June / July fed stats

14 minutes ago, 1-800TryHards said:

The issue is and has always been getting the gold to gold trader....basically the hardest part of the fed :/

Yup, even when we used the fancy Blackfish/hemmt tricks to get the gold out, the counters/roaches with titans or just the APD with the Ghosthawk eventually shut that down pretty fast. And that was with probably the best Blackfish pilot I've seen, without @Civak we would have got fucked a large portion of the time. So that trick, in general, is pretty unreasonable to rely on for the rest of the community.

I don't really have a solution to fix getting the gold out beyond "get good". We can't really force the APD to not spam Ghosthawks and armored waves, but it's clearly an issue so I think between the civ council, the APD and the staff we need to look seriously at how we can balance things a little better than they are now.

• Like 4
  • PogChamp 1
2 minutes ago, Mr Majestic said:

Yup, even when we used the fancy Blackfish/hemmt tricks to get the gold out, the counters/roaches with titans or just the APD with the Ghosthawk eventually shut that down pretty fast. And that was with probably the best Blackfish pilot I've seen, without @Civak we would have got fucked a large portion of the time. So that trick, in general, is pretty unreasonable to rely on for the rest of the community.

I don't really have a solution to fix getting the gold out beyond "get good". We can't really force the APD to not spam Ghosthawks and armored waves, but it's clearly an issue so I think between the civ council, the APD and the staff we need to look seriously at how we can balance things a little better than they are now.

Dont worry Papas coming back soon and I got a binder labeled Phase 5.

If it's a problem what do you propose is changed to balance it out? Along with that some of these numbers can be kinda bias and a bit off as anybody can get a blasting charge and plant it without the intent to actually do a proper fed.

40 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

If it's a problem what do you propose is changed to balance it out? Along with that some of these numbers can be kinda bias and a bit off as anybody can get a blasting charge and plant it without the intent to actually do a proper fed.

That's why we're presenting gold sold here. These aren't just some random numbers we've come across. @destruct can probably confirm this for us but @Zahzi mentioned earlier that there weren't many less than 6 minute feds that were started. There really aren't that many people starting random feds just to skew the numbers where you want them to go unfortunately Hoonter.

I'll quote this agian for you since you seem to have missed it.

5 hours ago, Zahzi said:

There were 3294 gold bars sold, yielding an average of 27 bars sold per started fed, and 62 per "completed" fed.

I bolded the part that I want you to take a look at. The average spawn is 237 bars that spawn at a federal event. Hopefully, you suddenly figured out why we're so "what the fuck" at the numbers right now.

There is no bias here, you just don't want to believe what the numbers are showing because suddenly you're on the winning side and don't want that to end. We had no problem explaining why we were winning as civilians and that eventually, it would come to an end.

As for balance, I think a good start would be curtailing the armored and Ghosthawk waves. After that, I'd like to see some of the general number stacking discouraged on both factions. Civilians shouldn't need 25 dudes to be regularly competitive just because they know the APD will no doubt stack seniors and merge channels. Whether that means an in-game system to discourage the civilians and an out of game system for the APD I'm not sure.

I feel we need a solution brought up other than just stating the issue. For the past year there has been a discrepancy over win rate and gold sold. To get a proper solution implemented, I feel we need to know the total number of gold spawned for each bomb blow. As well as how much was seized by APD. Once we know those stats as well, that will better allow a solution to come forward. 

Look, I don't know that adding towers is the right idea. I'm interested to see what ideas civ council has from a physical change, such as changing fed layout or moving the bomb dome.

I've also always felt the Blackwater is easier to complete due to the cops coming across open fields to attack. Fed is different because of how it needs to be pushed comparatively. 

It’s far from a win for civ just to get the bomb to blow. That’s just the easiest part.

Add 100 more towers, it’ll effectively change next to nothing. The biggest issue is once that bomb blows, to storing the money. 

Edited by Woo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Carrot Kid
4 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I feel we need a solution brought up other than just stating the issue. For the past year there has been a discrepancy over win rate and gold sold. To get a proper solution implemented, I feel we need to know the total number of gold spawned for each bomb blow. As well as how much was seized by APD. Once we know those stats as well, that will better allow a solution to come forward. 

Look, I don't know that adding towers is the right idea. I'm interested to see what ideas civ council has from a physical change, such as changing fed layout or moving the bomb dome.

I've also always felt the Blackwater is easier to complete due to the cops coming across open fields to attack. Fed is different because of how it needs to be pushed comparatively. 

Unfortunately, I don't haveI' a grand solution, just the stats. Any ideas you might have are welcome. Civ council will hopefully have a good solution to propose by next meeting.

I would love to know how much gold actually spawns, but that's not logged (yet). For now, we can have a pretty good approximation using the average spawn and total sold.

6 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I feel we need a solution brought up other than just stating the issue.

Before a solution is put forward, surely everyone need to know there is a problem to start with? This is what that post is, destructs status update was largely ignored for whatever reason. It's a win for everyone that this problem is bought out into the open with real stats to look at.

For the past year there has been a discrepancy over win rate and gold sold.

To be clear I don't think anyone is looking at bomb blowing and gold sold parity. The last little bit of the timer should be tough - however, it shouldn't be essentially impossible to get from the bomb dome to a gold trader.

Look, I don't know that adding towers is the right idea.

I thought it was obvious that was a meme. I don't think we should limit ourselves to what we add to the fed, these numbers are insane. If we need towers to solve the problem then so be it. Really hoping as a group we can come up with something a bit more exciting than fucking deerstands though :)