R&R Handbook Update 10/26/2019

R&R Handbook Update

Changes Appear in Red/Green

Chapter IX - Interacting with the APD
1. Medics are not required to assist the APD if requested.
2. Medics must assist for a minimum of 15 minutes when requested assisting.
     2.1. Medics may, at their discretion, stay for an additional 15 minutes if there are no    other calls for service pending.
     2.2. Medics who elect to stay for an additional 15 minutes shall not stay and assist for more than 30 minutes.  Once 30 minutes has elapsed, medics must return to their regularly assigned duties.
3. Once a medic is released, the same medic cannot assist the APD until 30 minutes has elapsed since the time of their release.
4. Medics who are assisting the APD shall not assist the opposing faction unless taken hostage.
5. If the APD are responding to a situation in waves, and the officers in the current wave are dead, medics should attempt to leave the area and wait for the next APD wave to arrive.
6. Medics may not operate police vehicles while assisting the APD.
7. Medics may ride in police vehicles while assisting the APD.
8. Medics who are assisting the APD within an illegal zone can be killed without warning.
9. If an APD officer instructs a medic not to enter an area, legal or illegal, the medic shall comply with the order and stay clear of the area for 5 minutes or until instructed otherwise or given written or verbal permission to return to the restricted location.
10. APD officers do not need to be within the area to provide instruction.  APD Officers should not stop R&R personnel from performing their medical duties without reason, and must be able to enforce their demands.
11. Medics shall comply with all APD orders so long as they are reasonable and don't go against the Medic handbook, APD handbook, or Olympus Server Rules.
12. Medics detained or arrested by the APD for failing to comply with orders or instruc
tions may be subject to disciplinary action.

13. APD calls should be treated as a priority call but you are not required to leave your current active calls to assist the APD.

Chapter II - Denial of Service

1. Denial Criteria
     1.1. Trolling: Player(s) who propagate discord on the server by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to on-duty medical personnel in any form of communication with the deliberate intent of provoking a negative emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic role-play discussion or duty performance.
     1.2. Threats: Player(s) who have repeatedly threatened to take medical personnel hostage, have previously taken medical personnel hostage, have repeatedly threatened to inflict or caused  serious bodily harm including death to medical personnel. 
     1.3. False Requests: Player(s) who request multiple EMS/Revive Requests and leave the area, re-spawn, or disconnect.
     1.4. Suspicious Circumstances: If a medic has reasonable suspicion to believe that a player is attempting to attain services under false pretenses in order to take medical personnel hostage.

1.5. Player request Denial thru their death menu.
2. Denial of Individual Services:
     2.1. Medics may only deny an individual player R&R services based on the criteria outlined in section 1.
     2.2. Medics cannot deny services to an entire group based on the actions of one individual within a group or gang.
     2.3. Medical personnel who deny services may only do so until the end of the server cycle.
     2.4. Medical personnel who choose to issue a denial of services do so as an individual.
          - 2.4.1. Medics may request, but cannot force, other medics to honor their denials.
     2.5. Players that are denied R&R services shall be notified via direct chat, side chat, or a text message when practical.

2.6. Medics are not required but should always try to deny players requesting to be denied through their death menu. 

Chapter XVI - Executive Decision

1. If at any point the Director feels the policies outlined above prevent them from fulfilling their duties in resolving a situation, they reserve the right to supersede the R&R Handbook.        
2. A member of the opposing group will be notified that the handbook has been superseded.

• Like 18
  • TriHard 1
  • Downvote 25
5 minutes ago, Creepy said:

#HowToGetCoupedByTheAPD

We are treated as civilians by the APD and are number one priority is treating civilians, APD should not be able to take a medic away for 15 minutes if a medic is busy. I forgot to add and now have updated on Number 13.  APD calls should be treated as a priority call but you are not required to leave your current active calls to assist the APD. This means APD dope calls or any other are treated as front of line but if we are busy with a situation elsewhere we are now not required to drop everything and go.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 16

Apd hates the gangs 

Gangs hate apd

Apd hates medics cause they revive gangs

Gangs hate medics for reviving apd

Medics hate people with guns screaming because someone else is butthurt their friend died cause they suck at the game and denying revives.

My solution?  Everyone is denied under "William's Clause 13.5 paragraph C subsection 31"   Everyone is denied for being handicapped. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, snipeZ said:

Remember Deps and Po's, R&R are worth LESS than a rook banger in terms of hostage situations. So make sure to offer the hostage taker the proper amount. i'd say a paramedic is worth around 2 donuts.

no matter what rank

1 minute ago, Lincoln Williams said:

Gangs hate medics for reviving apd

This is the only false statement.  I've probably picked up less than 100 cops in my entire time with R&R.  

1 minute ago, snipeZ said:

Remember Deps and Po's, R&R are worth LESS than a rook banger in terms of hostage situations. So make sure to offer the hostage taker the proper amount. i'd say a paramedic is worth around 2 donuts.

Most hostage takers don't understand that a Sr. RnR member is worth less than 1/2 a donut.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Richard said:

This is the only false statement.  I've probably picked up less than 100 cops in my entire time with R&R.  

Fed is where I got most of my cop revives.  Buy your point is still valid... apd has no penalty for reviving so 0 fux given to respawn. 

29 minutes ago, Step said:

Neither should be a pistol banger with no ammo, yet they can.

Thats the thing APD used to be able to do it no matter what you had to do what ever they said or you would get written up for disobeying a civ actually has to use force.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 14
6 hours ago, Childish said:

1. If at any point the Director feels the policies outlined above prevent them from fulfilling their duties in resolving a situation, they reserve the right to supersede the R&R Handbook.        
2. A member of the opposing group will be notified that the handbook has been superseded.

If you have time Childish I'd like to know what hypothetical situation you imagined needing this.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Mr Majestic said:

If you have time Childish I'd like to know what hypothetical situation you imagined needing this.

When he wants to bring the entire R&R to the fed. 

With guns.

To rob it.

With amazing medic armor.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mr Majestic said:

When he needs some money man. Pick up a mk200 kill a few people, then revive them.

3 hours ago, John Wayne said:

When he wants to bring the entire R&R to the fed. 

With guns.

To rob it.

With amazing medic armor.

I'd come back for this.

Just saying

• PogChamp 1
7 hours ago, snipeZ said:

I don’t even go for medics taken hostage and hope cops don’t come for me when I’m on medic😂

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, your name said:

I don’t even go for medics taken hostage and hope cops don’t come for me when I’m on medic😂

We are well aware.  Medics should only be allowed to be taken hostage for federal events.  Being taken hostage for anything else is just afking for 15-30 minutes.  Then killed or left to walk a few kilometers to nearest garage.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Lol people are complaining about rule changes actually reflect how the game is actually being played lmao:

1. APD constantly trolls rnr and has for years (it's the literal reason APD/medic sidechat was removed)

2. APD calls medic for dope, medic more often then not answers calls first then goes to give dope.

3. Other stuff is clarifications around how long you have to wait... Also why should you be able to deny a group when your not there to enforce it? (Civs can't)

These comments sound like the typical Olympus complain just to complain instead of actually using your brains to see how this update functionally changes nothing

• Like 2
  • Love 5

If at any point the Director feels the policies outlined above prevent them from fulfilling their duties in resolving a situation, they reserve the right to supersede the R&R Handbook.    lol huh  

Chapter XVI - Executive Decision

thats a troll right?

• Like 2