So what's the pic use policy as it pertains to doxxing?

So people use my pics for memes and shit talk because they've been posted to discord, and it was considered not doxxing because I posted them to a oly related discord myself at one point.  That's all fair and good, as it should be, but I Just want to clarify this rule before I get a doxxing ban for a double standard for posting what I want to post.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, CaloomClark said:

Common sense✨✨

Yeah but.. I feel like simps gonna try to pull a double standard on me and I want to bring attention to it before it happens.

I mean, technically its doxing unless you are giving explicit permission to re-post the pictures but im unsure how it would work here on Olympus.

Id assume it depends on if its a picture you yourself have already shared or if its as a example taken from a facebook / instagram etc that you have not shared / made public and how the picture is used(?)

If a picture is used but its a picture you yourself have shared and they are using it to harass you then common knowledge would be to tell em to stop and then move on to harassment report but outside of that you yourself shared the picture so "you reap what you sow"

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

I mean, technically its doxing unless you are giving explicit permission to re-post the pictures but im unsure how it would work here on Olympus.

Id assume it depends on if its a picture you yourself have already shared or if its as a example taken from a facebook / instagram etc that you have not shared / made public and how the picture is used(?)

If a picture is used but its a picture you yourself have shared and they are using it to harass you then common knowledge would be to tell em to stop and then move on to harassment report but outside of that you yourself shared the picture so "you reap what you sow"

🤷‍♂️

That's how I would see it.  It wasn't doxxing ( and to be clear, i didnt report on the reverse situation.. i called it doxxing as a meme and staff took me serious and told me it isnt because i shared the pic myself).  But that would mean that someone sharing their pics and streams in the CTF discord would also be 100% legit?

8 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

That's how I would see it.  It wasn't doxxing ( and to be clear, i didnt report on the reverse situation.. i called it doxxing as a meme and staff took me serious and told me it isnt because i shared the pic myself).  But that would mean that someone sharing their pics and streams in the CTF discord would also be 100% legit?

Feel like it would be up to staff discretion on how private the way the picture was shared is, example your profile picture is obviously public, a discord dm is obviously private, etc

Regardless of "doxxing" it would probably be construed as harassment if the person has an issue with how it is used. 

7 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

I mean, the second you make a picture "public" within anything on Olympus (be it gang discords etc) ods are everyone will see it so the doxing part kinda goes away when its something you yourself posted, it would then again go into the harassment side of things due to it being used to harass you.

Doxing only really applies when its information etc that you yourself have not shared with anything Olympus related and people have tracked it down, even then in some cases depending on what information about yourself you have given out prior it can be null and void as far as Doxing goes but instead again go back to harassment

• Admin

I can’t speak on now being the standard can be pretty fluid, but when I was staff if you were posting anyone’s picture on the forums and they had a problem with it you’d get the normal forum discipline of a warning, forum ban, eventual in game ban if it persisted. Postings anyone’s picture when they don’t want it circulating, especially to publicly shame, definitely was no bueno. 

2 hours ago, Dante said:

I can’t speak on now being the standard can be pretty fluid, but when I was staff if you were posting anyone’s picture on the forums and they had a problem with it you’d get the normal forum discipline of a warning, forum ban, eventual in game ban if it persisted. Postings anyone’s picture when they don’t want it circulating, especially to publicly shame, definitely was no bueno. 

Nah man. Nowaday you post one guy's face with no context and they give you a perm on the forums & ingame, with no warning.

4 hours ago, Millennium said:

Nah man. Nowaday you post one guy's face with no context and they give you a perm on the forums & ingame, with no warning.

Wah 😭 I can’t post people’s personally identifiable information online wah 😭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ Mighty banned me for saying brown so I think posting a pic means him turning up at your door and throwing hands 🥵😻

best course of practice is to not expose someone on the forums or in game regardless of if the info is in the public domain or not 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:

i've had someone message my dad on facebook they never got permed lol

Is your dad single?

6 hours ago, Boovin said:

@ Mighty banned me for saying brown so I think posting a pic means him turning up at your door and throwing hands 🥵😻

best course of practice is to not expose someone on the forums or in game regardless of if the info is in the public domain or not 

Well said Boovin

On 6/15/2023 at 3:35 PM, The Sovereign said:

Yeah but.. I feel like simps gonna try to pull a double standard on me and I want to bring attention to it before it happens.

i can assure you there are no simps here summoner

• Downvote 2

Such an absurd abuse of power.  I hope @ Mako at least got something out of it.  

They should have kept you..   I dunno actually I have no idea who you even are.

• STFU 1
On 6/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, The Sovereign said:

So people use my pics for memes and shit talk because they've been posted to discord, and it was considered not doxxing because I posted them to a oly related discord myself at one point.  That's all fair and good, as it should be, but I Just want to clarify this rule before I get a doxxing ban for a double standard for posting what I want to post.  

you dumb bitch your profile picture on this forum page is your ugly self, meaning its public fucking information. every picture anyone has of you is because YOU sent it, you fucking moron🤣

doxxing is what happened to me, people finding my baby pictures and spreading em as the bunk bed bandits @ Siltonious Milton II