Would you download mods for an Olympus modded server?

Would you download mods?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you download mods

24 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The real question is, would new players download them?

The even better question is would we all want a 3rd server. We all know we need a 3rd server to even out all the cops and prevent spamming for 20 minutes.

• Like 9
25 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

The even better question is would we all want a 3rd server. We all know we need a 3rd server to even out all the cops and prevent spamming for 20 minutes.

+1, Summer will be here in 2 weeks and then those servers will be 111/111 all day long

• Like 1

Cops would have nothing to do with this issue.  A modded server is a whole another concept because you would need a completely different player base simply because you have to go out of your way to download the mod.  I think that there would be enough people willing to download it but the reality is it probably wouldn't stick around for long.  If it is well developed with a launcher that would be great and I think you would have a fairly consistent player base.  Also, it most likely wouldn't be an 111 slot server depending on what mods are running on it and what map it is on.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have mods on a server that add functionality, but people would still be able to join without the mods? So if people want the additional features, they need to go and download them, but otherwise they still have all the regular altis life stuff?

• Like 1

I voted no, my experience is that modded servers will not run as well as unmodded.  No matter what trickery is in place.

I would be all for the server allowing some client side mods.  The sound ones especially.

2 hours ago, DeadPool1337 said:

^This

1 hour ago, Mory Mango said:

If you could download a launcher that does all the work for you it could work.

Not even. There have been plenty of times where I connected to a server, saw something like "Download our easy to use all in one installer..." and I just "Nope" out of it, never to look at it again

Well, it could be a mod that wasn't required and would only change textures for vehicles or flags for example. Like a gang flag at a cartel which you can make your own, and you aren't required to have the mod to join, but having the mod will allow you to see those extra textures. Not having the mod would just revert them to a plain regular texture.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Bow said:

Well, it could be a mod that wasn't required and would only change textures for vehicles or flags for example. Like a gang flag at a cartel which you can make your own, and you aren't required to have the mod to join, but having the mod will allow you to see those extra textures. Not having the mod would just revert them to a plain regular texture.

Sadly easier said than done. 

5 hours ago, Poseidon said:

The real question is, would new players download them?

all the people that wouldnt download the mods just come on the server to rdm anyways, Olympus has a dedicated community already

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Can even out cops by limiting cop slots. Ez.

Then it lead to more spamming and who can get in first and who was waiting first or the longest