new hud

new hud  

74 members have voted

1. 1. do You like it ?

• yes
    • no

There is a lot of unnecessary information here that only takes up space. There isn't a reason people need to see their donor level, money, and time till restart. The leftside feels too cluttered and hard to read for me aswell

• Lead Map Designer
Just now, mohsen98 said:
there is also ability to hide any of them

Still a lot of it is unnecessary.  If I want to know my speed I'll look at the default Arma HUD, I don't need to see an image of what vehicle I'm in or the name of it.  Don't need to see what donor level I am either or how much money I have, it tells me in the Y menu which is simple enough to check.  Honestly just seems like a waste of time if all of it is unnecessary and there's an option to turn it off.

3 minutes ago, Dank MeeMoo said:

There is a lot of unnecessary information here that only takes up space. There isn't a reason people need to see their donor level, money, and time till restart. The leftside feels too cluttered and hard to read for me aswell

What do you think it should be replaced with?

What makes a good UI for games now days is minimalism. 

If your gonna attempt to redo it, you are going to want to de-clutter what is currently implemented in-game. 

I’m talking smaller/thinner progress bars, the ability to toggle the hud via an action key, and introducing more innovative ideas to handle text messaging (or messages in general) as well as confirmed kills and stuff. The last thing people wish for is more information on their screen when they can press a button and see it anyways. Especially when this information is not imperative to know 24/7.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Owner

Although I have always wanted to update the HUD, this one aint it chief 😞 

It feels too cluttered, takes up a lot of the screen. Stuff like the donor level I feel like we can just include within the Y menu if its really necessary. A good HUD has a clean fresh look, with as little as possible on the screen.

3 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

What makes a good UI for games now days is minimalism. 

If your gonna attempt to redo it, you are going to want to de-clutter what is currently implemented in-game. 

I’m talking smaller/thinner progress bars, the ability to toggle the hud via an action key, and introducing more innovative ideas to handle text messaging (or messages in general) as well as confirmed kills and stuff. The last thing people wish for is more information on their screen when they can press a button and see it anyways. Especially when this information is not imperative to know 24/7.

TLDR this^

• Like 6
  • Senior Texture Designer

137e65d3d18187f083ed64dadad38944.png bruh why would i need to know this do people not the know the vehicle they are driving?

• Like 2