Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 5/10/2017

Guest G.O.A.T.

Guest G.O.A.T.

The update comes into effect immediately.

Chapter I - Professional Standards

1. Conduct
    1. Officers are allowed to conduct themselves casually with civilians, so long as they do not go out of their way to excessively insult a civilian or go outside the boundaries set forth by the server rules.
    2. Officers are expected to treat all players with respect, this is a two-way street.
    3. Officers of lower rank are expected to obey the directions of higher ranking officers.
    4. Street language is not frowned upon in the APD, you may RP freely as so long as you don't cross the lines of harassment, racism, and other extreme vulgarities.
  2. Role Playing
    1. Officers are expected to role play every scenario they encounter.
    2. Officers are expected to maintain their character in every scenario they encounter.
  3. Meta Gaming
    1. Meta-Gaming - is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game.  Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.
    2. Officers are not to use information used while playing as a civilian to carry out their duties.
    3. Officers are not to use information used while playing as a cop to use as a civilian.
  4. Individual Officer Redeployment
    1. APD members may respawn to a HQ if there are (5) five or less officers on the server.
  5. Server Redeployment
    1. Server Redeploy should be conducted by Corporals and higher when it appears that officer placement is unbalanced.
      1. Corporals must be on the server at the time of the redeploy.
    2. Full APD Redeploy are conducted by Sergeants and higher to redistribute an unbalanced APD force between all of the servers.
      1. Senior APD must only be in Teamspeak to complete this task.
    3. All officers are expected to follow redeploy instructions.  Repeated infractions may result in removal from the force.

Chapter V - Hostage Situations

1. A player may not be pardoned if their bounty is $1 Million+ or if they have an Escaping Jail charge and/or Hostage situation charge.
    1. If their bounty is over the above amount then they must request something else.
  2. The hostage taker may not force the APD or a Vigilante to send another player directly to jail as a request.
  3. The hostage taker may not request for APD to break into a house/gang shed.
  4. The hostage taker may not request an APD member to do illegal activities.
    1. If the hostage is an APD member that APD member can not offer negotiations.
    2. This means the APD hostage can not give you a pardon or money.
  5. The APD member may still drops items they have on there person if that is the request.
    1. An APD member, the highest available rank online, must delegate a negotiator and a text sent to the Hostage takers stating his/her name and intentions.
    2. Once done this APD member will be the one to speak with the hostage taker(s) for negotiation purposes.
    3. The negotiator entering the area must enter unarmed.
    4. The negotiator can not be taken as a new hostage, nor may they be robbed. The negotiator may be killed if negotiations fail.
    5. During a hostage situation the negotiator may not restrain the hostage takers as they are there solely for negotiations
      1. If they are going to restrain said suspects, the suspects must first be in a taze state or have their hands up as per standard restraining rules.
  6. The APD may not enter the hostage area and immediately down the hostage takers.
    1. Any APD who enter must first allow proper negotiations before attempting to fire on the suspects.
      1. A Sgt or higher may make the call to immediately engage on the hostage takers if they feel they can remove the said hostage(s) safely.
    2. APD may setup shooting points but may not fire until negotiations have failed.
    3. If negotiations can not be reached after proper attempts then APD may enter and continue as per the server rules.
  7. If negotiations are done and both parties have come to an agreement once the situation is over then both parties are to go there own way.
    1. This means APD may not immediately arrest the hostage takers nor may the hostage takers shoot the APD involved.
  8. Any player who tases and restrains an APD officer will be charged with Hostage Situation and will forfeit their right to pay their ticket.

Guest G.O.A.T.
6 minutes ago, RubberDuck said:

By two way street with respect does this mean the civs are expected to as well and if not all respect expected from the officer may be thrown out (in an non-excessive manner)?

If the civs are not respecting the officer, they should not expect respect in return. Simple as that.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

lets say i was a cop and i got called a nigger, can i call them a nigger back?

as they do not go out of their way to excessively insult a civilian or go outside the boundaries set forth by the server rules.

1 minute ago, Dante Fleury said:

as they do not go out of their way to excessively insult a civilian or go outside the boundaries set forth by the server rules.

no im pretty sure its like if someone shoots at you without engaging u can shoot back, ur not engaged but u can still defend urself so he should be fine

Guest G.O.A.T.
1 hour ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Street language is not frowned upon in the APD, you may RP freely as so long as you don't cross the lines of harassment, racism, and other extreme vulgarities.

16 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

Your course of action should be to report the person who called you that, ideally. It would also be up to the administration team at that point to deem whether or not the conversation as a whole was within RP. I'll redirect to @McDili.

8 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

no im pretty sure its like if someone shoots at you without engaging u can shoot back, ur not engaged but u can still defend urself so he should be fine

That's a deputy type question. If someone is directly shooting at you or another cop you can return fire in the act of self defense. Just a reminder when you engage one cop you engage all and every cop. With this rule you can rp casually with them as if you were playing with them. Ex. Cop "Hey did you ever fill your house yet?" 

Civ" I'm almost done, if you have any extra time later on can you help"

anther example. Cop "Hey I bet my hatch back could beat you quad bike on the race track"

Civ "No shit your gonna win" 

When the rule says as long as you do not go outside of server rule boundaries as in meta gaming asking a gang mate while on cop did you finish the meth processing yet? 

Two way street meaning it goes both ways the cop acts casually so does the civ

If you don't get that than just stick a professional manner while playing cop.

If I messed up on explaining anything or needs to be fixed please correct me.

19 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

it is racist because you are saying only black people can say it which is discriminating to other races...

this is a two-way street.

It's the way society and the public act. As a Caucasian in today's society, if you drop a hard "R" you can get into some trouble with some people. The people or person saying the hard "R" can be asked to stop saying it as it makes other people uncomfortable but as Goat said, if it becomes a problem then record and report. Let administration take care of it.

2 hours ago, G.O.A.T. said:

1. Officers are expected to treat all players with respect, this is a two-way street.

1 hour ago, RubberDuck said:

By two way street with respect does this mean the civs are expected to as well and if not all respect expected from the officer may be thrown out (in an non-excessive manner)?

29 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

Its worth noting this doesn't excuse rule quoting. If someone quotes rules, doesn't open the gate for you to do so.

This change is primarily to prevent people from trying to bait cops into unprofessionalism.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Matt The Savage said:

it is racist because you are saying only black people can say it which is discriminating to other races...

this is a two-way street.

Its not just black people. Its pretty much anyone that grew up in the hood. Growing up in the hood changes you and unites a group of people. Those people earn the right to say "nigga" without reprisal. 99% of the people on Olympus didn't grow up "in the hood", and judging by your reasoning, neither did you.

I'm from Chicago and teach in a low income, semi-"ghetto" school. I don't use the word, but I don't give my students shit for using it. They earned it through their hardships.

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, Lucki said:

Its not just black people. Its pretty much anyone that grew up in the hood. Growing up in the hood changes you and unites a group of people. Those people earn the right to say "nigga" without reprisal. 99% of the people on Olympus didn't grow up "in the hood", and judging by your reasoning, neither did you.

I'm from Chicago and teach in a low income, semi-"ghetto" school. I don't use the word, but I don't give my students shit for using it. They earned it through their hardships.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I could like this post 10 times I would

3 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

It's the way society and the public act. As a Caucasian in today's society, if you drop a hard "R" you can get into some trouble with some people. The people or person saying the hard "R" can be asked to stop saying it as it makes other people uncomfortable but as Goat said, if it becomes a problem then record and report. Let administration take care of it.

See my earlier post. The hard R makes no difference. If you say any variation of "nig" in a true urban area, you're going to get some shit, if not your ass beat. You won't have a chance to explain yourself, and you certainly won't win any resulting argument. 

Best recommendation, if you didn't earn the right to say it, avoid using it. Otherwise, its going to end up becoming a part of your common vocabulary and you'll end up using it in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've seen it happen, it ain't pretty. Just some good advice for RL.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DeadPool1337 said:

That's a deputy type question. If someone is directly shooting at you or another cop you can return fire in the act of self defense. Just a reminder when you engage one cop you engage all and every cop. With this rule you can rp casually with them as if you were playing with them. Ex. Cop "Hey did you ever fill your house yet?" 

Civ" I'm almost done, if you have any extra time later on can you help"

anther example. Cop "Hey I bet my hatch back could beat you quad bike on the race track"

Civ "No shit your gonna win" 

When the rule says as long as you do not go outside of server rule boundaries as in meta gaming asking a gang mate while on cop did you finish the meth processing yet? 

Two way street meaning it goes both ways the cop acts casually so does the civ

If you don't get that than just stick a professional manner while playing cop.

If I messed up on explaining anything or needs to be fixed please correct me.

It was a joke haha

2 hours ago, Matt The Savage said:

Only on Tuesdays

1 hour ago, Lucki said:

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

2 hours ago, Lucki said:

See my earlier post. The hard R makes no difference. If you say any variation of "nig" in a true urban area, you're going to get some shit, if not your ass beat. You won't have a chance to explain yourself, and you certainly won't win any resulting argument. 

Best recommendation, if you didn't earn the right to say it, avoid using it. Otherwise, its going to end up becoming a part of your common vocabulary and you'll end up using it in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've seen it happen, it ain't pretty. Just some good advice for RL.

I know that my school is 60% hood. I can't say the color black or anything that refers to dark with out being told to watch it.

54 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

It was a joke haha

Rip 20 minutes of my life