State of Olympus 2020

20 minutes ago, Tacosmell said:

more events revolving around warzone then that will bring more players to that side of the map

20 minutes ago, Tacosmell said:

betting is causing players to quit

+1

In all honesty I dont know why betting is still a thing, they have so many reasons to remove betting but for some reason they refuse to. Idk maybe im missing a key factor of why it is still apart of the community?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, RustyBeerCan said:

In all honesty I dont know why betting is still a thing, they have so many reasons to remove betting but for some reason they refuse to. Idk maybe im missing a key factor of why it is still apart of the community?

"keeps players around"

37 minutes ago, Tacosmell said:

"keeps players around"

56 minutes ago, RustyBeerCan said:

I think they're scared to do something so drastic (which in my opinion isn't that drastic) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tacosmell said:

1. Economy: Its Terrible. I have seen a total of maybe 3 runs in the past 2 months (on cop and civ). People are betting insane amounts of money and the fact that this is possible is wild. I should not be able to get off and overnight a gang member get 300+ mill by simply betting. No runs = Cop is basically bank simulator. Also betting is causing players to quit and even get banned. W I L D 

+1 I haven’t seen a run in two months, so you’re lucky. The server is so dead even when it’s full. 

From my POV as both medic, cop and civ, i think the largest run ive ran into in the past 5 months is i one time saw two tempests and a box truck being used for diamond. Other than that i only run into SUV's and sometimes a Van. Betting should be removed 100%. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Tacosmell said:

I'm going to voice my opinion on a few things that i've noticed since i've come back. 

1. Economy: Its Terrible. I have seen a total of maybe 3 runs in the past 2 months (on cop and civ)

-Coming from the guy with 2000 plat sold and 170mil from cop earnings. Why don't you do runs? Probably the same reason no one else does.

-Betting has no affect on economy, its just exchanging cash and most bet stats are 50/50.

2. Cartels:  New players have a very hard time competing with veteran players and they usually just quit trying. WE NEED MORE EVENTS.

-Conquest is the event your suggesting, happens pretty often too.

-If veteran players stopped cheating maybe the new ones would stand a chance. How many retards get banned for cheating? They all have one thing in common - cartel epeen.

3. Activity: I see both servers being full but nothing really happens. 

-Maybe do something that isn't on warzone or patrolling on cop. The entire map is a sandbox, plenty of shit to do you just have your eyes closed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, John Wayne said:

If veteran players stopped cheating maybe the new ones would stand a chance. How many retards get banned for cheating? They all have one thing in common - cartel epeen.

Theres no incentive to not cheat anymore... staff 2.0 will just unban them like we used to dupers... (aka in a few months if they say they're really sorry and will never do it again!)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tacosmell said:

"keeps players around"

It doesn’t though, I’ve seen so many players leave once they lose all their money betting, and I’ve seen a lot of veteran players leave because they lost their money betting. And like you said people aren’t doing runs because they can just sit in kavala and bet and make 90x the amount that they would make from a run, so why would you? It would make a better experience for everyone if betting wasn’t a thing and people had to go out and start doing runs/ feds/ bw’s again. 

• Like 1

now that that faggot majestic is gone we need to delete the new og heroin cartel and make church drug cartel with 5 drugs in it, leaving og mush as a single rotating drug cartel. this will incentivize those shit gangs that hold each others dicks all day with 10 people on to fight a cartel for once. right now the double drug cartels just get solo capped by kids tabbed out. very rarely are there fights at any of them so they are useless and wasting peoples time. while adding this, we make drugs processing speed quicker so that people will actually do drug runs again. i dont know of a server that has a longer processing speed than oly so wouldnt be too significant a change to speed it up a bit

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, swervy said:

now that that faggot majestic is gone we need to delete the new og heroin cartel and make church drug cartel with 5 drugs in it, leaving og mush as a single rotating drug cartel. this will incentivize those shit gangs that hold each others dicks all day with 10 people on to fight a cartel for once. right now the double drug cartels just get solo capped by kids tabbed out. very rarely are there fights at any of them so they are useless and wasting peoples time. while adding this, we make drugs processing speed quicker so that people will actually do drug runs again. i dont know of a server that has a longer processing speed than oly so wouldnt be too significant a change to speed it up a bit

this tactician doesn't run out of ideas +1

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tacosmell said:

WE NEED MORE EVENTS. Conquest is cool, but implement something daily to keep a consistency in fights. If there are more events revolving around warzone then that will bring more players to that side of the map. More fights will ultimately get more gangs fighting if there is an incentive to do so.

From experiance setting up these events is absolutely aids. Teleporting everyone, giving everyone money, spawning vehicles , deleting vehicles, making sure everyone is following the rules of the event. And then you always have that one kid that will sui vest the entire event at rebel while people are trying  to get gear.

And the worst part about events is one by one adding everyone that says add in chat. People spam it, people die then need to be re added, people get bugged so they need to soft log to even be added. 

I brought up to the devs a system that will automatically add players to events and all you have to do is press a button to accept to join.  Similar to accepting a war request from other gangs. Was approved months ago so still waiting on that to be added which will make doing  events alot easier.

Also asked for a button to give players loadouts so you dont have the aids of passing out money for all the people that need gear to participate. That was also supposed to happen at the same time. 

So I guess stay tuned for that stuff to be added which will actually make doing those type of events less aids. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, swervy said:

this. squatter gangs have 10+ people and dont step foot in warzone

putting drug on church would maybe help that

10 hours ago, Tacosmell said:

WE NEED MORE EVENTS

hah they went a whole "event month" without a single cartel event. 

29 minutes ago, Outcast said:

From experiance setting up these events is absolutely aids. Teleporting everyone, giving everyone money, spawning vehicles , deleting vehicles, making sure everyone is following the rules of the event. And then you always have that one kid that will sui vest the entire event at rebel while people are trying  to get gear.

And the worst part about events is one by one adding everyone that says add in chat. People spam it, people die then need to be re added, people get bugged so they need to soft log to even be added. 

I brought up to the devs a system that will automatically add players to events and all you have to do is press a button to accept to join.  Similar to accepting a war request from other gangs. Was approved months ago so still waiting on that to be added which will make doing  events alot easier.

Also asked for a button to give players loadouts so you dont have the aids of passing out money for all the people that need gear to participate. That was also supposed to happen at the same time. 

So I guess stay tuned for that stuff to be added which will actually make doing those type of events less aids. 

Bet.

Guest Skateezy
29 minutes ago, Outcast said:

I know absolutely 0 about Arma development so feel free to call me a retard.

Is there anyway to setup loadouts in the sense that the NPC's have on Altis Editor?

I could see it being simple to pull from those loadouts and give players "rifleman", "sniper", or any of the other predisposed loadouts in stock.

Also to avoid event disruption could we maybe add an artifical island far off the coast of Altis?

p.s pls add gulag

14 minutes ago, Outcast said:

Maybe add more of an incentive to fight cartels rather than actual events so that more gangs will fight. There is no point in capping cartels unless you're either selling, which is pointless because anyone who sells any large amount sells when nobody is fighting to cap cartel. 

Just now, poundcake said:

Maybe add more of an incentive to fight cartels rather than actual events so that more gangs will fight. There is no point in capping cartels unless you're either selling, which is pointless because anyone who sells any large amount sells when nobody is fighting to cap cartel. 

only issue with this is that im pretty sure they want people to lose money, not to gain it, which is why adding an incentive to fight is harder than you think.

could be wrong tho

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skateezy said:

I know absolutely 0 about Arma development so feel free to call me a retard.

Is there anyway to setup loadouts in the sense that the NPC's have on Altis Editor?

I could see it being simple to pull from those loadouts and give players "rifleman", "sniper", or any of the other predisposed loadouts in stock.

Also to avoid event disruption could we maybe add an artifical island far off the coast of Altis?

p.s pls add gulag

They would allow you to use the load loadout feature thats in rebel on an NPC at the event. (If this happened)

1 minute ago, poundcake said:

This^

1 minute ago, evannnn said:

only issue with this is that im pretty sure they want people to lose money, not to gain it, which is why adding an incentive to fight is harder than you think.

could be wrong tho

i don't know, but i fight cartel for fights rather than holding for gang funds. unless there are the few cartel fighting gangs on, cartels are dead because after a couple pushes, people stop because they lose too much money. i do see how your point, though. i'm not suggesting a passive form of compensation for capping but maybe random events where a gang holds cap the longest can get money. something like a smaller version of conquest, for example.