REMOVE THE VIGILANTE RETARDS  

111 members have voted

1. 1. VIGI BE GONE

• YES
    • NO

Just now, Proud said:

ok make vigis only be able to be in kavala and not able to leave kavala, sounds balanced

Again you miss the mark since your idea literally renders the role worthless, so by proxy your lobbying your initial idea.

1 minute ago, Titimus said:

I rather play rebel all day and spam armed planes, but it's not fun doing runs to make the money for them.

I could get on board with vigilante's tasers lethaling at warzone. That island should be locked to gang fights. To fully remove it? No, I have my fun with it and the next update is going to be a massive nerf. Anything illegally done by a vigilante will be able to yoink a tier off you. 

didnt even get a 3 day , got a 5 day, love how your case gets looked at in 2 hours and my case gets looked at in 2 days

Just now, poof said:

that is the fuckin goal retard, no-1 who does cartels likes them

Your goal has been denied time and time again, so why not try for something else... You just said "no one who does cartels likes them"... Ok good, something we can work with ... We should stick the focus to cartels.. wouldn't you think?

14 minutes ago, poof said:

okay, they cant taze fresh spawns/ they cant show up to processors, and they cant show up at drug dealers, and they cant go to vehicle spawns, they cant go to cartels, they cant go to warzones....... make it so they can go to these places and just make it so they cannot taze but they can show up...................... remove vigi. 

I'm cool with no vigils on Cartel or Rebels but this is too much.

The APD is allowed to do all of those things and forcing vigilantes to abide by those ROEs would be plain stupid. They already have sub standard gear, sub standard guns and stricter engagement rules. Make vigis equivalent to a PO in terms of jurisdiction and leave it at that.

We're working on getting numbers on how much they're making compared to other income sources, should help us build a case for getting them balanced.

Along with other things that are getting suggested, I'm hoping the vigilante plague gets cured soon.

What about making the jail time shorter after being arrested by a vigi? That seems reasonable, it'll make being arrested by one not as bad. Or as a whole just make more contraband drop when you pick it no matter who you were arrested by.. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, sploding said:

I'm cool with no vigils on Cartel or Rebels but this is too much.

The APD is allowed to do all of those things and forcing vigilantes to abide by those ROEs would be plain stupid. They already have sub standard gear, sub standard guns and stricter engagement rules. Make vigis equivalent to a PO in terms of jurisdiction and leave it at that.

that is my intent, i dont fuckin want them, but if they wanna stay make them useless i am obviosuly not being serious i just dont want them and love pissing others off

6 minutes ago, Edweirdo said:

What about making the jail time shorter after being arrested by a vigi? That seems reasonable, it'll make being arrested by one not as bad. Or as a whole just make more contraband drop when you pick it no matter who you were arrested by.. 

@MAV an actual good suggestion 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, MAV said:

Your goal has been denied time and time again, so why not try for something else... You just said "no one who does cartels likes them"... Ok good, something we can work with ... We should stick the focus to cartels.. wouldn't you think?

no the whole cartel thing is not an issue, i literally havent fought a vigi at cartel unless db was there which was 1 time, i really just think they should be removed and cop should be easier to become or i want vigis to basically be rendered useless and i have no idea of doing that without making u say to give an idea 

1 minute ago, Ziggyuwu said:

@MAV an actual good suggestion 

9 minutes ago, Edweirdo said:

and remove that fuckin jail fee, make the time if by a vigi max 20min, so that basically u would get out in 2 min

10 minutes ago, Edweirdo said:

I like that idea +1

44 minutes ago, MAV said:

acutally make it so vigi's are not allowed to pass you to there friend to rob you, and they would have to do it themselves and they cannot pay it off at courthouse

22 minutes ago, Ziggyuwu said:

T3 Vests and Pilot helmets with guns that 2 shot you? sub standard my ass

You're looking at the higher levels of vigi instead of t1 and t2. Also the 2 shot problem is mostly bullshit and a separate issue the devs should handle. 

I've tested this with rebels in Kav and at point blank range at center mass a po7 will take between 3 and 5 rounds to tase depending on a few factors, you also need to realize that ArmA is primarily a milsim game and the ballistics reflect that. A t3 vest is using level 3 ballistic plates and at point blank range after the first 2 or 3 rounds you'll start getting penetration. this is also since you tase at 10 health because anything below that kills you so you survive a shot or 2 less.

Don't punish vigis because the devs can't make a better script.

1 minute ago, sploding said:

You're looking at the higher levels of vigi instead of t1 and t2. Also the 2 shot problem is mostly bullshit and a separate issue the devs should handle. 

I've tested this with rebels in Kav and at point blank range at center mass a po7 will take between 3 and 5 rounds to tase depending on a few factors, you also need to realize that ArmA is primarily a milsim game and the ballistics reflect that. A t3 vest is using level 3 ballistic plates and at point blank range after the first 2 or 3 rounds you'll start getting penetration. this is also since you tase at 10 health because anything below that kills you so you survive a shot or 2 less.

Don't punish vigis because the devs can't make a better script.

the script has been fucked as long as i've played, they haven't done shit to it

vigis need to be nerfed. Period. the fact that they can camp a rebel and make stupid money just by sitting in a rebel and waiting for a naked to roll up is incredibly overpowered. @Zurph just got caught with a 4 mil bounty at a rebel. Obviously thats a rare situation but the fact that you can do next to nothing and still make stupid money is the dumbest thing on this server.

also stings and spars will take 2-3 shots, and dont even get me started on the atrocity that is the MX taser

3 minutes ago, Google said:

Someone sit here and tell me the difference between a vigilante and a cop.

They both just send you to jail.

Only difference is a Vigilante has less rules they need to follow.

civ

cop

done

1 hour ago, MAV said:

although the original topic of this post was dumb.. i see some decent ideas coming from this post @DeadPool make sure your getting some of these.

it wasn’t dumb. people wanted a poll so i did. also would it b possible to pay less when you go to jail by a vigi?

So I have been reading through this post, and I agree that they need a Nerf. Like Mav has said, we need to look at other alternatives other than removall. I don't really know if this plays a key role but the word vigilante is in the title of the server so I dont think removal is an option.
    As far as the weapon/armor goes for vigi. Vigis used to have a sting that was pretty much all there was, if I remember right all the cartel monkeys still complained about it with that. Not saying that a spar isn't OP but don't expect that to be the only fix if you change it. 
    Any form of change to the rules where they have to engage in red zones/cartel would be completely absurd in my opinion. The common kavla vigi doesn't know the rules half way straight as they are and adding more rules is just going to fuck shit up even more. 
    Now making it where a vigi would kill in a certain area of the map I feel would be a difficult thing to accomplish, not sure how that would be scripted in or what because I don't know shit about that but I can foresee it being a clusterfuck if the zone isn't perfectly outlined by the red border around warzone. You could be on the road to bottleneck but still 200m out of warzone, engage to tase then kill, now that would just fuck it up completely. 

I know what it is like from both sides of the fence so I know how all you monkeys feel when you get tased in warzone then sent to jail for 80 mins. 
    So, we need to do more than just one thing so here is my suggestion. 

•   Bring back stings and take away the spar. 
  •   Drop the max payout from 90% to around 70ish%, maybe a little lower?
  •   Increase the min play time needed from like 2 hours to 5-6 this way people can't just sit afk for a restart and come back to instant vigi. 
  •   Increase needed arrests for tiers.
  •   Making jail time shorter has been done before, but I think spending anything over an hour in jail is dumb anyway so max time lowered to 60 min.

That is pretty much all I have as far as suggestions goes. Like I said I play both Vigi and Rebel so I am looking at this from both sides. Some of your ideas, although they may not be serious, don't seem possible so I thought Id put in my 2 cents.