Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Cops in WZ

i kno i have made a bunch of status updates bout this stuff but what if cops had to pay for their loadouts after dying in warzone? like a little box popped up like the betting on saying pay for this # for your loadout? since its already saved and all.
is this possible. also i know all the higher ups in the apd are gonna hate this because they cant see civ's point of view. 

idk just an idea to balance stuff since cops dont even lose warpoints when dying to us or even money or anything at warzone or rebels

Edited by Evann

You already get warpoints for killing cops so its just easy loadouts for civs, if we are putting a death tax on warzone for cops then we should remove warpoints for cops kills in warzone 

@Evann I feel like most of the higher ups can see from a Civilian's point of view, but I digress:

I feel like the point of playing as an APD member is not only for the RolePlay but for the relaxed monetary deficits.  If you're not losing all your stuff when you are dying you are much more likely to stay on cop and play on cop for longer because you're earning money for when you play Civ, but also having a great time making new buddies and roleplaying.

Needing to pay for a loadout when you die in warzone (or for a loadout in general) will prevent most APD from entering warzone to begin with, unless they're in a large assault party.

35 minutes ago, Evann said:

also i know all the higher ups in the apd are gonna hate this because they cant see civ's point of view. 

df56da8180a3815de9d66ac20c727c8a.png 700 out of 2000 hours are on cop and i guess i can't see the civ side of it :thinking-face_1f914:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, J.Glenn said:

@Evann I feel like most of the higher ups can see from a Civilian's point of view, but I digress:

I feel like the point of playing as an APD member is not only for the RolePlay but for the relaxed monetary deficits.  If you're not losing all your stuff when you are dying you are much more likely to stay on cop and play on cop for longer because you're earning money for when you play Civ, but also having a great time making new buddies and roleplaying.

Needing to pay for a loadout when you die in warzone (or for a loadout in general) will prevent most APD from entering warzone to begin with, unless they're in a large assault party.

The difference is a lot of their time spent on cop is ruining civilians fights or runs, such as raiding war zone/patrolling with ghost hawks and much more. They need some sort of money sink so money leaves the economy rather than a massive influx of new money coming from playing cop

4 minutes ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

The difference is a lot of their time spent on cop is ruining civilians fights or runs, such as raiding war zone/patrolling with ghost hawks and much more. They need some sort of money sink so money leaves the economy rather than a massive influx of new money coming from playing cop

Money leaves the economy when Medics don't do their job and don't revive people in time and/or people respawn with gear sets on Civvie.  The whole idea behind the APD is that it is government funded and it is supposed to be overpowered as fuck so that people avoid (at least usually) direct confrontation with Police.  Because Corporal Tasers and MXs are OP af.

1 minute ago, J.Glenn said:

Money leaves the economy when Medics don't do their job and don't revive people in time and/or people respawn with gear sets on Civvie.  The whole idea behind the APD is that it is government funded and it is supposed to be overpowered as fuck so that people avoid (at least usually) direct confrontation with Police.  Because Corporal Tasers and MXs are OP af.

You can’t use the real life argument this is a game, yes there’s money sinks in other roles as there should be but that doesn’t account for the insane amount of money gained on cop with no real money sinks

8 minutes ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

You can’t use the real life argument this is a game, yes there’s money sinks in other roles as there should be but that doesn’t account for the insane amount of money gained on cop with no real money sinks

I can always use the real life argument.  We're a mid-tier Role Play server that tries to stick to realism when it can.  Whether it's in a realistic-looking Coast Guard skin for helicopters @Gluxdator ;) or the paint scheme in APD interceptors, or even in just the level of role-play intensity that goes on in both the APD and the R&R.  I can certainly use a real-life argument as ArmA is a MilSim by nature and Olympus does its best to stay true to that in several respects...

I wouldn't really say you earn an insane amount of money on cop unless you are actively involved, we take AFKing very seriously in the APD so no one does that.  I would say you honestly earn even less as a Cop than you do as an R&R member if you're actually roleplaying and doing your job correctly, you know i.e. (no robo-copping, pulling people over/confronting them for dumb shit (within reason)) 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, hawk said:

You already get warpoints for killing cops so its just easy loadouts for civs, if we are putting a death tax on warzone for cops then we should remove warpoints for cops kills in warzone 

we haven’t been getting warpoints for the last month and a half and probably won’t be actually fixed for another couple weeks because for whatever reason, the servers hold back important hot fixes for just including them in major updates.

• Like 3
Just now, J.Glenn said:

I can always use the real life argument.  We're a mid-tier Role Play server that tries to stick to realism when it can.  Whether it's in realistic-looking Coast Guard skins for helicopters @Gluxdator ;) or the paint scheme in APD interceptors, or even in just the level of intensity that goes on in both APD and R&R roleplay.  I can certainly use a real-life argument as ArmA is by nature a MilSim and Olympus does its best to stay true to that in several respects

I wouldn't really say you earn an insane amount of money on cop unless you are actively involved, we take AFKing very seriously in the APD so no one does that.  I would say you honestly earn even less as a Cop than you do as an R&R member if you're actually roleplaying and doing your job correctly, you know i.e. (no robo-copping, pulling people over/confronting them for dumb shit (within reason)) 

Okay so next time any Civs try using the real life argument I guess it’s fine so I expect the cops not to say they cant, and Medics definitely earn less than cops

Just now, Caleb Snackbar said:

Okay so next time any Civs try using the real life argument I guess it’s fine so I expect the cops not to say they cant, and Medics definitely earn less than cops

I've never heard a Cop say you can't use the real-life argument.

and you're not a Cop so you wouldn't know how much we earn. ;)

52 minutes ago, hawk said:

shows you dont play CIV because as of now we dont get warpoints for killing cops on cap

2 minutes ago, 1-800TryHards said:

shows you dont play CIV because as of now we dont get warpoints for killing cops on cap

Ah yes, I forgot that I am supposed to know every bug in the game to know how to balance the factions. The point is that you get warpoints for killing cops already, simply because it is bugged it doesn't mean we can add a death tax for cops on warzone. Let's say we added the death tax and then the bug got fixed, civs would be getting warpoints AND cops would have to pay for loadouts on warzone.

1 minute ago, hawk said:

Ah yes, I forgot that I am supposed to know every bug in the game to know how to balance the factions. The point is that you get warpoints for killing cops already, simply because it is bugged it doesn't mean we can add a death tax for cops on warzone. Let's say we added the death tax and then the bug got fixed, civs would be getting warpoints AND cops would have to pay for loadouts on warzone.

add a death tax after 2 waves of cops dying deps and POs will complain and not want to go back into warzone. If cops want to enter warzone for getting high bounties then its a risk they have to take to keep their gear.

Ask @Messy how profitable APD is. Paying for helis over and over majority of times I’m barely profitable. Going on civ and doing a 30 min run that’s pulls in 600-700k I can come up a few mil in a day. On medic I have 0 risk for the income made, and can pull a mil in an hour. Now there are days where APD can be very profitable, but pushing WZ all day isn’t going to do that for you. 

1 hour ago, [TC] Bobby Flay said:

As someone who has played both, medics do make more. Especially on high pop nights 

1 hour ago, snipeZ said:

:thinking-face_1f914:

1 hour ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

I have plenty of hours on both I know how much they make 

lmao Caleb, I think you're outmatched here bud.

Medics definitely make more than Cops, like @[TC] Bobby Flay said, especially on high-pop nights, free weekends, stuff like that.

• Like 1