When did you realize the APD was overpowered?

Just now, monsterr said:

50 cal plane.

only one armed plane guy remains @rabid

The other plane boys @Mr GOAT and @Bloodmoon are gone

planes are kinda slept on now 😞

1 minute ago, Venomm said:

only one armed plane guy remains @rabid

Every time i see rabid in a plane I get ptsd from when I shot at his plane thinking it was a corporal and instantly regretting it 😞

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, monsterr said:

50 cal plane.

Forgot about those because of how useless they are, 2 mil for something that can get shot down by a pdub. Regardless, the overall power of the apd has decreased significantly since 2017, which was the best time period of the server when I played.

15 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Forgot about those because of how useless they are, 2 mil for something that can get shot down by a pdub. Regardless, the overall power of the apd has decreased significantly since 2017, which was the best time period of the server when I played.

They aren't totally useless since they can shoot straight through the armour of an ifrit, but yes, 2mil for something thats engine can get 1 tapped by pretty much everything makes them somewhat balanced

can someone lock this post i think i got mild autism from it

no hate to anyone involved, i'm just kind of sick of seeing "aPd OvErPoWeReD" five times a day on the forums. and now it's spilled over to general chit-chat.

edit: if you don't like it, i encourage you to make a real suggestion instead of complaining 🙂

Edited by Icy
  • Clown 3
2 minutes ago, Icy said:

edit: if you don't like it, i encourage you to make a real suggestion instead of complaining 🙂

most the people complaining on this thread that "aPd Is OvErPoWeReD" started playing the server either in late 2019 or early this year (with the exception of @Praetorian but hes got the braincells of a chipmunk) so trying to tell them to make a suggestion instead of complaining is like talking to a brick wall.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Praetorian said:

You're right, but the balancing of the server has changed and the average player is worse. To compound this, there isn't much that keeps players here anymore so whether or not we agree with what people say, they can and have simply just playing started different games or servers.

Not wrong, servers are slowly dieing. They can say there's nothing wrong all they want but there is obviously something wrong. Its only the staff/mods/etc and the apd themselves that think they are balanced. You can ask most civs and they would disagree. This usually tends to cause a lot of people to leave. Many in my group alone have lost interest in the server because of the APD. I have also spoken with many other gangs and they too agree and have also lost a lot of members because of it. 

And as someone else said that no one is mentioning suggesting's to actually change and I agree, so here's some of my thoughts.
-I believe they should get paid more for making arrests/confiscating illegal goods(it would make being a cop more profitable/desirable and could get more people to play the role).

-They should have to pay for their gear if they respawn. (Its already cheaper and if they were paid more it wouldn't be a problem/even if its half the price they should have to rebuy gear).

-There should be a 3-5 minute NLR for cops. Its impossible to do anything when you finally fight off the wave of cops that rolled up on you when the first ones you killed are already back. I think a 5 minute NLR would make it more reasonable for civs to actually get away if they are actually able to fend off the cops.  (this of course is different for banks/feds/blackwaters/prison the normal wave rule is just fine, I'm speaking more of a general rule)(Another thing to keep in mind is sometimes fights to break out in police departments so I'm open for ideas for how to handle the NLR in those situations because it does make rescuing your friends impossible if the cops can infinitely respawn there).

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 1
  • Clown 1