Olympus Forum Behavior

Retweet. 

A lot of people don't understand how to handle the no's. Someone doesn't get banned, they complain on the forums. Someone gets rdm'd, complain on the forums. Maybe on the website we can make it more obvious to new people where to fill out reports and tickets. Just a thought since people end up saying they didn't know where to report people. 

People also don't understand the point of ranks, and maybe it could be a little more obvious on the forums who's a senior admin and such. I know the senior admins mainly from teamspeak and realizing the forum coorelation but I can see how it would be hard to tell who's a senior and who's not.

just thoughts to help provide some small but maybe easy fixes to make it easier for people to follow what you suggested in terms of rank and reports/tickets. 

Thank god god there is a post made about this. It is a big problem.

Just now, Redmer said:

Olympus isn't dying, but Olympus gang life is.

32 minutes ago, Goodman said:

For those that are concerned about certain areas of Olympus dying should know that the staff and developers together are working to produce content to revitalize dead areas and open new ones.

• Like 2

This is a great post @Goodman props to making it covers a lot of what people are upset about, but this cute post doesn't make the server better action does. I think if the staff made an effort to actually engage with the community with ideas MORE FREQUENTLY then some of these people would be like "hey these Staff/Admins actually care about how well their server and loyal players are doing and are keeping us involved" this once a month State Of Olympus would be better if done like once a week and hell it doesn't have to be @Peter Long set up a twitch account so that all staff members can stream Arma3 or what ever game they choose to play. Having that 1-2hr engagement a week from the staff will go a long way. Think of Olympus as a big Gang okay and the staff are the leaders, but you only see them like once every 3 weeks and they on like a hour how do you think that gang is gonna last....Not very long and that's what Olympus fells like to a lot of members like me. We asked for this type of stuff before you as a leader a face of this community have to keep us in the loop we cant be asked to connect the dots cuz we don't have that leadership role. This is pretty much a rant but its how i feel at the moment k so deal with it.

Edited by platinumfire
  • Head Admin
28 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Maybe on the website we can make it more obvious to new people where to fill out reports and tickets. Just a thought since people end up saying they didn't know where to report people. 

9d8c7a80558a085b8f2a47a82adb9e20.png

Literally on the homepage.  There is only so much we can do to battle peoples lack of braincells.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Grandma Gary said:

Literally on the homepage.  There is only so much we can do to battle peoples lack of braincells.

savage. btw, does these things i didn't read apply to me?

• Like 1

Olympus is no where close to dying. I don't understand where people get this from. 111/111 every night for the most part.
If you are bored with gang life, fighting cartels, or anything of the sort just stop bitching, make your suggestion and get on with it. 

:bender-dance:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, platinumfire said:

This is a great post @Goodman props to making it covers a lot of what people are upset about, but this cute post doesn't make the server better action does. I think if the staff made an effort to actually engage with the community with ideas MORE FREQUENTLY then some of these people would be like "hey these Staff/Admins actually care about how well their server and loyal players are doing and are keeping us involved" this once a month State Of Olympus would be better if done like once a week and hell it doesn't have to be @Peter Long set up a twitch account so that all staff members can stream Arma3 or what ever game they choose to play. Having that 1-2hr engagement a week from the staff will go a long way. Think of Olympus as a big Gang okay and the staff are the leaders, but you only see them like once every 3 weeks and they on like a hour how do you think that gang is gonna last....Not very long and that's what Olympus fells like to a lot of members like me. We asked for this type of stuff before you as a leader a face of this community have to keep us in the loop we cant be asked to connect the dots cuz we don't have that leadership role. This is pretty much a rant but its how i feel at the moment k so deal with it.

Mfw I just spent 2 weeks in the support room just playing games with everyone.

Mfw I make a point when logging off for the night to go through every channel to say bye.  

Mfw I connect to almost every gangs TS daily to check in and say hi. 

Staff do interact with the community,  just because you haven't been one of the members doesn't mean we don't interact.  It's kinda like the job description homie.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Mfw I just spent 2 weeks in the support room just playing games with everyone.

Mfw I make a point when logging off for the night to go through every channel to say bye.  

Mfw I connect to almost every gangs TS daily to check in and say hi. 

Staff do interact with the community,  just because you haven't been one of the members doesn't mean we don't interact.  It's kinda like the job description homie.

MC Teamspeak isn't the whole community.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

I mean change the banner to say, "report section" instead of "support".

Just now, platinumfire said:

MC Teamspeak isn't the whole community.

Before I left VX he would go in there every so often. Also I remember recently seeing peter go into all the channels, and I was like wut he doin? And now I know that he's saying good night.

8 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

-snip-

I think instead of you doing them everyone once in a while, which we all like btw, people want maybe one more often, like every two weeks, and all the admins can have one to do every month or rotation, and they can use a Olympus admin twitch account to do it. We all love the podcasts and maybe they could be done more often by different admins. We love the staff engaging with people. I loved Gary's bobcat at the BW, I used it to repair my ifrit. Hehe. B). But I love it, lots of fun.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Peter Long said:
10 minutes ago, platinumfire said:

I'm sorry Peter,  I was wrong.  Please forgive me.  I appreciate all of the effort the staff puts in this community. 

ya know i was giving my honest opinion with constitutive criticism if this is how you want to act when Im actually posting something i think everyone feels and then giving insite to fix said problem. Then sir you really have been in the position too long.

1 minute ago, platinumfire said:

ya know i was giving my honest opinion with constitutive criticism if this is how you want to act when Im actually posting something i think everyone feels and then giving insite to fix said problem. Then sir you really have been in the position too long.

Your original post was fine,  your response was not.  

8 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

I mean change the banner to say, "report section" instead of "support".

Before I left VX he would go in there every so often. Also I remember recently seeing peter go into all the channels, and I was like wut he doin? And now I know that he's saying good night.

I think instead of you doing them everyone once in a while, which we all like btw, people want maybe one more often, like every two weeks, and all the admins can have one to do every month or rotation, and they can use a Olympus admin twitch account to do it. We all love the podcasts and maybe they could be done more often by different admins. We love the staff engaging with people. I loved Gary's bobcat at the BW, I used it to repair my ifrit. Hehe. B). But I love it, lots of fun.

I could roll out more podcasts. I'm in the middle of selling my house and moving,  that's why I haven't done one recently (same goes with gang wars). Once I get everything back to normal they will ramp up. 

4 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Your original post was fine,  your response was not.  

I could roll out more podcasts. I'm in the middle of selling my house and moving,  that's why I haven't done one recently (same goes with gang wars). Once I get everything back to normal they will ramp up. 

That would explain a little. But yeah, I'm just thinking it could be cool if even one or two other admins could help do podcasts occasionally, that would be fun, something new. If people like you better than them or they just aren't liked at all, then you can keep doing them. Would be fun to get some other admins in the limelight of interacting with the community. Not that they don't already.

Just now, DANGUSDEAN said:

That would explain a little. But yeah, I'm just thinking it could be cool if even one or two other admins could help do podcasts occasionally, that would be fun, something new. If people like you better than them or they just aren't liked at all, then you can keep doing them. Would be fun to get some other admins in the limelight of interacting with the community. Not that they don't already.

Goodman will be with me tonight on the podcast. I can always have a revolving door of staff/senior members to do it with. That's actually a good idea,  a featured co-host for the podcast each time.  

• Like 1
Just now, Peter Long said:

Goodman will be with me tonight on the podcast. I can always have a revolving door of staff/senior members to do it with. That's actually a good idea,  a featured co-host for the podcast each time.  

That would be a lot of fun to watch. Different people each time. I like the idea. +1