Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Modded server community thoughts?

Modded or No?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a modded life server?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

I've been pretty tempted lately to make a modded life server, kinda like Arma 3 Life. Just found this map released a week ago as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=66&v=pzXxHe7ad1I

What are your thoughts on this? Discuss :P

Modded servers open up a ton of possibilities, more cars like lambos, less limitations, custom weapons, etc.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Would love this. Would also REALLY love a hard application to get into the server. since we have altis life we can make arma life strictly about RP and shit and idk i just want tons of RP shit if this happens cuz RP is life.

also is there a way to switch to full theme on mobile? I hate mobile themes and its killing me.

Edited by Horizon

Will it be kinda like the Arma 3 life engine, or will it be like Altis Life but on a new map?? I don't have much experience with this type of stuff. I'm just worried if it would be harder to run or something like that. But besides that, I say go for it :)

Btw, server 3??? :D

If there are sweet Police vehicles with LED light bars then count me in. Sounds like an awesome idea.

The only problem is that we need more cops. I... think???

(INSERT JUST DO IT GIF HERE)

Only problem with the Australia map is... it takes 40 minutes to drive across, we'd need way more police and players for this server, which would be hard because  people don't necessarily want to get mods. 

But I would definitely do it, I think it would be a nice change from Altis.

• Admin

Sounds like a good idea.  Although, do we have the staff to Administrate this?.  I used to play Arma 3 Life but the community killed it for me, but an A3L server with all of you guys? I'm so down for it.  What would worry me though would be the abandonment of our Altis life servers which honestly I prefer more than the current maps modded servers offer.  

I must admit I am more excited for the map remake that was mentioned a while back to our Altis server than an A3L modded server. 

Although, in all honesty.  Anything managed by the Olympus staff would be nothing short of amazing ;) 

Edited by Bubbaloo

(INSERT JUST DO IT GIF HERE)

Only problem with the Australia map is... it takes 40 minutes to drive across, we'd need way more police and players for this server, which would be hard because  people don't necessarily want to get mods. 

But I would definitely do it, I think it would be a nice change from Altis.

More people like Mods than you think

in a heartbeat I would be ok with a modded server. 

This phrase is self contridicting.

in a heartbeat implies with haste, or absolute

be okay implies that you're in agreement but not in love with

But i think the idea is fantastic.

Would people keep there positions like R&R an APD or would it be where you would only be allowed on one server?

Alos: What hppened to the Altis Life Remake i was wanting that to happen.

Edited by Stix
  • Like 2

A lot of this is still being thrown around, but thinking of doing an application to get in. To make sure the RP was in order. For R&R and Cop would be discussed at a later time to figure out how we would go about it.

• Like 1