Olympus community I require your aid

3 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Gonna reinstall windows wish me luck!

Assuming you haven't already done this - but if you'd prefer to not go for a full nuke and want to potentially save time, I highly recommend resetting your user profile on windows first  - that will clean likely Windows-related culprits first from AppData folders and HKCU registry. 

I would try full on disabling the other audio inputs, and then restarting the game client.

Arma 3 gets pretty buggy with audio defaults.  Whenever i switch my mic out i have to fully restart my game because it won't detect new hardware except at game start.  

I had this problem months ago. I figured it out on my own like a real grandma....

Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did. I think it was something with my graphics card recording settings, Nvidia that is. 

I NEED THE BOON @ Grandma Gary  3 UNBANS IF I HELP FIX THIS

TRY PUTTING IT IN RICE

TRY TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN

TRY UNPLUGGING IT AND REPLUGGING IT

TRY BUYING A NEW ONE

TRY VAACUMING THE WATER OUT

on a serious note search up "sound settings" in windows search on bottom left of ur screen, check all of your input volumes and make sure none are at 0, then go to device properties and make sure it isnt muted. i had this problem once.

https://i.gyazo.com/4ddb85dac87e786ac0a28100986940bb.mp4 or Settings (gyazo.com)

• Head Admin

So it turns out the culprit is Razer Synapse. It has a few options to "optimize" your system for gaming and whatever way it interacts with Arma yeets my mic from existance.  A single use fucks everything up and the big fancy "restore defaults" does nothing.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

So it turns out the culprit is Razer Synapse. It has a few options to "optimize" your system for gaming and whatever way it interacts with Arma yeets my mic from existance.  A single use fucks everything up and the big fancy "restore defaults" does nothing.

I had the same problem with logitechs headphone software

1 hour ago, Grandma Gary said:

8f5cad170df46166d265266323d4f6be.png

making sure exclusive mode is unchecked here may avoid that from happening, otherwise i would just completely disable all the razer bs from running

2 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

so basically what i said so i won

free rat free william free matthew ❤️ 

• Senior Web Developer
3 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Since you fixed your issue yourself do we all get Olympus money?

• Senior Developer
5 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

This vindicates all the times I've made people uninstall that cancer. Razer is a terrible hardware manufacturer, and, at least outside of keyboards, it has way more to do with that carcinogenic hunk of senselessly half-assed garbage than it does the things that are purported to be the real "products"

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
8 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

i whispered that whiel you was asleep last night so 76561198137239361

On 1/26/2023 at 2:16 AM, Grandma Gary said:

2. One free use of the gamer word card

I already have this apparently

17 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

I know of a few guys who used synapse too🤔🤔

8 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Sure why not ;D

Put some cash monies into the deposit box of everyone who helped diagnose Arma aids.

See now I thought you were just rdming people with you homing rocket launchers.  Turns out your mic just wasn't working.