APD amounts

Honestly they really should start limitting the amount of cops being let in to the APD like nowadays like 1/4 of the players online are cops currently at this time CEST 7:18PM there is 8 cops online on server 1 47 people online total on the server and 10 cops on server 2 while there is 55 people online total like thats so many cops for a server thats really been having a hard time having a good population on the servers like having a good population while having most of the people on that time are cops isn't really a good population to me... Who fills in with me on this?

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Clown 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Informing said:

Honestly they really should start limitting the amount of cops being let in to the APD like nowadays like 1/4 of the players online are cops currently at this time CEST 7:18PM there is 8 cops online on server 1 47 people online total on the server and 10 cops on server 2 while there is 55 people online total like thats so many cops for a server thats really been having a hard time having a good population on the servers like having a good population while having most of the people on that time are cops isn't really a good population to me... Who fills in with me on this?

people play cop to make money 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vigi Gang said:

Well you can hop on Civ and make money on there aswell like theres people that are not 16 and are not able to make money on cop and try to do runs on Civ but is so impossible to do a illegal run with this amount of cops online..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Informing said:

Well you can hop on Civ and make money on there aswell like theres people that are not 16 and are not able to make money on cop and try to do runs on Civ but is so impossible to do a illegal run with this amount of cops online..

Then do legal runs

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree lately I look at the servers and there are 30 people on with like 8 cops. That shit just makes arma not fun anymore. I honestly think a problem to why the server has been so dead is because of the amount of cops. So I agree with informing put a limit to the # of cops on. Maybe like 1/5 or 1/6 of players can be cops.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

664034fa51dffa9d64622da2e3a7d168.png

Yeah thats just too many for like the amount of people actually playing on civ whenever you do a fed now you just get mass stacked on.. Like my gang and i did a fed yesterday with like only 6/7 of us and we got mass stacked on my 21 cops while there was not even that money people online total...

18 minutes ago, Sagebrush said:

if you actually know how to do runs, those lazy doughnut eaters will never find you, get gud at doing runs. ive literally done massive illegal runs with 15+cops on a 45 person server.

Well it depends what type of cops are on. I’ve done a bank while there were 3 seniors on and I was told they said the bank wasn’t important and proceeded to sit in kav. Soooo maybe ur just getting lucky.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, SecTranLive said:

I have a feeling @Civilian Council has something brewing on this already. But I would agree that even I've been noticing the high imbalance of civs to cops. 

perhaps 

3 hours ago, Informing said:

So people that want to play cop shouldn't be able to play? I don't see a issue that cops are playing, too many civiilians thinks it's more fun to fight them as well. 

And if you see it a problem because you are doing a illegal run, then just fight off the cops for one wave, then leave the redzone, and when they go back to check if you are there and leave, you get a free 15 minutes 🙂

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, JuanDeaged said:

Well it depends what type of cops are on. I’ve done a bank while there were 3 seniors on and I was told they said the bank wasn’t important and proceeded to sit in kav. Soooo maybe ur just getting lucky.

True, but luck can only get you so farr with multiple runs.

I've noticed a bunch of cops on recently, we've tried to lower the amount of cops on my reducing the minimums. Unfortunately we aren't going to tell people to log off the game if there are plenty on, Senior APD can redeploy across servers so it balances out in some sense. However, I'm not sure that there is a clear way to limit the amount of cops online but also allow them to hit their times. That issue comes from people only being able to play at certain times of the week.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I've noticed a bunch of cops on recently, we've tried to lower the amount of cops on my reducing the minimums. Unfortunately we aren't going to tell people to log off the game if there are plenty on, Senior APD can redeploy across servers so it balances out in some sense. However, I'm not sure that there is a clear way to limit the amount of cops online but also allow them to hit their times. That issue comes from people only being able to play at certain times of the week.

Well y'all could stop accepting people their applications like if theres a bunch of people that get kicked because that didnt hit their hours y'all could open the Apps for a certain amount of time and y'all could also add a max of cops allowed on a server

1 hour ago, Mita said:

So people that want to play cop shouldn't be able to play? I don't see a issue that cops are playing, too many civiilians thinks it's more fun to fight them as well. 

And if you see it a problem because you are doing a illegal run, then just fight off the cops for one wave, then leave the redzone, and when they go back to check if you are there and leave, you get a free 15 minutes 🙂

Yea lemme just 1v10 the cops

22 minutes ago, Informing said:

Well y'all could stop accepting people their applications like if theres a bunch of people that get kicked because that didnt hit their hours y'all could open the Apps for a certain amount of time and y'all could also add a max of cops allowed on a server

That's not really a solution when we only have like 170 active cops, we typically have 250+. I don't think that's the issue when you only have to hit 1 hour as a deputy or 2 hours as a po.

8 minutes ago, JuanDeaged said:

Yea lemme just 1v10 the cops

I agree with leaving after 1 wave for doing a run. But yeah, its fucking aids to fight 10 cops.

5 hours ago, Vigi Gang said:

This shouldn't be the only reason to play cop, this in itself is a problem. It wasn't always like this and we've tried to nerf this a bit, but honestly it's rough fighting the sAPD about their money making because they don't think it's in their best interest. I understand that mindset but eventually you get to where we are now, too many cops and not enough civs because it's appaently more worthwhile to counter runs and lose nothing.

The APD as a group with the tools they currently have (planes, hawks, lots of active corproals and above to use said tools) are extremely suppressive vs any small or even large group doing a run.

2 hours ago, Mita said:

Good job ignoring the argument at hand and instantly jumping to this conclusion. If you can't understand why too many cops online vs a limited amount of civilians is bad then you should give civilian a go sometime. By this I mean actually do a run.

2 hours ago, Mita said:

And if you see it a problem because you are doing a illegal run, then just fight off the cops for one wave, then leave the redzone, and when they go back to check if you are there and leave, you get a free 15 minutes

Ah yes, fight off the 10 or so APD members online with the 4 civilians you have doing Box truck runs of weed. Come on mita, you're not that oblivious to how this usually goes, right?

1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I've noticed a bunch of cops on recently, we've tried to lower the amount of cops on my reducing the minimums.

Wouldn't this have the opposite effect? Could you explain your reasoning here, I think I'm probably missing something.

3 hours ago, SecTranLive said:

I have a feeling @Civilian Council has something brewing on this already. But I would agree that even I've been noticing the high imbalance of civs to cops. 

I wish we had a silver bullet to fix this problem, but we just don't. I know anything we bring up that could potentially give civilians the edge or an advantage is just going to get shot down as usual. I've been saying the APD has been too suppressive for well over a year now to anyone that would listen - I guess it's only a problem now because there is nobody left to fight.

How about we look at those crazy numbers the APD is making and you as an sAPD member voice your concern about imabalance in the next meeting?

• Like 2
Just now, Mr Majestic said:

Wouldn't this have the opposite effect? Could you explain your reasoning here, I think I'm probably missing something.

The rational is that because you don't have to hit the higher times, then you will play cop less. It's interesting because this is the first time in a very long time we adjusted the hour requirements to remain active. I know that I play less now.

Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

The rational is that because you don't have to hit the higher times, then you will play cop less. It's interesting because this is the first time in a very long time we adjusted the hour requirements to remain active. I know that I play less now.

Ok, I think I get where you're coming from now. So wouldn't the POs, etc that would normally be removed for not playing enough, also not get removed in general though? I feel like this could go both ways.

1 hour ago, Informing said:

Not a good idea to stop people from playing a dead game.  I agree that the ratio is off, but closing apps isn’t the way to do it.

Lowering the pay may discourage help with the issue.  Would need to see some numbers before justifying this though.

• Like 2