Somethings not adding up.

(Also 96 of them are the RnR)

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 2
11 minutes ago, Pledge said:

Wait a second.......

APD numbers are down almost 33%

Wait a second.......

Is this a rough estimate or an exact calculation?

7 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

this is just from the last 14 days... cause apd is broken

Removed:

Sting 9mm from the APD shop

15 minutes.

1. Exception: Bolt Cutters may be used to open the opposite Federal Reserve Dome Gate after the bomb has been planted (Opening the doors before hand in any way unless to help someone out is prohibited).

1. Only Active SAPD members on the Chain of Command may raid Warzone without Probable Cause.

45 minutes.                       

1. SDARs may only be authorized at an active Federal Reserve and Blackwater with less than 5 minutes left on the bomb timer and a text must be sent to the gang/group participating in the event that SDARs are being authorized. 

Read the handbook before you say something.

Edited by Imawowboy

Apps are a terrible way to gauge the number of cops and medics since the process weeds out a lot of people before they get to the test, and even then a chunk fail, my go to example is my original deputy class in late 2016/early 2017 had like 20 people and that week the APD probably inducted a solid 60 deputies. There's only me and one other person left and the other dude is a senior, that would mean after 2 years there's over a 90% attrition rate.

APD/Med is more plug and play style than civ where everything takes time and money and you can't just pop in and pop out easily. There's not much that can be done about that but once you factor in Olympus having 333 player slots at peak times and a playerbase of 10,000 people whitelisted factions are the minority most of the time.

There is for sure a greater medic stack than I have seen since starting last year.  That said, most of them appear to be EMTs  and can’t cover the map as fast as an advance+.  

Maybe there should be some sort of incentive to join a gang and fight a cartel. (rather than playing civ for the 3-to-1s).

The person who drops the idea that contains that incentive for civs will be a very respected person.

24 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

Maybe there should be some sort of incentive to join a gang and fight a cartel.

the incentive is that fact of you make money when people sell drugs for the corresponding cartel that you capped lmfao

30 minutes ago, Johnson/Montez said:

the incentive is that fact of you make money when people sell drugs for the corresponding cartel that you capped lmfao

yeah but everyone just scats and does runs 24/7 and 3/4 of the civs on the server doesn't even know what OG is lmao

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Johnson/Montez said:

Yeah, no, the cartel is awful unless you use it for the 15% processing...which people will never push in ifrits for.

also, the tax doesn’t really even take that much away, it’s pretty much a formality.

they should make it so you get a small number of warpoints every time interval for owning a cartel, only if you’re online, that way, people will fight cartels and have something more to gain than gang funds. People would definitely fight if it meant you get free warpoints just for owning the cartel.

16 minutes ago, Joce said:

image.png.31097b05f13e9d6f14ace9f81741aad8.png

APD and R&R numbers are very low. seems like alot of civs to me.

Out of those civs about (I’m estimating here) maybe 40 fight cartels on a day to day basis. Or try to.

23 minutes ago, Joce said:

image.png.31097b05f13e9d6f14ace9f81741aad8.png

APD and R&R numbers are very low. seems like alot of civs to me.

The amount of R&R members is actually high it's almost like during the summer we usually go under 200 when people go back to school this time last year we had 197 members but i guess the migration from Asylum has kept the numbers up.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Imawowboy said:

So what you're trying to say is that less civs fight cartels, not that there are a lot of cops and medics.

Didn’t know those statistics I was making this post out of no where for banter but if those stats are true it’s sad.

4 hours ago, Wesly ツ said:

People would definitely fight if it meant you get free warpoints just for owning the cartel.

yea but if you capped the cartel late at night it would basically be free warpoints, and depending on how many warpoints you earned from the cartel that could be OP as shit.

1 minute ago, Johnson/Montez said:

yea but if you capped the cartel late at night it would basically be free warpoints, and depending on how many warpoints you earned from the cartel that could be OP as shit.

You only get points for being online when you control it, and on the server, let’s say like 2-3 every hour, that way there’s a reason to own them

maybe make it so you only get points if you have 2 or more cartels, then there will definitely be fights.

13 hours ago, RDyer216 said:

There is for sure a greater medic stack than I have seen since starting last year.  That said, most of them appear to be EMTs  and can’t cover the map as fast as an advance+.  

This is very true. And at least half of the applicants that make EMT won’t stick around for more than 2 weeks. And with the “active” faction stats, I’m sure at least half if not more are just making minimums. And then with the APD numbers, you have to think that a high amount of those are deputies and if anyone is concerned with a 45/p07 wielding deputy, you’re doing something wrong. 

20 hours ago, Evann said:

yeah but everyone just scats and does runs 24/7 and 3/4 of the civs on the server doesn't even know what OG is lmao

It sucks to see the decline of cartels but I think it's one of those scenarios where the players decide what happens, most updates we have something put in to bolster rebels and add incentives to fight cartels while other aspects like runs, scats and whitelisted factions are cast aside  development wise, the core demographics of Olympus have changed over the years and people just don't want to fight caps anymore.

As unpopular as it is I think we should do one last big push to revive cartels based off player input then let them be for a while until they recover or die, if cartels are on the decline there's not much we can do and keeping them on life support indefinitely just takes resources away from other parts of the community who could use help or a revamp, if the cartel system isn't able to adapt and survive in the modern Olympus maybe it's worth keeping around but not using resources on.