Remove Vigi Role

Vigi Role  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Vigi role changed/removed?

• Yes, remove the Vigi role
    • No, keep the role, it's fine in it's current state
    • No, reform the vigi role (ex. Increase minimum bounty to send to jail, make a "vigi-test" like APD/R&R)

All I can find on the forums for the past week have been people who rightfully don't like, or have issues with the current Vigi role. There has been numerous feedback on potential changes, but I am seeing an overwhelming number of players who think the role should be removed. I personally don't mind being robbed by a vigi with a taser that is playing outside of the role, the rules are not the issue. I see too many vigis that don't understand the rules of the server, and they should at least be held to a higher standard than regular civs. I am interested in the community's thoughts on this issue and any potential fixes you can think of. If I get tased, I expect to be robbed, not sent to jail by a person with a purchasable license. We should be sent to jail by cops, and not have to leave areas due to excessive vigi populations.

Just now, hawk said:

Vigis won't get removed from Olympus, there is a post about this every week and it gets nowhere.

Yes that's why I wanted to make a poll, individual posts may come across as just a disgruntled player. This is a more collective way of seeing how the community feels as a whole.

1 minute ago, Big Steve said:

Every time I open the forums I see a vigi post, I'm just probing.

correct, thats cause someone is triggered and bored in jail waiting for their timer to be up so they make a forum post about how vigi's suck.... when in fact you got outplayed...

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

A fuck ton of people want this to happen But Olympus will never remove Vigis. like  @hawk said theres a post every week and it goes no where. Stop 

1 minute ago, MAV said:

correct, thats cause someone is triggered and bored in jail waiting for their timer to be up so they make a forum post about how vigi's suck.... when in fact you got outplayed...

That's the assumption, I have talked with people who don't like the role and aren't just mad they got outplayed by a 12 y/0. Some people have genuine concerns or ideas and these get drowned by assumptions of being pissy, like I said. 

26 minutes ago, Big Steve said:

Yes that's why I wanted to make a poll, individual posts may come across as just a disgruntled player. This is a more collective way of seeing how the community feels as a whole.

Staff dont care about polls. 

i dont think they need to be removed but i noticed some vigi gangs getting smart and camping wz rebel and waiting for big bounties to come in alone so if anything vigis shouldnt be allowed to come into war zone at all ruins the fights

• Downvote 2

You can use the same tactics to avoid vigis, as you can with cops. Don't walk around Kavala with a 500k bounty. Don't walk around unarmed and without armor. Don't be solo. It is pretty easy to avoid being vigied in most cases. It is pretty much the only way to rob people on the server and it should stay. I need my cop tazers. 

2 hours ago, MAV said:

there is also a poll every week about this topic.... vigi's are easy to avoid.... leave kavala/pyro/athera and youre gucci

That's until they migrate to warzone