Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Are you good at driving IRL?

Are you good at driving IRL?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are you good at driving IRL?

30 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I will soon have the ability to drive , Is it hard?

na its easy to remember you will do fine 

now that i think about it just start passenger seating people on the sidewalk

Just now, Chase- said:

Driving is not hard - nearly everybody you have interacted with past the age of 16 years old has the ability to drive. That should ease your mind up a bit - it is easy!

• The biggest factor on the road is -other- drivers.
  • Do not sit on your phone in the car.
  • Hold your windshield wipers if somebody is tailgating you. The excess will fly with the wind onto their windshield.

Be safe.

if someone is tailgating you put your cruise on and every once and awhile decrease by 1mph until he passes. Has worked for me like twice.

• Like 1
  • Pepega 1
11 hours ago, Chase- said:

Hold your windshield wipers if somebody is tailgating you. The excess will fly with the wind onto their windshield.

this is probably the best advice i have ever heard given to a new driver 200 IQ @ Chase-

• Clown 1

you just gotta be observant. There are a ton of retards that have licenses, so just pay attention to your surroundings and you should be OK.

Also check your blind spots before switching lanes

2 hours ago, Millennium said:

you just gotta be observant. There are a ton of retards that have licenses, so just pay attention to your surroundings and you should be OK.

Also check your blind spots before switching lanes

There are a ton of retards that have licenses

@ Venomm

• Senior Admin

This poll perfectly demonstrates the problem with driving. Everyone thinks they are a good driver and statistically half of us must be below average. We are the exact same assholes and idiots that everyone complains about on the road.

Unless you take special driving classes and work hard to be a good driver you will also be an average shitty driver. IMHO if you accept that you will be a safe driver which is much more important.

Know your limits, know that you are not good enough to avoid hitting something if unsafe driving causes an unsafe situation. Instead work to understand what you can do to avoid needing to be a good driver.

Know that everyone makes mistakes, accidents happen, your not a great driver, know what to do when you have a flat, or a dead battery (if you haven't jumped a car or changed a tire go do it, knowing how in theory and actually knowing how are very different)  and enjoy the freedom driving can give you. 

• Like 2
  • Admin

422fb3f8e2c30f8ac9d2f6de77baa5dc.png 

Yeah I'm a good driver. No but honestly though I think the biggest issue is people dont know the limits of their car (or their own as a driver) and push these limits when its not safe to do so. I learned to drive in heavy snow by taking to a parking lot in a blizzard. Do things like that it can be a fun way to learn what do do without the risk of yourself or others 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, Chase- said:
  • Do not be peer-pressured into drinking and driving. It is fairly typical for individuals to go out to a sports bar, drink 5 beers, and drive home. Don't do this.

Drink only 5beers in the UK and you’re the designated driver

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, codeYeTi said:

I'm okay. P2 in 24hrs of Daytona, P8 in 24h of Nurbs. I just can't drive road atlanta for SHITE

I know this isn't what you meant... but xD @ PUG

its looks like your kinda doing fine at Atlanta skech passes tho 

• Senior Developer
3 minutes ago, PUG said:

its looks like your kinda doing fine at Atlanta skech passes tho 

That was Watkins Glen haha. I put us in the wall in the S's at Road Atlanta after an LMP2 pushed us wide. (we were in GTLM there).

• Like 1