Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

My Version of APD Promotion Guide

3 minutes ago, Silton said:

Or you could have fun and wear cool head wear... you won't stay for long but is better than grinding for stupid ranks IMO

This is true @Stelar can confirm 

4 hours ago, RubberDuck said:

10/10, I've been PO for just a little over 650 hrs minus a little dep time, one day the corporal dream will be a reality, maybe.

If snipez can get it you can to just wait for a drunk sr and boom

• Like 1

I'm glad this has remained somewhat civil as far as forum standards go. My input = just be good at what you do. The sAPD knows who is dedicated and who is there to Johnson hop within the first 30 seconds of talking to you. It's really obvious to see which officers are on for the rp and the leadership roles, and which are there to simply get promoted. Coming from someone who moved through the APD really quickly, just have fun. Don't worry about who gets promoted and who gets demoted, you will spend too much time stressing over it. Just play the game, have fun, and your time will come. 

• Like 1

The only times I have ever joined a channel with a sAPD in it is when there are literally 2 cops online other than the seniors. Or I know the senior and like to play with him. I got PO by not playing with seniors, so can you!

Didn't read all the replies but I read the original post.

All I can say is that OS does not help your chances at Sgt. @Goodman worked really fuckin' hard for that rank as did everyone else carrying that rank or higher. 

There was a time where we weren't sure which path Goodman would end up going (OS vs. Sgt.).  I'm really glad GOAT let him assume both roles eventually though.

2 hours ago, Isaac Newton said:

Didn't read all the replies but I read the original post.

All I can say is that OS does not help your chances at Sgt. @Goodman worked really fuckin' hard for that rank as did everyone else carrying that rank or higher. 

There was a time where we weren't sure which path Goodman would end up going (OS vs. Sgt.).  I'm really glad GOAT let him assume both roles eventually though.

Can confirm that OS doesn't help. I help @Plumber  study for sgt before he even got OS and look at him now

• Head Admin
6 hours ago, platinumfire said:

Explain the fact that literally all of Vx got OS then they didn't just get it because they deserved it they had friends in there that had played with them and know their personality which makes it easier to hire them.

New Moderators are chosen by the Admins and there are no "VX Admins".

I will also say when I look at potential new staff members gang affiliation does not factor into it at all.

As for OP referencing OS getting preferential treatment for SGT roles Goodman is the only senior that was a Corporal prior to his promotion and there was actually concern that being OS was hold him back.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Willski said:

I guess you are entitled to your opinion but OS helps because you can join channels that others can't and play with seniors whenever you want. As other people have to wait. 

Don't think you realize that mods get corp and admins get any rank they want. OS has nothing to do with the APD. Every person that is staff that's in the APD earned their rank, we didn't promote them because they were staff.

40 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Don't think you realize that mods get corp and admins get any rank they want. OS has nothing to do with the APD. Every person that is staff that's in the APD earned their rank, we didn't promote them because they were staff.

I never said that if they were OS they got special treatment I was saying that you can play with seniors whenever you want because you can join any channel you want. 

27 minutes ago, Willski said:

I never said that if they were OS they got special treatment I was saying that you can play with seniors whenever you want because you can join any channel you want. 

But it doesn't happen often. lol

• Like 1