results in death, etc.)

4. Suspects may request a superior officer, provided they have a valid reason to do so.

1. The handling officer must make an attempt to request their immediate superior officer.

2.  If the superior officer is too far or busy, they can decline to respond, and the suspect is processed by the handling officer.

3. The 15 minute rule does not take effect until the superior officer has entered the area if they are going to handle the request.
  2. Processing A Criminal

1. When processing suspects always follow the L.I.S.T. acronym.

1. L – Licenses. Check licenses.

2. I – Inventory. Search the player and their backpack if you have probable cause.

3. S – Seize weapons if you have probable cause.

4. T – Ticket the suspect.

2. A suspect may waive their rights and allow an officer to process them despite any active situations. Once a suspect has waived their rights, they are waived for the rest of the time that they are in police custody.

1. Suspect must be in a panic room.

2. Suspect must give verbal or written consent to an officer.

• Like 4
  • Hmm 1
27 minutes ago, ᴍ ᴏ ɴ ꜱ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ said:

this is almost better than @TheCmdrRex getting sr dev, almost, dont get ur epeen to hard @Pledge;)

let’s make RaR ghost hawks shoot epis from their mini guns

46 minutes ago, sploding said:

To clarify this when does the timer start?

will time waiting for a inactive scene to clear or transporting someone affect this?

No. As stated.

Thanks for adding this @Pledge

tbh it seems like most things if they are balanced and make sense will get implemented there’s not really a need for civilian council. I mean I have way better success going straight to Pledge with an idea for APD/Civ stuff than to go to civ council. Same with the ideas for civs only I’ve had better luck just posting the suggestion and if people like it enough bam it gets implemented ( taser nerf ). No need for any civilian council they’re obsolete.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Google said:

tbh it seems like most things if they are balanced and make sense will get implemented there’s not really a need for civilian council. I mean I have way better success going straight to Pledge with an idea for APD/Civ stuff than to go to civ council. Same with the ideas for civs only I’ve had better luck just posting the suggestion and if people like it enough bam it gets implemented ( taser nerf ). No need for any civilian council they’re obsolete.

Pledge handles APD things, civilian council handles... civilian things. Unfortunately we have hundreds of ideas and things we want to introduce but we're limited by the development time to implement them and the rest we're not even allowed to discuss with you.

Each "faction" of the civilian council only gets to suggest three changes or additions every two weeks. Please understand there is a huge lag time between us suggesting something and it becoming a real thing (we're talking months). For example the scats have 11 ideas that have been approved by the staff that we're waiting on the dev time for and I'm sure the other civilian councils are similar. Just with a quick glance at the stats, we've already pushed through 44 implemented changes since the inception of the council, and I'm sure that some are missing with @DeadPool getting his ideas implemented too.

It's not a perfect system but the devs/staff are doing their best to get through it.

Out of curiosity what have you suggested, maybe I can go take a look where it's at?

• Like 1

Better start practicing your group processing :)

PS. I can see cops being reported of there are 2 cops that get 4 guys and the first 2 want to RP, so the other 2 are stuck waiting... (Which is why I mentioned group processing)

18 minutes ago, Mr Majestic said:

Pledge handles APD things, civilian council handles... civilian things. Unfortunately we have hundreds of ideas and things we want to introduce but we're limited by the development time to implement them and the rest we're not even allowed to discuss with you.

Each "faction" of the civilian council only gets to suggest three changes or additions every two weeks. Please understand there is a huge lag time between us suggesting something and it becoming a real thing (we're talking months). For example the scats have 11 ideas that have been approved by the staff that we're waiting on the dev time for and I'm sure the other civilian councils are similar. Just with a quick glance at the stats, we've already pushed through 44 implemented changes since the inception of the council, and I'm sure that some are missing with @DeadPool getting his ideas implemented too.

It's not a perfect system but the devs/staff are doing their best to get through it.

Out of curiosity what have you suggested, maybe I can go take a look where it's at?

skats dont deserve a say in anything. if you sit in kavala you're disgusting.

6 hours ago, Mr Majestic said:

I wanted just a new helmet so I messaged Deadpool about it and got no response.

You can see how TheCmdrRex responded showing that he'd be interested in having it. Seems like to get stuff done for anyone that isn't Civ Council it's best to just suggest it under suggestions & feedback.