How To Bring Back Ganglife

I think it is an overall +1 for the nerfs on APD, and I'm glad to the see the admins claiming to cover it in next update, but I'm still a little skeptical that it's going to be as good as it really needs to be.

44 minutes ago, indian said:

I can go further into debt after I’m done eating but cops aren’t OP on that server

This is a link to a google form that I get the results from. Send me your ideas. All of them.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCZ48-kGSXtxap7UgA8MBpeR9pt-ig_RZzVXp5n77ge3sJDw/viewform

Submit suggestions about what we can change, and why. I will look at ALL of these, I can't guarantee they will happen, but feedback is important.

• Admin
1 hour ago, indian said:

APD being broken as shit on this server is also another reason.

Imagine calling something broke that you rarely try to present VALID arguments about. I think I recall ONE time that you actually made a post about warzone that was for a productive conversation. If you wanna call some thing broke (that you ironically want to be a part of) then you need to present valid arguments to me or as a whole that gets directed to me so that it can be up for discussion. My inbox is literally open for any valid complaints if you want it to be personal. As long as it’s presented in a respectful logical manner, I will have the conversation. If you come on the forums calling shit broke with no real suggestions besides a random rant, then you’re not doing yourself any justice. 

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

You can't even blame me for that. Your gangmates challenged me and said "Please come camp our houes, gives us more free gear!" and then posted pictures bragging about capturing cops. They invited me to do it, and you only got caught because we were raiding other people's houses and you happened to be there.

Fair enough. Just sucks for me cause I was one of the ones that never enjoyed robbing cops and I never shittalked unless a cop was directly cancerous as shit to me @ChrisGG. Even in fair and fun fights (with lethals), this man would always be salty and butthurt about everything. Tbf, his hate for all of us was probably from what gf said in discord with the naughty N word or whatever and I can somewhat understand being brown myself but if this was the case, hating on an entire group of people for what one person in that group did is pretty wack. Especially knowing that our leader and gf himself apologized for the comment an hour after.

• SWAT Commander
11 minutes ago, MAV said:

Bro, pulldowns make your gun shoot like a laser... Also controlling recoil requires skill... At the end of the day, the game intends for the player to control recoil, those who use pulldowns found a "hack" to do it for them .. we can go back and forth on whether it's hacking for hours, but you (as a member permed for scripting and or selling scripts) are going to look biasly on the topic..

Not bias, I just have actual experience with this. And coming from someone like me who actually knows how AHK works and how to make them, I would take my advice over someone who has never come across them. They definitely don't make you shoot like a laser, it is comparable to manually controlling recoil, it just takes time and fingers to be able to control recoil very well. AHK is not as efficient as you might think it is. Ever since I deleted all of my shit after I got permed, I started to learn it was actually the most easy thing in the world to control recoil. And ever since then it's been as easy as running in the game to me.

You might just not know how to actually control recoil as well as the other people, anyone who claims that someone is using pulldowns because of a video, obviously has never tried to control recoil themselves, or know how to. Because you can basically get the same thing as pulldowns by pulling your mouse down, and using F I N G E R S.

And usually in cartels, you will be fighting skilled players, well, more skilled than the scats in kavala which will know how to control recoil as well. 

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

Can't report a cop for half-assing roleplay.

When I got Chief I made it very clear lack of effort from cops in RP needs to be reported because my tolerance for it would be much lower. So, you should give it a shot if they’re actually lacking legit effort. 

Edit: Im not reading 4 pages of ranting so anyone @ me with legit APD complaints and I’ll address. 

• SWAT Commander
12 minutes ago, Cousin Cletus said:

I normally respect you but pull downs do not make your gun shoot anywhere near like a fucking lazer. It's easier to control recoil yourself as pull downs are made for certain ranges. So if you use that shit to far or two close your going to miss like as motherfucker. Pull downs are garbage the only reason people use them I imagine is because it gives them a false sense of an advantage so they fight better due placebo. 

+1 fucking amen, someone finally knows what they're talking about.

2 minutes ago, Pledge said:

This is a link to a google form that I get the results from. Send me your ideas. All of them.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCZ48-kGSXtxap7UgA8MBpeR9pt-ig_RZzVXp5n77ge3sJDw/viewform

Submit suggestions about what we can change, and why. I will look at ALL of these, I can't guarantee they will happen, but feedback is important.

thanks, I’ll look at it and think about some suggestions later when I’m back on, it really is appreciated knowing that you’re one of couple sAPD that seems to care about how fair and balanced factions are in this community.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Imagine calling something broke that you rarely try to present VALID arguments about. I think I recall ONE time that you actually made a post about warzone that was for a productive conversation. If you wanna call some thing broke (that you ironically want to be a part of) then you need to present valid arguments to me or as a whole that gets directed to me so that it can be up for discussion. My inbox is literally open for any valid complaints if you want it to be personal. As long as it’s presented in a respectful logical manner, I will have the conversation. If you come on the forums calling shit broke with no real suggestions besides a random rant, then you’re not doing yourself any justice. 

Remember when I made a very constructive post about APD at warzone and it was memed by the APD but civs showed overwhelming support and it was just left in the dust? So do I. Remember when civs cried for MONTHS about Dominick and ron raiding warzone so we had to take matters into our own hands. Then it was finally changed. Remember when cops complained about tasing and restraining at BW. Changed within 24 hours. When prime made the ifrit dome strat that cops where too brain dead to handle. Changed within a week. Despite civ rep and civ council we don't have a voice.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dante said:

Can and will do unless someone else I know has some strong arguments for change in how things work.

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

When I got Chief I made it very clear lack of effort from cops in RP needs to be reported because my tolerance for it would be much lower. So, you should give it a shot if they’re actually lacking legit effort. 

I will, but you have to understand the process a civilian has to go through for something as simple as roleplay. I have to record, upload, explain why I think he's falsely roleplaying, and then what?

You cannot ban the cop, you cannot demote him, write him up, you can literally do nothing other than tell him not to roleplay ineffectively. Therefore, a roleplay situation was ruined due to cops, and nothing was done about it. That certain cop won't receive punishment until it happens again, and we have to just assume the next person hasn't thrown their headphones or is willing to record 5 minutes for the same minute reason, unaware that the cop already has reports, leaving that one person to shrug it off.

I want cops to roleplay better, which means that there isn't a report for that. I can't report a cop for saying something simple during an arrest. You cannot either, I would just like something to be done, such as forcing cops to role as duos.

1 minute ago, Silton said:

Despite civ rep and civ council we don't have a voice.

+1 +1 +1

Edited by Wesly ツ
4 minutes ago, Dante said:

@Mr Majestic @Zahzi

u heard it here first boys.. its time to purge the APD  Image result for smorc

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Silton said:

Remember when I made a very constructive post about APD at warzone and it was memed by the APD but civs showed overwhelming support and it was just left in the dust? So do I. Remember when civs cried for MONTHS about Dominick and ron raiding warzone so we had to take matters into our own hands. Then it was finally changed. Remember when cops complained about tasing and restraining at BW. Changed within 24 hours. When prime made the ifrit dome strat that cops where too brain dead to handle. Changed within a week. Despite civ rep and civ council we don't have a voice.

Thank you, finally, the only reason I applied for civ council was in hopes that people would actually take shit I post seriously instead of shutting me up b/c of stupid shit I’ve said or done in the past or memeing my posts into he ground. 

And after my constructive post, nothing happened and I doubt anything was brought up from what I said in a staff meeting by @Dante or any other staff member that read the post. Clearly if something was brought up, it probably got shut down so fast by other sAPD (staffAPD) even with the massive support I was getting. tbf, the cops raiding warzone every hour did end after the first week of it being released but I still believe that their is space for abusing that rule with the reset timer for warzone raiding only being every 30 mins. 

Also so wouldn’t be surprised if the cops not going into WZ only stopped so much because of what @headrip and I don’t were posting.

Edited by indian
  • Admin
Just now, Silton said:

Dominick situation was literally 2 administrations ago. Majority of us in sAPD hated how much he abused that shit but was beyond is to fix. I’m not sure how y’all took it into your own hands when the rule change was an admin pushed change at the time. 

As for the post, I can’t recall the post but the reason it gets memed is because a lot of you generally think we raid it freely. 90% of the time we are in there is because someone invited us in. Blame your rat civs because majority of us stay out unless we are welcomed. As I said to Indian, with VALID arguments please @ me or DM me about it. I will respect and fancy any valid argument brought to me about APD. 

2 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

I will, but you have to understand the process a civilian has to go through for something as simple as roleplay. I have to record, upload, explain why I think he's falsely roleplaying, and then what?

You cannot ban the cop, you cannot demote him, write him up, you can literally do nothing other than tell him not to roleplay ineffectively. Therefore, a roleplay situation was ruined due to cops, and nothing was done about it. That certain cop won't receive punishment until it happens again, and we have to just assume the next person hasn't thrown their headphones or is willing to record 5 minutes for the same minute reason, unaware that the cop already has reports, leaving that one person to shrug it off.

I want cops to roleplay better, which means that there isn't a report for that. I can't report a cop for saying something simple during an arrest. You cannot either, I would just like something to be done, such as forcing cops to role as duos.

+1 +1 +1

Let me correct you. I CAN in fact demote someone for anything I deem not correct as a cop on this server. Miss me with that “you can’t” shit. If we warn someone and they continue keeping that same level of effort they would be demoted. You can’t not report and pretend to know exactly what happens. I was also a civ long before I was a cop and fought regularly on civ when I was first a SGT. I know the hassle of recording and reporting for shit cops. I’ve been there and been told to stop whining. I don’t wanna do the same thing as Chief. So. Report shit. It matters. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Dominick situation was literally 2 administrations ago. Majority of us in sAPD hated how much he abused that shit but was beyond is to fix. I’m not sure how y’all took it into your own hands when the rule change was an admin pushed change at the time. 

As for the post, I can’t recall the post but the reason it gets memed is because a lot of you generally think we raid it freely. 90% of the time we are in there is because someone invited us in. Blame your rat civs because majority of us stay out unless we are welcomed. As I said to Indian, with VALID arguments please @ me or DM me about it. I will respect and fancy any valid argument brought to me about APD. 

how about u remove probable cause to enter warzone if the text came/pointed towards warzone

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

Let me correct you.

You misunderstood, read what I said again. Sure "you can" but you won't. 

You will not demote a cop for ineffectively roleplaying one time, and if you do, you won't be Chief of APD.

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Dominick situation was literally 2 administrations ago. Majority of us in sAPD hated how much he abused that shit but was beyond is to fix. I’m not sure how y’all took it into your own hands when the rule change was an admin pushed change at the time

We haven't and still don't have a voice is my point. Also matters into our own hands let me give you a hint. Wifi.rip and @rp slayer

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

That wasn't what my post was about it was about how much money civs lose vs to APD. My idea was of cops die on warzone they spawn without gear still allowing cops to raid but think more about it and making a risk. Nice try but uneducated

• Haha 1
  • Admin
Just now, N7Zero said:

how about u remove probable cause to enter warzone if the text came/pointed towards warzone

Because I don’t believe there should be anywhere on the map where you are simply safe from cops. Makes 0 sense to me. If I took PC out then you bet we would then check it regularly because that’s the only time we can go in. Seeing visible proof that someone is somewhere illegal and not going doesn’t make sense to me. The original argument was people going in with hawks first wave. I told all seniors don’t go into warzone with a hawk wave one and only bring it when it becomes an issue. From what I see that has been followed for the most part. There’s always a new complaint but I need valid reasons where shit is a problem besides little things meaning everything. 

2 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

You misunderstood, read what I said again. Sure "you can" but you won't. 

You will not demote a cop for ineffectively roleplaying one time, and if you do, you won't be Chief of APD.

Being that I have blacklisted kids for refusing to effectively role play while on civ who weren’t even active APD, you are really underestimating what I’m willing to do to improve the quality. 

1 minute ago, Silton said:

We haven't and still don't have a voice is my point. Also matters into our own hands let me give you a hint. Wifi.rip and @rp slayer

That wasn't what my post was about it was about how much money civs lose vs to APD. My idea was of cops die on warzone they spawn without gear still allowing cops to raid but think more about it and making a risk. Nice try but uneducated

Neither of them stopped Dom. It stopped him during then he would go back the next day. The actual change was the rule being changed. But ok. As for the post, im uneducated when I literally said I didn’t recall the post. This is what I mean. I’m willing to have an active conversation about change with anyone, but if you’re trying to be a smart ass child about it, then whine to ya momma cuz I don’t wanna hear it. 

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Being that I have blacklisted kids for refusing to effectively role play while on civ who weren’t even active APD, you are really underestimating what I’m willing to do to improve the quality.

Still misunderstanding...

Would you, Chief of Police, blacklist or demote a cop who, falsely roleplayed by let's say....tazing someone as soon as they hopped out of their car in a redzone before being told to leave (example that happened to me)?

Would you demote or blacklist this PO for this one occurrence?

I see a lot of people arguing that Olympus still has a lot more players than asylum therefore we don’t need to change anything. However I rarely see the servers full. When Olympus was at its peek you’d have to spam for 15 minutes to get on the server at almost any given time. Unbanning some of the kids who are banned for arguably retarded reasons could help.

• Admin
Just now, Wesly ツ said:

Still misunderstanding...

Would you, Chief of Police, blacklist or demote a cop who, falsely roleplayed by let's say....tazing someone as soon as they hopped out of their car in a redzone before being told to leave (example that happened to me)?

Would you demote or blacklist this PO for this one occurrence?

You are saying that I’m misunderstanding when I’m literally replying to the words you’re saying. You’re changing your point each time. If they had no gun then that would be grounds for removal or demotion. If you had a gun and there was code 3 then that’s how red zones work. That’s not lack of RP. Should I perm ban you if you jump out of a car in a red zone when a cop code 3s and not put your hands up to role play? Absolutely not. But I’d like more depth on that situation so I can properly respond. PM it if you’d like idc. 

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Because I don’t believe there should be anywhere on the map where you are simply safe from cops. Makes 0 sense to me. If I took PC out then you bet we would then check it regularly because that’s the only time we can go in. Seeing visible proof that someone is somewhere illegal and not going doesn’t make sense to me. The original argument was people going in with hawks first wave. I told all seniors don’t go into warzone with a hawk wave one and only bring it when it becomes an issue. From what I see that has been followed for the most part. There’s always a new complaint but I need valid reasons where shit is a problem besides little things meaning everything. 

im not saying "cops CANNOT enter warzone" just suggesting remove "texting" as probable cause considering u guys say "yeh we get text like this all the time". honestly if i would like to ruin cartel life i would just text the cops whenever i see fights at warzone.

• Like 1