An Update on the situation

31 minutes ago, buck dabbington said:

mav did thor's comp request on the spot of him asking for it over sidechat..have seen many ppl even within my own gang who are tight with an admin who got their comp after a simple pm to them. but its all good

Can I get my pocket admin to comp me for having to read this idiots posts? I feel like this level of stupid should be considered assault and he most certainly did not engage me before posting this.

Before I get into how easy it is to make money I want to remind you that you DO NOT PAY THE ADMINS. You are not purchasing a service and are not entitled to any level of compensation on any set time frame. These people volunteer their time to try to give you a positive experience on the server and do their best to remedy it when something goes wrong. Your posts reek of a level of entitlement that is honestly astonishing. If you feel like they are not doing a good enough job getting to these tickets then why don't you volunteer your time? Apply to the support team, answer support questions, work your way through the support ranks, and make a difference if you see such a big problem. Do all that and go watch someone else bitch about how long it takes you to get to the several hundred tickets while your trying to keep the server running smoothly and lets see what you think about the response times.

Alternatively why don't you go make some money instead of sitting on the forums whining. You can easily make 3-4 million in your first 5 hours of play on the server WITH NO ASSISTANCE if you have a brain. I started fresh with the default 50k and signed off 5 hours later with just over 4 million. People will whine and say that they can't but I can personally assure you that it is possible because I have done it. If you actually have a brain its really not hard.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Eased said:

Having "Life Control" unsecured was just asking for trouble in the first place. I remember stumbling upon it by accident and immediately questioning how secure it was. Now we know.

You guys could implement an IP whitelist for access to life control in the mean time (or permanently) until the dev can fix the vulnerability. Olympus has Cloudflare - USE IT!  Firewall rules are included which could easily secure the life control panel by IP address. Not a fan of Cloudflare? Use the OVH firewall then. So many solutions other than disabling it all-together and waiting for Cyberbyte Studios to implement a fix. 

Yeah, you're right. Shouldn't depend on other's account security because that's the easiest way to hack someone. The person is always the weakest part of information security. But when I was senior dev I wouldn't bother with managing an ip whitelist... Maybe 2fa would have been a good solution but eh. 

rollback has raped me again hooray... honestly though I know you guys are working hard, but this is starting to get ridiculous.  You say you are putting a new patch that will stop the money hacking and legit an hr later they raped the server again.  I dont know why my comp requests are getting denied.  Sorry I wasnt recording my whole boring run or winning the lottery but your logs should show this.

11 hours ago, buck dabbington said:

"You are still able to submit comp requests, but they will just take a bit longer for response time."

lmao it took u guys a week to do what, 50 comp requests from the first rollback...these people who need comp for this one will never see their comps unless they got a pocket admin. still gonna play but maybe in future u guys do the comp requests as a team and knock em out instead of spawning in tanks and shit on civ and using the excuse" well we get to play as well".

I don't really know any of the admins and I got my comp for last rollback. I think they were overwhelmed and it is unfortunate that some people were not comped.

• Like 1

There are many infrastructure security updates and changes we will be making to better secure the servers backend. I can't speak for the front end stuff (Arma side) but I know Fusah and Co. have security on the top of their list!

IP whitelisting is a good idea, except most folks have Dynamic IPs which kinda messes with that. There are better options, which include but certainly is not limited to 2fa.

Needless to say, we are working to fix things and have the right people for the job looking into it!

1 hour ago, MAV said:

IP whitelisting is a good idea, except most folks have Dynamic IPs which kinda messes with that. There are better options, which include but certainly is not limited to 2fa.

Man you lost me here

40 minutes ago, RDyer216 said:

Man you lost me here

They would look into IP whitelisting but most people have dynamic IPs (changes everytime you restart your router)

2fa = 2 factor authentication.

If thats what you meant by "lost me here"

Edited by Demon9845
1 hour ago, Demon9845 said:

They would look into IP whitelisting but most people have dynamic IPs (changes everytime you restart your router)

2fa = 2 factor authentication.

If thats what you meant by "lost me here"

Thank you.  Exactly what I was looking for.

41 minutes ago, DeathStar said:

Just curious, how backed up are comp requests?

In the support page you can see how many open compensation request are on the right hand side.

Currently that number says 172 - which means we are pretty backed up. 

Just now, buck dabbington said:

@TheCmdrRex is there a bug with vehicles/hatchbacks despawning/being lost? 3 of us bought 5 hatchbacks last night and they are all gone now for all of us.

Yeah we are aware of this. Also with warpoints not updating properly

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

Yeah we are aware of this. Also with warpoints not updating properly

should we try to keep track of wp or with the database being froze are they able to still track it once its all back up and running?

Just now, buck dabbington said:

should we try to keep track of wp or with the database being froze are they able to still track it once its all back up and running?

It’ll be best to keep track of it all. Logs are unfortunately not going to display it properly :(