Civilian Grey Area Thread

Okay hypothetical situation. Your in a gang fight, APD show up, restrain enemy gang members. You kill all cops in the area. 

What are you allowed to do with the enemy gang members? I know you can’t shoot them on the spot obivously, but can you take them in your own vehicle and RP with them? I saw that you can’t vigi them cause that’s vigi abuse, you can’t simply unrestrain them later and just 1 tap them (#warpoints) so what really could you do with them...? 

Thanks boys 

9 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Okay hypothetical situation. Your in a gang fight, APD show up, restrain enemy gang members. You kill all cops in the area. 

What are you allowed to do with the enemy gang members? I know you can’t shoot them on the spot obivously, but can you take them in your own vehicle and RP with them? I saw that you can’t vigi them cause that’s vigi abuse, you can’t simply unrestrain them later and just 1 tap them (#warpoints) so what really could you do with them...? 

Thanks boys 

Leave them 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 9:08 AM, Steeler said:

Thanks boys 

unrestrain them tell them walk backwards and face you or die (because they are in cuffs and u have to let them go peacefully) and if they turn around or look anywhere else tap their dome piece.
at least i think you can do this

Edited by Evann
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, xanx said:

Is joining someones group so ya know what run they doin and then finessin their shit metagaming? I was told by support it's not, but can i get a mod/admin to confirm it?

Meta requires an exterior factor. Groups work like radios and if someone has an unlocked group within RP you could make it equivalent to joining an unsecured frequency. If no information comes from a discord or outside source your good.

34 minutes ago, sploding said:

Meta requires an exterior factor. Groups work like radios and if someone has an unlocked group within RP you could make it equivalent to joining an unsecured frequency. If no information comes from a discord or outside source your good.

Side chat isn’t a “outside source”

If you are in your house and you have friends fighting the APD inside with you, while you arent engaged yourself, and the apd begins raiding the house, is it initiation on your end, since it says your house is being raided by the APD? 

15 minutes ago, YayObamacare said:

If you are in your house and you have friends fighting the APD inside with you, while you arent engaged yourself, and the apd begins raiding the house, is it initiation on your end, since it says your house is being raided by the APD? 

Many OS members believe to be a hostile action, a rule update is coming soon to clarify it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In relation to shooting tires before engagement and then engaging on the vehicle occupents, how would this work out:

[DB] Jim and [DB] James are chilling in kavala. Someome pulls an ifrit and starts driving around. Jim starts chasing the ifrit and engages him, whilst James sets up a spike strip to quickly take care of the ifrit. Unkowning to James, a hatchback comes flying down the msr and takes his wheels out. Rook banging dave thinks he's about to get jumped and starts shooting James. Can James fire back considering he took Dave's wheels out unintentionally.

7 minutes ago, Unjo said:

In relation to shooting tires before engagement and then engaging on the vehicle occupents, how would this work out:

[DB] Jim and [DB] James are chilling in kavala. Someome pulls an ifrit and starts driving around. Jim starts chasing the ifrit and engages him, whilst James sets up a spike strip to quickly take care of the ifrit. Unkowning to James, a hatchback comes flying down the msr and takes his wheels out. Rook banging dave thinks he's about to get jumped and starts shooting James. Can James fire back considering he took Dave's wheels out unintentionally.

James was fired at so he can fire back freely.

• Like 1

So is the question is spike strips against your vehicle engament? 

if I am driving and i see a guy drop spike strips in front of my car to destroy the tires can I jump out and shoot him? Or do I need to wait for him to verbally engage me before anything

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, concon215 said:

If someone hops out of there car while still moving and it nocks them down. Can I kill them while there still down since im not the one who ran him over or is it still against the rules?

If they caused their own self to spangle by jumping out of a moving car then you can kill them even when they are still down. 

22 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

If they caused their own self to spangle by jumping out of a moving car then you can kill them even when they are still down. 

What if someone purposely gets hit E.G. Joey runs in front of my car while engaged.

9 minutes ago, sploding said:

What if someone purposely gets hit E.G. Joey runs in front of my car while engaged.

Often a case like this is too hard to interpret. Hell with arma desync it might not have looked like he was in front of you on his screen, so no. 

Best in this case to just try to drive around a bit to offset the advantage.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:01 PM, James Fisher said:

If I am at silver processing with someone and at the beginning of processing I tell the other guy if I see you take out a gun your dead, but they take out a gun after 5 minutes can I still kill them?

No you would need to re engage or you would be RDMing him. But if you said If I see you pull your gun out again your dead 2 mins go by from you saying that he pulls a gun you can kill him. 

39 minutes ago, James Fisher said:

Is it against the rules to crawl underneath buildings that are just above the ground?

If your talking about the spot in mushroom Pro I don’t believe it’s exploiting as it doesn’t give you advantage just has you hidden but it depends. I need to see the location you are talking about.

Exact set rules for your situation I would assume 

1. If someone reacts in a non-compliant fashion with your demand (Such as turning to aim at you, or immediately taking evasive action) then you may shoot them before 5 seconds.
  1. If a player abides by your demands, role-play it from there do not just shoot them