Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked This is why asylum is ahead of olympus x100

In my opinion, the problem with Altis Life in general is that it is terrible for someone without friends or a gang. Legal runs are boring and the time/money made ratio is awful. Illegal runs as a single person are just as worse because if anything I probably lose money. Personally, I've only completed like 3 drug runs out of maybe 20. This is how it is for any Altis Life server and I don't think you can blame the population dip on Asylum or anything besides the fact that Life isn't all that great for the casual player.

Or maybe it's just me and I suck at Life.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the problem with Altis Life in general is that it is terrible for someone without friends or a gang. Legal runs are boring and the time/money made ratio is awful. Illegal runs as a single person are just as worse because if anything I probably lose money. Personally, I've only completed like 3 drug runs out of maybe 20. This is how it is for any Altis Life server and I don't think you can blame the population dip on Asylum or anything besides the fact that Life isn't all that great for the casual player.

Or maybe it's just me and I suck at Life.

In Olympus TS is a channel for people looking for groups. It may seem weird to do, but when I first started out, I'd go into that channel and it wouldn't take very long until someone else showed up that was in the exact same boat as you. That's how I met some of the guys that I ended up forming decent gangs with.

• Like 1

In Olympus TS is a channel for people looking for groups. It may seem weird to do, but when I first started out, I'd go into that channel and it wouldn't take very long until someone else showed up that was in the exact same boat as you. That's how I met some of the guys that I ended up forming decent gangs with.

I saw that channel the other day but it seemed like one of those things that nobody used. I'll have to try it now, thanks! :D 

• 1 year later...

What Midget muncher is saying is that asylum is the better of the lesser 2 evils i say this because asylum is more accessible and better in my experience, why because everybody or most people let players make money, i was in olympus but decided to try asylum and now have set my loyalty there reason being is because i play solo and you cant do that when you have fuckers rdming you constantly when your trying to make money. in asylum people actually talk to you before robbing you or tag along with you due to more friendliness. in olympus i constantly get rdmed with out initiation and the server is fucked beyond repair due to corruption and gangs over populating the server. even if you tried to join a gang you either get fucked by your own gang member or get fucked buy other gangs so bottom line room for making money in olympus is slim but asylum is much friendlier environment, dont get me wrong there is still rdm due to idiots but not as much as olympus. please note i am not trying to hate on the developers for the server a big shout out to them if people like my self knew the amount of work went into making the server then more appreciation would be had but i must apologize and say that the server is fucked due to the fact that people just dont give a fuck and nobody Roleplays as much as people do in asylum for e.g i am driving in the main road by the airport and a medic stops me like a cop and we role play everything is fine. but in olympus if that shit happend i would have been shot before i could say anything. thats all i have to say thank you and have a good day.

• Vehicles and weapons now have limited supply and can be crafted at factories located around the island.
  • Prices for vehicles and weapons will adjust based on supply and demand; for example, if a certain vehicle is plentiful on the market, crafting and selling them won't earn as much money as if it had more limited supply. This also affects purchase prices in the same way.

I've seen something similar and it is so aweful 

• Admin

I am sorry you feel this way. We strive to be the best and control rule-breakers as much as we can. We can't be watching players 24/7, thus the reason we rely heavily on player reports. Do your part if you feel someone broke a rule and report. 

Asylum has a large number of staff that helps develop the server and make it better, and we in Olympus have very few and we still have a better server than them. Sure, there are some features that they have that we don't, but our server isn't a constant rdm and lagfest 

On April 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM, fugi said:

you dont get the point he is making he isnt saying its the best server he is showing what we all want from a server ill be that guy to throw it out there as of now server 2 is dead from mc running them off and tba we are all getting bored of doing the same thing and for someone who is new its hard to recover from a big gang fucking him up over his apples or peaches.. Hades made the perfect comment when mc was on server 1 and told mc to go back to server 2 and stop running ppl off and to me he is right i feel so bad now when i think of how many people i have killed over oil or something stupid so he is not trying to be that persons to flame the server i think what he is trying to say is what we all want from this server the community here is amazing and to move to another server just wont be the same.... all this shows is what can be done without mods  

I agree with this

@marsoc why necro this. the thread  was made when the server was at a serious lowpoint there was about 50 or less people playing on the server at peak times i used to think it was great with only around 4 or 5 people on in the mornings i made 10mil in a 2 day period but then i realized that there was no point in playing the server at that point because nobody was playing i was working for nothing.

At this point in time the server is allot different yes it is harder to make money but its more worth it. as the server is actually relevant and full every afternoon to the point that you have to spam to get in it.

basically this post is fundamentally irrelevant.

yes olympus still has some bugs and issues but its not back like it was then.

Augustus i agree 100% with you but my argument was not the server it self but the people and the level of rdm commited compared to asylum that was my argument, like i have said previously that i like olympus alot better than asylum due to the fact that i like some poeple understand the amount of work gone into the server for e.g having NPCs rather than tablets on stands for menues. but again its the people that ruin the game and it just outright sad that roleplay is dead in olympus. Hence gang runned server

@deathsnare i agree with you as well bud and im happy that the server is populated and doing well but imagine yourself playing at a very beginning stage where you only have 20,000 $ then only to try and farm oil, peaches and mine etc, but then get robbed every time you try to process or turn in for money. imagine doing this every 2 hours of your day not making any money how would you feel. i understand what everyone is saying report or take video but like i said unfortunately the damage is done and your back to square one now with no money. but bare with me and understand that not everyone can join a gang and its hard for solo players out there when the server is run by gangs not admins or proper authority figures, and when i say corruption i mean the fact that most gang members join apd and use that to their advantage. thats all i have to say about that. thank you for you time gents.

31 minutes ago, marsoc said:

Augustus i agree 100% with you but my argument was not the server it self but the people and the level of rdm commited compared to asylum that was my argument, like i have said previously that i like olympus alot better than asylum due to the fact that i like some poeple understand the amount of work gone into the server for e.g having NPCs rather than tablets on stands for menues. but again its the people that ruin the game and it just outright sad that roleplay is dead in olympus. Hence gang runned server

@deathsnare i agree with you as well bud and im happy that the server is populated and doing well but imagine yourself playing at a very beginning stage where you only have 20,000 $ then only to try and farm oil, peaches and mine etc, but then get robbed every time you try to process or turn in for money. imagine doing this every 2 hours of your day not making any money how would you feel. i understand what everyone is saying report or take video but like i said unfortunately the damage is done and your back to square one now with no money. but bare with me and understand that not everyone can join a gang and its hard for solo players out there when the server is run by gangs not admins or proper authority figures, and when i say corruption i mean the fact that most gang members join apd and use that to their advantage. thats all i have to say about that. thank you for you time gents.

Without having been in the APD yourself you probably don't really understand what's going on.

Anyone is welcome in the APD regardless of whether or not they're in a gang. That doesn't mean that being in a gang and being on APD is some sort of corruption.

Everyone's been there in the beginning. Plenty of solo players like @Marty have made it just fine. In any case, on any server, you will always be at a disadvantage if you are by yourself as opposed to in a group.

Respectfully I'll have to disagree with you that Admins don't run the server. We certainly don't work our ass off for nothing ;)

i am sorry you feel this way McDili but due to my experience that is not what i am seeing. as i have witness a gang member log out with the same name and log back in with apd tag then show up in town as a cop and let a crime be committed by his own gang member. please dont take any disrespect from this but i have seen it with my own eyes and im not shooting the shit, this is what i mean by corruption and of course you cant see it happening because the limited cops on the server is probably why most crimes go unpunished with only 7/7 cops available for active duty. with 80/80 players or should i say gang members. on personnel note i appreciate the hard work admins do and i realized you cant be in places all the time but please note that because people know this they exploit the situation and take advantage. this is what corruption is. thank again for your time.

2 hours ago, marsoc said:

i am sorry you feel this way McDili but due to my experience that is not what i am seeing. as i have witness a gang member log out with the same name and log back in with apd tag then show up in town as a cop and let a crime be committed by his own gang member. please dont take any disrespect from this but i have seen it with my own eyes and im not shooting the shit, this is what i mean by corruption and of course you cant see it happening because the limited cops on the server is probably why most crimes go unpunished with only 7/7 cops available for active duty. with 80/80 players or should i say gang members. on personnel note i appreciate the hard work admins do and i realized you cant be in places all the time but please note that because people know this they exploit the situation and take advantage. this is what corruption is. thank again for your time.

If there is something you dont like Please submit a player report at http://olympus-entertainment.com/support/

sure things are not perfect. but if rules a broken and there is evidence then the player's will be dealt with. 

4 hours ago, marsoc said:

Sometimes there are bad eggs, but that level of "Corruption" is extremely minor, though it is still a form of metagaming and would result in a removal of an officer from his/her whitelisted role.

All you gotta do is report it.

2 hours ago, marsoc said:

thank you for responding rouge but like i told everyone here reporting and capturing a video is good but unfortunately the damage is done already. but thank you.

If you don't report it then you're allowing it continue. Damage continues to be done because you didn't want to submit. That's fine.

Personally though, I feel like you can't really complain about it if you chose not to do anything about it. You said yourself you know the admin's can't be everywhere. If you don't want to do your part to make Olympus more fun then you only have yourself to blame for the bad experiences that follow.

TLDR DOOD

Weapon & Vehicle crafting is gimmicky and homosexual

I used to play on the server, but when they changed the prices of everything it broke money making, I ended up photo shopping a video to get 120k by compensations because it was rediculous to make money on your o

I do like the idea of an underwater cartel for oil and or turtles... it would give a bigger reason to use the sdars and rebreathers... I think that this should be a consideration on tanoa for a more naval based operation. 

20 minutes ago, babooshka said:

You have no idea what corruption is. The good ole burban PD was fuckin great

Yeah, that PD was a nightmare. They didn't track times then or really put any effort into keeping tabs on folks. There was one internal sheet, LT's could promote people to corp uncontested without anyone else chiming in, there were no meetings at all, no disciplinary standard and it was just a mismanaged mess.

Favoritism will always exist to some degree large or small, but I'm happy to say we've come a long way from what it used to be!