Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 7/3/18

9 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Good update! 

Corporals should be nerfed if anything. Remove the ability of corporals to fly over illegal areas cuz that just kills civ illegal activity on servers. 

and you think the house raid *wont*

10 hours ago, Darkon said:

-1 to PO raid warrants tbh. In my whole time as cop I've rarely had the need to actually get a corp+ to raid a house. While it obviously does happen on occasion, it's mostly in Kavala and I feel like that was one of the features that made corporal a special rank. Too much mismatching for POs and Corporals at this point imo. 

In addition, I feel like road kits will become obsolete with the addition to it for POs. While it can invigorate role play, I highly doubt it will be used widespread after time. Deputies and POs liked to team up with corporals in little squadrons to set up checkpoints and while this doesn't really prevent that from happening, you are again taking "corporal" out of the bigger picture.

I think its fine could already break through windows and do that rp might as well give them the in game feature the only use for all this is people no longer getting a "Free" Lethal by some PO with a sdar.

I believe it was rex's original opinion to make it available to PO's after some time to make sure there were no bugs (Which there was to be fair) and then roll it out to PO's. This all wasn't really defining points of the corporal rank and im not really sad to see them be moved down only thing I will say is there is a big difference between 35 hour PO's and 350 hour PO's and I would be concerned that the first of the two will fuck themselves over with some of these changes.

10 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Good update! 

Corporals should be nerfed if anything. Remove the ability of corporals to fly over illegal areas cuz that just kills civ illegal activity on servers. 

Related image

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Not gonna penalize if there is more but don't come crying to me when the big dick of Jesse rains fire upon the usage of road kits.)

:lol::lol::lol:

10 hours ago, Darkon said:

-1 to PO raid warrants tbh. In my whole time as cop I've rarely had the need to actually get a corp+ to raid a house. While it obviously does happen on occasion, it's mostly in Kavala and I feel like that was one of the features that made corporal a special rank. Too much mismatching for POs and Corporals at this point imo. 

In addition, I feel like road kits will become obsolete with the addition to it for POs. While it can invigorate role play, I highly doubt it will be used widespread after time. Deputies and POs liked to team up with corporals in little squadrons to set up checkpoints and while this doesn't really prevent that from happening, you are again taking "corporal" out of the bigger picture.

A po with 80 hours will be much more eager to raid a house with little to no probabe cause than a corp with 400+ hours. Rest in peace the kavala square houses.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see pos fuck this up lol 

Don't know why this needs to be added tbh whenever a situation required a raid warrant the cops in the area would ask in group chat for help and I almost always see corps+ fly over and help.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Can't wait to see pos fuck this up lol 

Don't know why this needs to be added tbh whenever a situation required a raid warrant the cops in the area would ask in group chat for help and I almost always see corps+ fly over and help.

It’s makes a lot more sense for a cop to break into a house than it does for the civilian to get a free lethal because the cops can’t break down the door. 

It’s also super easy to find wrong doing in house raiding since it almost always requires someone that is on the other side of it to be warned what is happening plus it displays a server wide message.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It’s makes a lot more sense for a cop to break into a house than it does for the civilian to get a free lethal because the cops can’t break down the door. 

It’s also super easy to find wrong doing in house raiding since it almost always requires someone that is on the other side of it to be warned what is happening plus it displays a server wide message.

Whenever I'm in a house shooting at cops and people and cops catch on they just vault/jump through the windows so why can't they just keep that instead

15 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Don't worry you corporals are getting that Tier 3 vest and something even better :P 

What are our deputies gonna get then? Also Chief's should get tank tasers.

15 hours ago, Grego said:

Ok buddy lets make corporals use stings only while were at it :)

Don’t pretend like it’s not true. As soon as a couple corporals hop on with their stacked air patrol units it completely kills civ illegal runs. Anyone who denies this is either: A. Corporal protecting their rank B. Career cop hoping for corporal C. Blind 

• Like 2
Just now, Dirty Scrubz said:

Don’t pretend like it’s not true. As soon as a couple corporals hop on with their stacked air patrol units it completely kills civ illegal runs. Anyone who denies this is either: A. Corporal protecting their rank B. Career cop hoping for corporal C. Blind 

Instead of complaining about how orcas and hummingbirds are overpowered, why don't you suggest a solution?

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Instead of complaining about how orcas and hummingbirds are overpowered, why don't you suggest a solution?

I already did buddy go read my original post. Remove corporal ability to patrol illegal areas with helicopters as it’s too OP for that rank and kills civ life. Only Sgt+ should have this ability.

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
  • Admin
1 minute ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I already did buddy go read my original post. Remove corporal ability to patrol illegal areas with helicopters as it’s too OP for that rank and kills civ life. Only Sgt+ should have this ability.

No. 

In my time on this server, I’ve seen too many civs have no issue with dealing with cop helis. Especially a hummingbird. That shit is way too easy to shoot out and then go hide so they can’t find you and then when they leave get back to business. If heliless apd is what you want, when Malden drops, that may be something you would more enjoy. Corporals are not losing their helis though. 

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

No. 

In my time on this server, I’ve seen too many civs have no issue with dealing with cop helis. Especially a hummingbird. That shit is way too easy to shoot out and then go hide so they can’t find you and then when they leave get back to business. If heliless apd is what you want, when Malden drops, that may be something you would more enjoy. Corporals are not losing their helis though. 

Let’s just remove corporals then 

8 minutes ago, Dante said:

No. 

I didn’t say they should lose their helis. What should be removed is their ability to stack 6 cops in multiple orcas and patrol over illegal areas. That right now is one of the biggest factors in killing large civilian illegal runs during peak hours. They basically blanket both sides of Altis and apart from brand new players who don’t know better, everyone else just resorts to small quilin runs or nothing at all. It’s why you rarely see a tempest out now when these air patrol units are up.

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
4 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

You want the APD to be limited to the ground while patrolling redzones yet civs can just fly off? :thinking-face_1f914:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hawk said:

You want the APD to be limited to the ground while patrolling redzones yet civs can just fly off? :thinking-face_1f914:

Corporals would still be able to pursue if called by a ground unit. Sgt+ should be the ones patrolling illegal areas in the air. I don’t expect this to be popular with career cops.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I didn’t say they should lose their helis. What should be removed is their ability to stack 6 cops in multiple orcas and patrol over illegal areas. That right now is one of the biggest factors in killing large civilian illegal runs during peak hours.

I got an idea DONT be alone when doing illegal activities, and also what Cawk said "civs can just fly off?". Honestly you're being a little retarded right now. Civs can easily just walk away from the situation by either flying away/driving away or even fucking walking away once you see the cops. 

@Dirty Scrubz Lets be done with this drama please. This a handbook update not a fucking bar fight.

1 minute ago, Grego said:

I got an idea DONT be alone when doing illegal activities, and also what Cawk said "civs can just fly off?". Honestly you're being a little retarded right now. Civs can easily just walk away from the situation by either flying away/driving away or even fucking walking away once you see the cops. 

Walk away from an orca stacked with cops right on top of you while you have a tempest and you say I’m being retarded? Obviously this has you defensive and I get it but look at it with an unbiased point of view and you will see I’m right. Corporal air units over illegal zones is killing big illegal civ runs, especially during peak hours. Anyway Dante said no so it’s pointless for me to argue this any further. I will say this sort of bs is what did eventually kill off Asylum and I have years of experience there with that, much more than you do here.

• Like 3