Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Engagement Consensus

Engagement Consensus  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you allowed to engage for other people whilst being restrained? (If you arent allowed to, admins you should really clear that up in the server rules cause ppl do it a ton)

• Yes
    • No

You can engage for someone while you are in restraints so long as it is not meta gaming 

For example your communications have been taken and you engage for you gang mate who is not within your visual range that is meta gaming (as you had no way to know to engage for him) 

Other example, your communications and GPS have been taken, and Greg tells you in side chat to engage for him and you do, that's meta gaming 

Correct me if I'm wrong 

Edited by Jeff Chaplin
  • Like 1
  • Community Manager

Allowed to engage in restraints, as stated before-hand if their comms are taken then its metagaming. They are not allowed to engage at any point once comms are taken.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Chaplin said:

42 minutes ago, Robinhood said:

4 minutes ago, Mako said:

Allowed to engage in restraints, as stated before-hand if their comms are taken then its metagaming. They are not allowed to engage at any point once comms are taken.

Couldnt you argue that if they were in your line of sight and earshot to hear the engagement that you could made the assumption they would want you to engage 

57 minutes ago, Robinhood said:

in our defense we tried getting prewritten messages changed. they didnt change it so we will continue to take advantage of it.

Considering the only part of the message that says who is initiating comes right after "Hands up or be gay" this should be completely invalid initiation in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Civak said:

Considering the only part of the message that says who is initiating comes right after "Hands up or be gay" this should be completely invalid initiation in my eyes.

our newest rendition fixes this, if it ever becomes an issue.

we're the best god damn fucking vigilantes on this server

3 hours ago, Silton said:

Here's mine

This should not be allowed

66a41ae21b9ed1efa093bc07e1b00c9c.png

Like for yes Hmmm for no

Probably the single most aids engagement text I've ever received. I was legitimately confused, mostly about my sexuality when I didn't put my hands up but also about who the fuck was about to shoot at me.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jeff Chaplin said:

You can engage for someone while you are in restraints so long as it is not meta gaming 

For example your communications have been taken and you engage for you gang mate who is not within your visual range that is meta gaming (as you had no way to know to engage for him) 

Other example, your communications and GPS have been taken, and Greg tells you in side chat to engage for him and you do, that's meta gaming 

Correct me if I'm wrong 

yeah i believe you're right, you can engage if you can see them or if your comms havent been taken, good job helping out Jeff.

5 hours ago, Silton said:

Here's mine

This should not be allowed

66a41ae21b9ed1efa093bc07e1b00c9c.png

Like for yes Hmmm for no

It isn't legal lol

When I was mod I banned for it but nobody ever reports it. So unless it has changed you need 5 seconds +the time to read the message. So yeah.

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

It isn't legal lol

When I was mod I banned for it but nobody ever reports it. So unless it has changed you need 5 seconds +the time to read the message. So yeah.

Honestly pre-written messages are ok to me as long as it clearly states who you are engaged with... this message is literally aids to read and the obvious point of it is to confuse the reader long enough to distract him and just shoot him. Ban this fool...

4 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

our newest rendition fixes this, if it ever becomes an issue.

we're the best god damn fucking vigilantes on this server

The only interaction I’ve had with y’all is when y’all followed the APD for the better part of 2 hours chasing some rebels from war zone and when we finally tazed and restrained most of them y’all got salty Bc you didn’t get any money so you took one of their ifrits... if it wasn’t for the last guy who killed the guys chasing you we woulda ripped your vigi license before you could even blink.

oh and just so you know don’t assume cops are on your side... most of them hate vigis because they try to steal bounties and are in general scummy people. Most cops will act nice and just wait to you fuck up then they will rip your license.

1 hour ago, Pledge said:

It isn't legal lol

basically this.... given the message it took me about 6-7 seconds to read and understand the message and who was involved...which means your engagement text, because of the aids format and irrelevant bs makes it like 11-12 seconds before you can pipe

basically if you wanna make a txt aids, put the hands up or die by X in the beginning, then add all the other crap after it... this way it takes like 1 second to understand what im being asked and if i dont who is going to kill me.

8 hours ago, Ajax said:

The only interaction I’ve had with y’all is when y’all followed the APD for the better part of 2 hours chasing some rebels from war zone and when we finally tazed and restrained most of them y’all got salty Bc you didn’t get any money so you took one of their ifrits... if it wasn’t for the last guy who killed the guys chasing you we woulda ripped your vigi license before you could even blink.

oh and just so you know don’t assume cops are on your side... most of them hate vigis because they try to steal bounties and are in general scummy people. Most cops will act nice and just wait to you fuck up then they will rip your license.

That wasn't us buddy LMAO, Try again. We know cops aren't on our side, and we expect the cops to be dick heads to us as vigis, because most are scum and it's reasonable to hate vigis. But we don't wait for no APD to raid warzone and follow them, we push cartels on our own accord. We don't give af if cops get the bounties either, we make way more money than any single cop, so it feels nice to let y'all get some scraps here and there.

Edited by TheVigiLord
8 hours ago, Ajax said:

Honestly pre-written messages are ok to me as long as it clearly states who you are engaged with... this message is literally aids to read and the obvious point of it is to confuse the reader long enough to distract him and just shoot him. Ban this fool...

salty? no. attempting to help and wanting to start some shit? yes. I took the frit and then flipped two other frits. brought a third frit into hq and you guys didnt close the gate and let them go. most of the APD doesnt have a brain so what else can we do.... snag the vigi license idc, i can get tier 3 back in a day.

personally i could give two shits about what the APD does. That day i wasnt following you guys i wanted frits and bounties. messaging you guys is just a way so i dont get tased and if im asked to leave i leave. Like you guys told me to leave when you had those ROSE guys.... which i did... in a frit 

Edited by Robinhood
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Ajax said:

listen to me you bryan silva looking motherfucker

the majority of APD officers don't have more than 2 brain cells and are worse than vigilantes.  I guarantee you as a vigilante, we have nothing to lose as our loadouts are dirt cheap.  scoring an ifrit is already a payout, so to think that we're salty is just counterproductive because it's in fact the opposite.

cops can

- detain you for more than 40 minutes (longer than a prison sentence) + their prison time if they don't pay the ticket.

- return to situations arguably quicker than any other faction

- usually mass zerg against gangs

- plenty more

you have so many benefits compared to vigis, it's sad you even consider us an issue.

silva.png.a3029c539a05be05b47b7bd852b5dc83.png

bryan.png

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
On 11/27/2018 at 12:32 AM, Pool Boy said:

listen to me you bryan silva looking motherfucker

the majority of APD officers don't have more than 2 brain cells and are worse than vigilantes.  I guarantee you as a vigilante, we have nothing to lose as our loadouts are dirt cheap.  scoring an ifrit is already a payout, so to think that we're salty is just counterproductive because it's in fact the opposite.

cops can

- detain you for more than 40 minutes (longer than a prison sentence) + their prison time if they don't pay the ticket.

- return to situations arguably quicker than any other faction

- usually mass zerg against gangs

- plenty more

you have so many benefits compared to vigis, it's sad you even consider us an issue.

silva.png.a3029c539a05be05b47b7bd852b5dc83.png

bryan.png

thanks for the view ;) we dont consider you an issue... its more like that one mosquito that flies around your ear... sure its annoying but once you slap it... aka rip its vigi license it usually doesn't come back. And honestly the fact that you decided to use my appearance as a roast is pretty sad. I mean you are probably giant greaseball that has his mom bring him food to his room to eat so you can be a vigi scum literally every second of the day.

Adios Amigos

Harry Potter out

@Deadpool