Olympus Entertainment | Giveaway + 4th of July Sale | PRICE MATCH UPDATED! ×

Olympus community I require your aid

• Head Admin

So my POS mic has stopped working in game and I've tried like 3 diferent things to get it working with no luck.  If any of you degenerates can come up with a solution I will grant you a boon.  Said boon can be chosen from the following list:

1. Get out of ban free card.  (scripting related shitters can eat my ass...unless you help then we may be able to work something out as long as you don't tell @ Fraali )

2. One free use of the gamer word card

3. @ Noble s toe pics

4. Some Olympus $ or some shit

Things I have tried to fix this shitty mic issue

1. Confirmed default settings in Windows, microphone works everywhere except in game in Arma 3, works in Reforger, does not work on other Arma 3 servers

2. Switched it off and on.

3. Yelled at it and told it how disappointed I am.

4. Turns out there is some Windows setting that actually record when and what application is actively using your mic and Arma 3 last utlized it on the 13th of this month.  There are no windows updates or other software installations on that date.

PLZ HELP

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • BlessUp 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1

shift+tab ingame to open steam overlay,navigate to settings there,configure your mic there (see if cranking up the volume does anything there]

run steam/arma 3 as administrator

verify game cash

set a bind in escape > configure > controls under multiplayer tab and set a bind for talking in direct chat to see if that will help.

try using a voice over net key.

reinstall a3

escape - configure - audio and turn your microphone slider up/auto adjust

hopefully one of these help!

also the equivalent 10 mil on green hit would be much appreciated so i can help more new players if u get it working 😉

36 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

So my POS mic has stopped working in game and I've tried like 3 diferent things to get it working with no luck.  If any of you degenerates can come up with a solution I will grant you a boon.  Said boon can be chosen from the following list:

1. Get out of ban free card.  (scripting related shitters can eat my ass...unless you help then we may be able to work something out as long as you don't tell @ Fraali )

2. One free use of the gamer word card

3. @ Noble s toe pics

4. Some Olympus $ or some shit

Things I have tried to fix this shitty mic issue

1. Confirmed default settings in Windows, microphone works everywhere except in game in Arma 3, works in Reforger, does not work on other Arma 3 servers

2. Switched it off and on.

3. Yelled at it and told it how disappointed I am.

4. Turns out there is some Windows setting that actually record when and what application is actively using your mic and Arma 3 last utlized it on the 13th of this month.  There are no windows updates or other software installations on that date.

PLZ HELP

THROW THAT MOTHERFUCKER AT THE WALL

• Haha 1
  • Chief of Police
1 hour ago, Grandma Gary said:

Tried another mic, it's a software issue somewhere. 

Gonna reinstall windows wish me luck!

If you are on Windows 11, there is a driver issue with some mics. What mic are you using?

• Senior Web Developer

I would ensure your correct input is set in Windows:image.png.d666de8a90f0c0740f55036cb69be425.png

Then another thing is on Steam open your Friends & Chat. Click the cogwheel. Go to Voice and set your Voice Input Device.

image.png.680039fef1fa4243bbfe01afc37b2e72.png

Lastly, check your in-game Arma 3 voice settings.