Arma 4 - Anyone else hyped?

Just watched this video (below) and I know Lewis can be a annoying pos at times, but I think he (and Operator Drewski) have made some really good points. 

So my question, is anyone else hyped? If so what are some features/game mechanics you'd really like to see added (or even removed) in the (potential) upcoming release?

Personally, as much as I like Arma being a mil sim game, I think if BI focused a bit more on other aspects of the game (driving, less fucking desync, the shitty camera mechanic, etc...) it could be an amazing open world game, that could have the potential to rival other large open world titles (GTA 5, RDR2)

• Like 2
Just now, Monks said:

defo pumped. I really hope @Ryan and @Zahzi plan to carry olympus over to arma 4.

I 100% agree, and I really hope so too!

1 hour ago, Monks said:

defo pumped. I really hope @Ryan and @Zahzi plan to carry olympus over to arma 4.

Problem is that it is really not up to them. Not to downplay the current development teams skills, but such a feat would be an insane amount of work. 

Altis Life is built on a framework that is made by other developers and such. It is likely that such a framework does not appear for several months to a year after release of Arma 4. With Arma 4 likely going to be using the Enfusion Engine, the coding language used is Enforce Script (Once again, a unique programming language). Luckily, it seems this one is actually pretty close to real world languages like C++, C#, and Java. This should bring more knowledgeable people in as opposed to the abomination that SQF is. 

I think the future is bright for Arma 4. I am confident development and interest will be at an all time high - the problem is ensuring the community can hold their breath long enough to wait. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Problem is that it is really not up to them. Not to downplay the current development teams skills, but such a feat would be an insane amount of work. 

Altis Life is built on a framework that is made by other developers and such. It is likely that such a framework does not appear for several months to a year after release of Arma 4. With Arma 4 likely going to be using the Enfusion Engine, the coding language used is Enforce Script (Once again, a unique programming language). Luckily, it seems this one is actually pretty close to real world languages like C++, C#, and Java. This should bring more knowledgeable people in as opposed to the abomination that SQF is. 

I think the future is bright for Arma 4. I am confident development and interest will be at an all time high - the problem is ensuring the community can hold their breath long enough to wait. 

The current development skills consist of copy and paste.

I said it.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 3

I think if Arma 4 comes out players like us who play unique game modes with a focus on pvp will be disappointed. Bohemia has shown they are going to keep moving the arma series to make it more and more realistic. This is shown starting at the jets dlc where they made the cas jets more clunky to fly, added kick on their cannons, and cluttered the UI to be more “realistic”. While adding jets that go 2x as fast and are focused on AA spamming instead of dogfighting with a cannon. More relevant to Olympus in the tanks dlc changed the camera In vehicles to be more centered to the player, made the camera shake when moving up terrain, and fucked with the driving of cars to make them less responsive and more slippery.

I will still get excited for arma 4 when it’s announced and I’ll probably try it but I doubt it will be fun to play for players who like game modes like altis life or KOTH.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, destruct said:

How so?

You're telling me any dev every just copy and pastes? and Doesn't take the time to make assets or anything new in that fact? If so Consider me a Dev

2 minutes ago, Vcx said:

You're telling me any dev every just copy and pastes? and Doesn't take the time to make assets or anything new in that fact? If so Consider me a Dev

I'd say a lot of developers use websites like StackOverflow or Google when they're trying to solve a problem and just copy & paste a solution to their programming issue.

• Downvote 1
18 minutes ago, destruct said:

I'd say a lot of developers use websites like StackOverflow or Google when they're trying to solve a problem and just copy & paste a solution to their programming issue.

If so every game we play would be alike in some way shape or form  because we'd see those assets in other games or just for view

Sure a lot of games made on unity are copy and pasta but doesn't mean all of their assets are more succecful games are based on making their own assets, buying assets from the unity store isn't bad but like if you look at nearly any successful game they all made something from the ground up or took it from their old games and improved it but did make before. 

28 minutes ago, Vcx said:

If so every game we play would be alike in some way shape or form  because we'd see those assets in other games or just for view

Sure a lot of games made on unity are copy and pasta but doesn't mean all of their assets are more succecful games are based on making their own assets, buying assets from the unity store isn't bad but like if you look at nearly any successful game they all made something from the ground up or took it from their old games and improved it but did make before. 

Dawg you're on some other shit

• Downvote 1

I just wanted to have a nice thread about the amazing potential of the upcoming Arma, but ya'll runit it...

tenor.gif?itemid=7910100

• Like 1
2 hours ago, destruct said:

That's completely different than what the "developers" on Olympus do.  I can literally link the AltisLifeRPG plugins your 'developers' just copy and paste verbatim from AltisLifeRPG without crediting them at all.

Want some examples?

I can keep going, point is, there is a HUGE difference between using StackOverFlow to help you fix bugs, and use new methods that you are unfamilliar with, and straight up copying and pasting plugins from AltisLifeRPG.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 5