Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

How To Bring Back Ganglife

4 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

Suggest a cap size for groups/gangs?

Pretty sure that’s not how we revive gang life. That would just mean less people involved in fights. Fights are way more fun when there are more people involved because it’s more apes to gun down. Increasing the amount of players that get on olympus servers every day to fight cartels is what will revive gang life. To do that we could add new features to attract more players or unban kids.

3 minutes ago, 6lack said:

I agree something should be done about a fed event starting with 4 POs and 1 Deputy on and then 7 corporals and 2 lieutenants who were afk  join because they have a notification set for the fed channel

Many people do use notifiers, but you can’t force someone to stay on a server hoping for a fed. I’d say like no more than 15 apd for a fed event honestly no matter what ranks, but this also would bring in the issue of cpl+ asking deputy’s to log off since deputy’s are lowkey useless in feds tbh 

Just now, swervy said:

Pretty sure that’s not how we revive gang life. That would just mean less people involved in fights. Fights are way more fun when there are more people involved because it’s more apes to gun down. Increasing the amount of players that get on olympus servers every day to fight cartels is what will revive gang life. To do that we could add new features to attract more players or unban kids.

It wouldn't mean less people involved in total but it would just mean that they would be spread out amongst teams. I suggested a poll because of this. Dunno how this would work out but it would be more gangs to fight in total and would make it more interesting. A way to counter the loophole would be to make it cost to make a group and charge people to join a gang. I'm iffy on the idea still dont know where I personally stand. Like I said it would take a community effort to make this happen right if it did.

1 minute ago, swervy said:

I agree but the only reason that the gang cap idea is brought up is because unless we unban everyone ( we should) there isn’t enough people to fill up gangs to fight.

38 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

. [Potentially] If restrained by a civ in warzone, the vigilante only gets 50% of the normal bounty payout. This serves 2 purposes = less chance of vigis at warzone and increases number of pussies at warzone to avoid vigis (which increases potential fights)

People don't raid war zone for bounties imo they raid it because they know it will fuck people off. The money is just a bonus

4 minutes ago, 6lack said:

I agree but the only reason that the gang cap idea is brought up is because unless we unban everyone ( we should) there isn’t enough people to fill up gangs to fight.

I think we should implement the idea regardless of the unban or not. This would change the whole idea of a gang making it actually a big deal to get into a good gang considering other ppl would get kicked

Just now, Snare said:

TI doesn't play because they are bored of arma so there's that.

TI lowkey is irrelevant now. Half of new cartel fighters have no idea who TI even is. ALSO people play under “TI” so you guys getting bad rep anyways as we speak. 

@everyone It actually makes me happy to see that people have been listening to me and that my hours on hours of somewhat constructive rants are actually doing something. Thank you guys for all the reactions and what not, I’m out of upvotes so I won’t be able to hit anyone up with them until tomorrow. All I hope is that olympus can stay on top and that everyone, no matter what faction can have fun without having to get fucked over by things that are effects of unfair rules and guidelines in other factions.

Edited by indian
  • Downvote 1
Just now, tacosmell said:

TI lowkey is irrelevant now. Half of new cartel fighters have no idea who TI even is. ALSO people play under “TI” so you guys getting bad rep anyways as we speak. 

yeah kinda happens after a gang stops playing consistently for a couple years :p

Just now, Robinz said:

set a limit to cop slots to like 15-20 so there isnt like 30 cops at feds? and dont allow higher up's to tell someone to give them their slot?

could fix the issue of all the high ranking apd's joining for feds

This right here

3 minutes ago, Robinz said:

set a limit to cop slots to like 15-20 so there isnt like 30 cops at feds? and dont allow higher up's to tell someone to give them their slot?

could fix the issue of all the high ranking apd's joining for feds

This is true, but any deputy will leave a fed for a senior to log on (being told to or not). At the end of the day, what deputy is going to take a seniors slot during lethal waves? 

10 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

I think we should implement the idea regardless of the unban or not. This would change the whole idea of a gang making it actually a big deal to get into a good gang considering other ppl would get kicked

I believe making gangs even more selective of who they let in wouldn’t help revive gang life either. In my experience, cartels have been the most active and fun when gangs mass recruit and there are a lot of new players that wouldn’t typically get accepted to a cartel fighting gang. This is how new players are introduced to cartel gangs and how we get more fights on cap. 

• Like 1
Just now, swervy said:

I believe making gangs even more selective of who they let in wouldn’t help revive gang life either. In my experience, cartels have been the most active and fun when gangs mass recruit and there are a lot of new players that wouldn’t typically get accepted to a cartel fighting gang. This is how new players are introduced to cartel gangs and how we get more fights on cap. 

Mass recruiting is a terrible way of reviving gang life. It makes 2 big gangs usually who die after a month. It’s not ab short sperts of fights, it’s ab making gangs reputable and meaning something more than a big group. I’d rather be in a gang (plague) with not many ppl and be close with everyone. Makes it 10x better.

I’m talking ab OG plague where it was hard to get accepted for trial. I was accepted bc of a fluke of a play where I shot someone out of the front of a frit lmao 

• Like 1
  • SWAT Commander
1 hour ago, Peter Long said:

Ok so i take it you want this :

1. No more sdars at federal events

2. Work with civ council (which has been active for all of 24 hours) to go over map design buffs for civs at federal events.

3. No more rading Warzone without probable cause by APD.

4. [Potentially] If restrained by a civ in warzone, the vigilante only gets 50% of the normal bounty payout. This serves 2 purposes = less chance of vigis at warzone and increases number of pussies at warzone to avoid vigis (which increases potential fights)

5. Give very few, specific retards 2nd chances

6. Eat cake.

Ill bring all this up on Sunday at our staff meeting. Ok pumpkins?

I like number 5. If it happens and I am included in that list of specific retards I will kiss you 

• Hmm 1
3 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

This post made me laugh, especially because @Peter Long liked it.

Everything you just said is not true

Its easy for you and your gang to get fights because you guys are bad. You guys are not considered "Cartel fighters" and when ever you are seen on cap everyone and their mom wants to push you for the free montage clips.

"If you want to fight its simple, get your gang on, get on cap, spam ETA. People WILL come."  This may work for you and your gang but 98% of the time for any other gang this doesn't work. Olympus has been dead for a minute, and they continue to ban people for dog shit reasons.

You contradicted yourself hard with:"Asylum has convinced some people from our player base that there will be fights on their server". Asylum hasn't convinced anyone. All they did was change staff and unban all the permed players. Something that has been long overdue on Olympus. 

You are literally the one trying to convince people that Olympus isn't dead. The only reason why olympus was poppin for that short period of time is because Asylum was so fucking dead majority of their cartel fighters came over to here. Welp now they are gone and its dead as fuck again. 

Olympus is very bad at executing what the community wants... staff is made up of a bunch of players that are way out of touch with cartel fighting in general and what its like to be a civ on olympus. 

I'll say it again. Olympus is not ALL cartel fighting. I see where you are coming from and everything you said (for the most part) is true. Besides some of the staff stuff. Anyways, if olympus were to do the same unbanathon Asylum better hang it up bc they are done. If you are an asylum fanboy you better be PRAYING this doesn't happen. 

3 hours ago, Toasty said:

The thing about Olympus is... there has always been fights. Its the community that convinces themselves that the server is dead. If you want to fight its simple, get your gang on, get on cap, spam ETA. People WILL come. If not, go kill all the retards doing runs instead of fighting, or switch servers. Asylum has convinced some people from our player base that there will be fights on their server, however there is absolutely nothing stopping you from getting on cap and fighting in Olympus right now. Hell Im fighting as I type this. If Asylums player base is going to be built on the rats who will switch server communities for the "promise" of a fight, it surely wont last. Unbanning people who were banned under reasonable conditions will not solve the problem. 

You posting this pisses me off because I know you were around when Olympus was popping. The servers are never full and most of the people that do play are scats.

• Like 1
Just now, 6lack said:

You posting this pisses me off because I know you were around when Olympus was popping. The servers are never full and most of the people that do play are scats.

This time last year you had to spam constantly and there were fights on every server.

• Like 1