Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

Should Vigis be able to taze cops?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vigis be able to taze cops?

• Yes
    • no

3 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

All I'm going to say is I'm not playing APD or Civ until this issue gets straightened out and I feel a lot of people in this community may hold a similar stance. If we wanted everybody in the game to run around with a SPAR 16 we would have added them to black markets and rebel outposts. To me it's pretty clear people are abusing the fact they can buy a SPAR 16 from any vigi shop and the senior staff are ignoring the fact that it is becoming an issue. To me it isn't only the problem of cops being tazed, a bunch of people are using vigilante perks to go around robbing whoever they please. There needs to be a rule made that states, "you aren't allowed to rob someone using vigi equipment" or just get rid of the vigilante role altogether because the majority of the people who use a tazer rifle aren't going to play as a legal vigilante. Obviously nothing is going to change unless the senior staff agree that this is an issue that needs to be resolved.

1st you are a career medic, 2nd it doesn't matter if i have a sting i would still wreck, and i don't rob as vigi or help rob unless i have a bounty somehow.  And its people on apd are the ones complaining because all the rest are skats getting robbed. I guess apd should role in two's rather than bait them self in kavala by them self. probs the skats robbing them too lol

1 hour ago, MrRonSwanson said:

@Jesse

Rebels lose their gun. Cops lose every singe item they have on them.

The scenario that happened to me, 2 deputies and @Bubbaloo Burrito. We were in kav, I am on the second floor with a deputy and everyone is leaving. The gang in question has 5 members in the HQ, all ready to shoot. One of the deputies says "alright, time to leave the HQ everyone. The second he finishes EVERY CLAN MEMBER OPENS FIRE AND TAKES ALL OF US. Now if @TheRandomOne wants to come in here and claim " you just need to get better." He can fuck right off. These situations can't be foreseen. We finish processing guys, let them go because they aren't wanted and we were being nice. And boom, all 4 of us are tazed and restrained within 5-10 seconds. Then we are blindfolded, brought to the middle of nowhere and robbed of /everything./ backpack, Y inventory, everything. 

I never said it wouldn't happen at all, it's still going to happen if you get out maneuvered/out played. It's inevitable. In fact, it's only a matter of time before it happens to me. But I'm not going to say it should be removed when it does. Generally speaking any death I've had in Arma I can always trace back what I did wrong that got me there, acknowledge my screw up, and try to be more aware going forward. I don't win 100% of the time in every engagement, and sure it sucks, but it's fine. 

53 minutes ago, Snare said:

Your disrespect makes me grow weary your new here and continually act like your some sortof high position community member when talking to everybody on the forums. @TheRandomOne @Bubbaloo Burrito says hes bad and you respond with

like I mean https://clyp.it/jhnpyjjo

I find it (the tazes) annoying too and I guarantee that (I hate saying this but it's true) I'm a better "combat player" than you will ever be.

all the points you ever make are toxic and obnoxious you talk like a 15 year old starbucks girl and then accuse other people of groaning.

and then the second your beloved Jesse (not calling you out here mate just making a point and thankyou for your dev work) makes the same type of "shitty argument" that bubbaloo makes

you respond with

why don't you tell him to stop saying pointless arguments. instead of joking around like a mongol.

People can say what they want on these forums

But people like you who talk like their the OG L9J9 make themselves a hated fool.

My point is you can have your opinion I can have my opinion bubbaloo can have his opinion but the bottom line is just don't be a retard about other peoples opinions and start attacking them with your stupid sarcastic remarks.

Like I said your new here

Don't want you to have a ruined reputation this early on.

I'm not sure why people think that I am on a power trip of some sort? You're not the first to say something along those lines, and you won't be the last I'm sure. Let me try and break it down for you, and others, real simply though. I've spoken like this (however "this" is) since the moment I signed up on the forums and probably the past 10ish years of my life. The irony right now is you claiming I speak down to people while simultaneously being incredibly condescending, it's fairly amusing though.

All the points I make you feel are toxic and obnoxious? Well, are we attempting to have a legitimate discussion or are we talking about feelings because they're pretty damn exclusive. If you want a logical/thought out debate I'm all for it, hence why I might be a dick but I'm not wrong. I mean look at @MrRonSwanson his "argument" is "fuck off", and I'm the issue? That's adorable. In an actual debate, your feelings are irrelevant. I don't care if it makes you feel good or not, I care about what's logical and makes the most sense.

It's funny you bring up jesse though, he was telling me in TS that I'm coming off as very sarcastic in this thread. Which, he's right. I will take it seriously when someone makes a serious argument, as I have done in countless other threads. Otherwise my responses are only as serious as the context. Generally, I won't write a page of text in response to 3 sentences completely separated from any form of logic. How would that make any sense? 

And yes, people can say whatever they want on the forums. Thank you for pointing out the obvious while apparently being oblivious to the fact that anyone can then respond to them. I could go on the forums and make a status update that says "Macs are so much better than PCs for playing Arma" but then I shouldn't be surprised when other people comment on it and call me an idiot for that. Why would you think that if you post an idea publicly that it wouldn't get challenged? I would easily expect that for anything I post which is why I attempt to make sure I cover my bases. I've been proven wrong before and when I am I don't double down on stupid, I, often begrudgingly, admit it.

Also, you don't hate saying that, we both know you think you're a god at the game so of course you enjoyed your chance at a dig there. While I easily disagree, it's neither here nor there, that's a debate for another place and time. And using the "I'm new here" as a way to discount my argument? See, this is what I mean. It's hard to take something like that seriously because if you genuinely think that you need a required amount of hours for logic, you are sorely mistaken.

So here is your wall of text for a condescending post thinly-veiled as some sort of advice. What a joke.

Edit: In case you were unaware of why I called it a joke, it's because your entire post is pretty much attacking me and not my position. Which really only goes to prove a point here....

14 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Your argument is so circular it's actually mind-boggling that you see that as an effective way to resolve most cop issues.

Explain to me 1) How it's circular 2) where else I've used this argument besides in regards to tazing/restraining

4 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Your argument is so circular it's actually mind-boggling that you see that as an effective way to resolve most cop issues.

Because it's not bullshit. Play smarter, be tazed/restrained less. It's quite simple honestly.And yes, it'll still happen sometimes no matter how smart you play. Well guess what? It should. The playing field is equalized. The amount of money/time a civ costs a cop when he is tazed/robbed is marginal to how much cops cost civs.

So was it suppose to be like an order of events here, or the choice of not having a choice of being tazed?  play smarter and it doesn't matter hm? I'm lost to goat

1 minute ago, gordonmann1 said:

1st you are a career medic, 2nd it doesn't matter if i have a sting i would still wreck, and i don't rob as vigi or help rob unless i have a bounty somehow.  And its people on apd are the ones complaining because all the rest are skats getting robbed. I guess apd should role in two's rather than bait them self in kavala by them self. probs the skats robbing them too lol

1st - Does it matter if he's a career medic?

2nd - I doubt you'd do better with a sting than a spar 16

3rd - Read the last 3 sentences more than 5 times, still don't understand what you said

15 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

-snip-

You know what the difference is? I'm not new here and I'm attacking someone for attacking another person (a respected player at that) not just for making a comment.

10 minutes ago, JebronLames said:

1st - Does it matter if he's a career medic?

2nd - I doubt you'd do better with a sting than a spar 16

3rd - Read the last 3 sentences more than 5 times, still don't understand what you said

1 yea because he doesn't get on civ or cop and he is complaining about not getting on civ or cop till its fixed so that is irrelevant

2. I aim for the legs all day they will go down, just ask your mom

3. its only cops complaining about being tazed, they realized tazed by skats right?

5 minutes ago, gordonmann1 said:

A career medic even though I have more minutes on APD then I do the R&R.. Yep you're right. Not to mention the countless situations I have seen and spectated where someone chooses to utilize vigi weapons with no intentions of playing the role how it was meant to be intended. I've only been on this server for over two years and it's not like I notice if there becomes an apparent change in gameplay or if things gets abused.. -____-

1st, get your facts straight. 2nd, don't say anything if you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tman15tmb said:

A career medic even though I have more minutes on APD then I do the R&R.. Yep you're right. Not to mention the countless situations I have seen and spectated where someone chooses to utilize vigi weapons with no intentions of playing the role how it was meant to be intended. I've only been on this server for over two years and it's not like I notice if there becomes an apparent change in gameplay or if things gets abused.. -____-

1st, get your facts straight. 2nd, don't say anything if you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say.

Then take the spar out lol it does not matter when communities change everyday. Its easier to get bounties so people become a vigi it is what it is homie

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Snare said:

You know what the difference is? I'm not new here and I'm attacking someone for attacking another person (a respected player at that) not just for making a comment.

C'mon Snare, ya did it again. Trying to use the "new/not new" argument when it didn't even hold up the first time. And attacking him? Who did I attack?  If you feel this threatened by a logical argument, then your problem isn't with me friend.

Also, see? This is why I don't write walls of text. Because you literally read everything I just said (ideally), said "fuck it" threw it out the window and repeated yourself using different words and you wonder why I don't take it seriously.

6 minutes ago, gordonmann1 said:

Then take the spar out lol it does not matter when communities change everyday. Its easier to get bounties so people become a vigi it is what it is homie

See, this I understand. A vigi shouldn't be more powerful than even a deputy so the deputies weapon should at least be better than any vigi weapon. +1

• Admin

We don't want vigis to be gone just things the way they were. Before this buff. Vigi is a part of the game it's just that the recent changes turned them and rebels into spar tazing cops all the time cunts. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

C'mon Snare, ya did it again. Trying to use the "new/not new" argument when it didn't even hold up the first time. And attacking him? Who did I attack?  If you feel this threatened by a logical argument, then your problem isn't with me friend.

bahahhahahahha You know what I don't want to get moderated so i'm just gonna shhh

4 minutes ago, Snare said:

bahahhahahahha You know what I don't want to get moderated so i'm just gonna shhh

See, this is just too easy. You're "holding back" for fear of getting moderated which means you can't even form an intelligent point. Feel free to join the conversation when you have something relevant to say.

Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

52ac8bf3a4ad3857bdd179cc9bf841c3.png

Congrats you've made a graphic. It doesn't actually make sense, but hey, why prove a point when you can make a pretty picture.

So, still waiting on you to answer my 2 questions.

Guest G.O.A.T.
1 minute ago, TheRandomOne said:

Congrats you've made a graphic. It doesn't actually make sense, but hey, why prove a point when you can make a pretty picture.

So, still waiting on you to answer my 2 questions.

That's an illustration of your circular argument, sir.

Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

That's an illustration of your circular argument, sir.

It's an illustration alright. I'll give you that. Under what you are assuming to be a circular argument though, telling someone they'll get better at something if they practice is a circular argument. So, yes, it is definitely an illustration, but it doesn't prove anything, sir.

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

Cops will get start getting banned as a legit admin strategy. Also, it'd be to start a fed, not maintain it.

I said "they", not I. I pay even my $1m tickets.

I DONT PAY MY TICKETS..... @Zahzi PAYS THEM FOR ME