when admins play as civ

These guys running together with no tags. A complete bait for someone to get banned. They all came together. Let alone the stupid amount of gear these guys are running. I have seen players get banned within 2 or 3 mins for getting into a scenario with staff or support. Where everyone else still has players reports in for 4 or 5 days. It is extremely obvious there is abuse from above. I have seen more players leave this server due to abuse from support and staff then anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Senior Web Developer

Definitely agree it's just baiting a ban by running no tags but getting involved in the same situation with your gang members.  Not sure why people can't just have a good time and not try to skirt the grey areas with regards to running no tags.  I have no clue who the players are on either side so this is just an observation from the outside.  I've dealt with people running no tags on other servers in the past, and have dealt with it a lot on this one.  Also, it ruins player experience saying "give me X or you'll be banned."  Let the situation play out and see what happens.  Submit a player report if you feel the player broke rules.

I would suggest a rule change to say "If a gang is initiated on then all gang members, regardless of tags, are initiated upon in the immediate vicinity.  However, un-tagged gang members must still initiate individually unless fired upon."  This would allow for gang [A] to initiate on gang and eliminate all of 's gang members regardless of tags.  It is must more difficult to identify a player without tags because you must first read their name and then the grey gang name.  However, it would still require the more covert un-tagged gang member to initiate separately.  As I just stated, un-tagged players are more difficult to identify because their gang name is in grey and on a second line.

• Downvote 1

This was quite messy. One guy said "Just shoot anybody honestly". That's a tell-tale sign that this was a clusterfuck. Was it a bit scuffed? Yes. But was it still RDM? Yes.

I think the bigger takeaway here that we should be discussing is staff's ability to ban players for their personal interactions. 

It is one thing if a staff member is in game and bans "User (2)" for mass rdm in Kav square.

It is different though if a staff member bans somebody they directly interacted with. Only reason I state this is because I remember a time long ago where Hadi or whatever the fuck that terrorist's name was banned me himself when I vigi'd him. 2-3 stressful hours later I had my ban lifted because I hadn't done anything wrong, he was just hella salty and trying to find his loophole.

My $0.02

Sorry to say though, this was sketch.

5 minutes ago, DubbedSoap said:

This was quite messy. One guy said "Just shoot anybody honestly". That's a tell-tale sign that this was a clusterfuck. Was it a bit scuffed? Yes. But was it still RDM? Yes.

I think the bigger takeaway here that we should be discussing is staff's ability to ban players for their personal interactions. 

It is one thing if a staff member is in game and bans "User (2)" for mass rdm in Kav square.

It is different though if a staff member bans somebody they directly interacted with. Only reason I state this is because I remember a time long ago where Hadi or whatever the fuck that terrorist's name was banned me himself when I vigi'd him. 2-3 stressful hours later I had my ban lifted because I hadn't done anything wrong, he was just hella salty and trying to find his loophole.

My $0.02

was always funny seeing hadi scream at deputies for RDMing him

1 hour ago, DubbedSoap said:

My $0.02

lmao I killed Hadi before he reached an atm in kavala and he cried rdm

46 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

As the least abusive member of OS I agree traps are gay.

@Colt Have you ever been abused by OS?

Honestly its been a minute im waiting for a jet to ram me

35 minutes ago, coopacarp said:

Honestly now that I think about it, when I say I hate staff I think I really just fucking hate Goat. After seeing a picture of that man I just can't take him seriously anymore (not that I ever really did).

Imagine not @ing him. 

@Mr GOAT

https://gyazo.com/3acd4669d721eb019c6abc80c559a651

If you guys are going to say he broke rules then Dicky should've been banned too in my report, you kids only enforce rules when they are convenient for you lmfao.

I literally ran away from the kid to show I wasn't with him and with RANGE FINDERS OUT so he knew I wasn't going to shoot. If you guys are going to enforce a rule, be on the same page staff.

https://youtu.be/XupVuXbq_7Q

There's the video in case you think my situation isn't basically the same shit as above ❤️

@Grandma Gary

Edited by coopacarp
2 hours ago, coopacarp said:

I literally ran away from the kid to show I wasn't with him and with RANGE FINDERS OUT so he knew I wasn't going to shoot. If you guys are going to enforce a rule, be on the same page staff.

You ran TOWARDS the ifirit you chimp, plus the situation in your video is different from the one originally posted.

Shit gang shit player get the fuck off the forums with your bitching

• Head Admin
8 hours ago, coopacarp said:

https://gyazo.com/3acd4669d721eb019c6abc80c559a651

If you guys are going to say he broke rules then Dicky should've been banned too in my report, you kids only enforce rules when they are convenient for you lmfao.

https://youtu.be/XupVuXbq_7Q

There's the video in case you think my situation isn't basically the same shit as above ❤️

@Grandma Gary

9b3f06960453586ac393c97e63820929.png

1. Member of group engages Ifrit

2. Idiot runs TOWARDS Ifrit

3. People in Ifrit shoot person running TOWARDS them and gets shot

4.69ad84cb57ec986e6e9b5c4610385941.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Pepega 1
13 hours ago, Poon said:

You ran TOWARDS the ifirit you chimp, plus the situation in your video is different from the one originally posted.

Shit gang shit player get the fuck off the forums with your bitching

Imagine being a full blown infant

7 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

9b3f06960453586ac393c97e63820929.png

1. Member of group engages Ifrit

2. Idiot runs TOWARDS Ifrit

3. People in Ifrit shoot person running TOWARDS them and gets shot

4.69ad84cb57ec986e6e9b5c4610385941.jpg

Then how TF is it RDM what happened in this situation????

1. Member of group engages ENTIRE sand pro

2. Idiots stay there with guns out after shooting someone in it

3. People get shit on by kid with a tazer and gets banned?

4. If there are 10 people in kav square standing around each other and one person shoots at a kid on office building and someone whips out range finders that is standing by the shooter and runs not DIRECTLY at the office building but more like diagonal to it then the office building guy can shoot him?

Edited by coopacarp