Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus Unbanathon V2 - 2020

• Owner

With the year soon coming to an end, I usually do some sort of giveaway for games or in game stuff. This year im going to be doing an Olympus Unbanathon, however the appeals will not have any decision made until near mid December, as I want to give myself and the rest of my staff the chance to look over the persons ban and make a decision from there. 

Gonna copy/paste @Grandma Gary's old post for this, and just update the details. Basically how this would work is people who had bans for duping or exploiting physical items, virtual items or money will have the opportunity to appeal their ban and have it removed and in place have some restrictions placed on their account.  Any hacking/scripting bans including bans from spawning money are not eligible for removal.

Restrictions are as followed:

• House limit of 3
  • Vehicle limit of 15
  • Cannot pickup money off the ground
  • Cannot give/take money to/from players
  • When robbed your money is 1/2'd
  • When robbing another player it is 1/2'd
  • Cannot do RnR invoices
  • Money will not drop when killed, it gets deleted.
  • Cannot give/take from gang bank
  • Cannot give/take wire transfers to/from players
  • Players lose 15% when selling virtual items to stores
  • Cannot play on a whitelisted faction (R&R / APD)
  • Does not receive Passive Perks
  • Account Wipe
  • May not be banned for the next 2 months at minimum

Given the infractions that landed people with their respective perms this not only gives them another chance to play on our servers but it also reduces opportunities for individuals to backslide onto their old nefarious ways.

While these restrictions may seem rather harsh the alternative is to be "permanently" banned.  We also recognize that there may be some people who genuinely regret their actions and we are offering the opportunity for these restrictions to be removed after a minimum of 2 months.  There is no guarantee that the restrictions will be removed however and they will be removed on a case by case basis.

If you have alternate accounts and you use them to get around these restrictions it will be considered ban evading and both accounts will be banned.  If you are appealing and have alternate accounts please bring them to our attention beforehand to avoid issues in the future.

Also please note we will be looking over things on a case by case basis. Do not expect a guaranteed unban, and do not spam myself and the staff to look at the appeal is it will result in an automatic denial.

Good Luck with your appeals 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, G F said:

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Any hacking/scripting bans including bans from spawning money are not eligible for removal.

• Like 1
  • Owner
Just now, DeadPool said:

I remember fighting for the one last year after being told it would never happen. Funny how things change lmao

Ive always liked the restrictions program, cause realistically when you're on restrictions its like you are being fed half a plate of food, and you just out here trying to get the full plate. Makes it interesting to watch 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Is this an effort to increase pop? I don’t see any other reason for it.

this has happened a few times actually, i don't know the specific reasons but it revives some cartel life most of the time 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Nah, according to Ryan apparently it's just a post to show that restrictions exist and we don't have to keep permanent bans. So there's not going to be more unbanning that we do currently, not changing anything in relation to the status quo for unbans.

• Downvote 1
  • Owner
24 minutes ago, Dicky said:

16 minutes ago, Richard said:

100%

Our servers have been full the last week ever since we started working on shit again so no not really lol we did the same thing last year. 

Just now, destruct said:

Nah, according to Ryan apparently it's just a post to show that restrictions exist and we don't have to keep permanent bans. So there's not going to be more unbanning that we do currently, not changing anything in relation to the status quo for unbans.

Read the post and you’d see what this is 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Squeezy said:

Ah yes, classic peepee sucking from ryan who only cares about appealing to the old player base and cartel tards who don't know how to follow rules.

• Like 2