My thoughts on server merg testing

Noble

1 hour ago, Skateezy said:

We need more info on admin tools to even pitch any of these ideas.

It really is as simple as providing a list of what you have in your houses and getting it compensated but there is too much mistrust for the general populace for the staff team to trust they weren't doctored.

I see no issue in letting a few million slide into the economy by those who DO lie to accommodate a closure of server 1 or 2.

I pitched this awhile ago at a meeting and it got no traction but this is what I was thinking. This really isn't that confusing of an issue, it's not like we are the first server to do this.

Step 1: Put warnings up everywhere two weeks before server closure. Side chat warnings, tooltip warnings, login screen, forums, everywhere thinkable. The goal here is to reach the player base that DO not use the forums also. Warning Example: "Server 2 will be closing down on *date*, record all the contents of your properties and submit a compensation request"

Step 2: Set a meeting date for ALL major faction leaders to talk to map designers. Senior R&R, sAPD, Senior Support, Senior Civilian Council, and staff to discuss new locations for houses and sheds. Focus on killing excess access on map (I have like 40-50 screenshots of completely useless structures that are not on the baseline Altis map).

Step 3: Temporarily allow Senior Support, Moderators, and Senior R&R to accommodate compensation requests ONLY related to server transfers. I am excluding sAPD and Civilian Council from these allowances because frankly neither of those positions are relevant to trustworthiness. Senior R&R is included as they are typically neutral players due to lack of civilian gameplay. They would be rewarded for this much like any other position, whether it be "brownie points" to get their fake online promotion, staff points, warpoints, whatever (this is to reduce sketchiness and doesn't violate labor laws).

Step 4: Increase the frequency of warnings 5 days before closure.

Step 5: Rinse and repeat.

Realistically, that would be the way to do it. Staff have all the tools to compensate any lost items - it would just be time consuming and tedious. Personally, I'd be down to grind through comp requests though.

Either way, Ryan stated a few days ago that he doesn't plan on fully closing s2 for a very long time.

I agree with him, and I think it's way too soon to close a server.

• Like 1
  • Owner
3 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Either way, Ryan stated a few days ago that he doesn't plan on fully closing s2 for a very long time.

I agree with him, and I think it's way too soon to close a server.

Im glad someone finally read what I said... its almost like some people here read only what they want to read... ffs

• Like 3
  • Weird 1
15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Im glad someone finally read what I said... its almost like some people here read only what they want to read... ffs

I think it is more that people are trying to force an opinion.

Olympus Entertainment is your property but there are people that have grown an unhealthy dependency on your property so they will experience rage over it.

I will say having the server that full felt like Olympus in 2015; I play casually though.

11 hours ago, Noble said:

2. Worst medical services ever. 

There was a time when an EMT would drive to meth pro just to get someone up. In the past day i have died 3 times and all 3 have been bleed outs. there were 10 medics on including S&R an i will still bleed out 1km from a hospital. I have not seen this many afk medics sense the old Gambling medic days.

that's funny because EMTs are not allowed to go into redzones.

checkmate libtard ; another win for the good guys!

• Pepega 1
6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Image result for first time meme

Edited by _logan
15 hours ago, Skateezy said:

Step 2: Set a meeting date for ALL major faction leaders to talk to map designers. Senior R&R, sAPD, Senior Support, Senior Civilian Council, and staff to discuss new locations for houses and sheds. Focus on killing excess access on map (I have like 40-50 screenshots of completely useless structures that are not on the baseline Altis map).

Step 3: Temporarily allow Senior Support, Moderators, and Senior R&R to accommodate compensation requests ONLY related to server transfers. I am excluding sAPD and Civilian Council from these allowances because frankly neither of those positions are relevant to trustworthiness. Senior R&R is included as they are typically neutral players due to lack of civilian gameplay. They would be rewarded for this much like any other position, whether it be "brownie points" to get their fake online promotion, staff points, warpoints, whatever (this is to reduce sketchiness and doesn't violate labor laws).

LOL this is a joke right? senior support aren't trusted, they just are experts at telling people how to submit a player report and don't even get me started on sr&r being trusted to the extent of being able to do comp requests.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Temporarily allow Senior Support, Moderators, and Senior R&R

fZKleKH.gif

16 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

Personally, I'd be down to grind through comp requests though.

Let's focus on you correctly processing player reports first, thanks!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pepega 1
8 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

LOL this is a joke right? senior support aren't trusted, they just are experts at telling people how to submit a player report and don't even get me started on sr&r being trusted to the extent of being able to do comp requests.

ego on a video game server lmao

if ya'll hit the gym once you would know trusting a few people to do janitor duty is not that big of a deal

Edited by Guest
On 10/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Noble said:

No no trust ne, im being 100% serious. 10 medic stack and i bleed out 15 min. I didnt care enough to get screenshots of the medics involved but If it helps, I was on yesterday from 3:30 to 12 EST. 100% being serious on this i even msg'ed R%R after respawn asking what happened and no one responded out of 5 medics on 

Also my list was NOT meant to be all negative, just giving my initial thoughts :^)

Can confirm i was there when this man was screaming "THERE ARE 10 MEDICS ON IM 300M FROM A HOSPITAL AND ABOUT TO BLEED OUT" while i watched all 10 medics sit in kavala and circle jerk around a new player.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, monsterr said:

Can confirm i was there when this man was screaming "THERE ARE 10 MEDICS ON IM 300M FROM A HOSPITAL AND ABOUT TO BLEED OUT" while i watched all 10 medics sit in kavala and circle jerk around a new player.

I’m all pro medic but stuff like this really ruins it.  There is this particular medic (not throwing his name here) that allegedly passenger seats players while playing medic and even goes into cop channels to scream like a little bitch to people. Seriously demented individual. 

• 2 weeks later...