Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

PSA - PLEASE READ - hacked cash/hacking etc.

1 minute ago, MAJOR PAIN 30 said:

i didnt make any runs last 2 days but i make fucking bank with 5 mill bets so can i request comp for that -_-

Whats "bank" and do you have video evidence, yada yada.

Just now, Zakaloko said:

this is rollback already happened?

Great grammar, didnt happen yet I think.

• Admin

Thanks @MAV !. I am guessing the 2 mill + I have done while playing cop this weekend will be gone with this rollback. No easy way to ask comp for that as I don't record all of my interactions. What do you suggest? I was not one that ever got hit with a 2 billion dollar bank account so I am just wondering. Thanks. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tim Jacob said:

Unfortunately, some of the community members are to blame for this need by trying to 'beat the system' and launder the cash. If everyone followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) below we wouldn't have to do this, we could easily remove the cash and move on.

Really?  You are blaming the community for a rollback? It is no wonder why a 14 year old can destroy your staff for such a long amount of time when this is the retarded bullshittery your reprisentitives spew.  Take ownership of the rollback.  You were unable to stop a hacker MULTIPLE times across multiple servers.  The comminity following SOP’s?? This is your statement of why the rollback is happening?? Are you fucking dull?  If this is the solution to stopping the server from rolling back next time this kid does it just turn the servers off and don’t bother turning them back on you fucking monkeys.

If you many of the members of the community didn't try and snake the money and hide it, we wouldn't need this. If those folks were honest, issue could be fixed in just a few hours.. not take days, weeks to track the money. So yes, some none hacking community members forced our hand... we know we have things to fix on our end, but wouldn't have to come to this if money in some cases didn't exchange 10+ peoples hands before finally stopping.

2 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Thanks @MAV !. I am guessing the 2 mill + I have done while playing cop this weekend will be gone with this rollback. No easy way to ask comp for that as I don't record all of my interactions. What do you suggest? I was not one that ever got hit with a 2 billion dollar bank account so I am just wondering. Thanks. 

Submit a comp and we will work on figuring out what you lost together once the rollback happens.

3 minutes ago, Squeezy said:

Do you guys know when you will do the rollback or has that not been determined yet?

Not going to rollback until we fix the problem.. until then... enjoy :)

• Love 1
  • Owner
21 minutes ago, Tim Jacob said:

Unfortunately, some of the community members are to blame for this need by trying to 'beat the system' and launder the cash. If everyone followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) below we wouldn't have to do this, we could easily remove the cash and move on.

Really?  You are blaming the community for a rollback? It is no wonder why a 14 year old can destroy your staff for such a long amount of time when this is the retarded bullshittery your reprisentitives spew.  Take ownership of the rollback.  You were unable to stop a hacker MULTIPLE times across multiple servers.  The comminity following SOP’s?? This is your statement of why the rollback is happening?? Are you fucking dull?  If this is the solution to stopping the server from rolling back next time this kid does it just turn the servers off and don’t bother turning them back on you fucking monkeys.

You're a freaking dense retard. There were more then a handful of idiots that took all that hacked cash and hacked warpoints and either went ape shit transferring it to their gang funds or spent it. I banned people that have spent over 1 BILLION of hacked cash. I have infinite money and even I cant fucking do that in a day or two. I saw people buying 100's of jets, 100's of HEMMITS, buying gang sheds on all three servers, transferring money to gang funds, doing 100 mil bets in side chat, buying out everything. There has been BILLIONS of dollars transferred throughout the server, 1,000's of RPG's, suppressors, and weapons purchased with the warpoints, and over all its been a free for all wasteland. If some members of the community used their fucking brain for once then we wouldnt have to resort to a rollback, and would just adjust their money/warpoints accordingly. So yes, we ARE blaming members of the community for the rollback that we intend on doing. Our devs are working hard on the anti cheat system to make sure it doesnt happen again, so maybe if you were patient instead of sitting on your ass complaining and doing nothing you will see we are trying our best. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

I mean this is great and all but we still dont have the past months donation rewards. ETA on bank

We're playing catch-up on many of the donation goals because we've been dealing with BS like this which unfortunately takes dev time to fix. The next update which is 99% ready will not include bank, BUT knocks out many of the outstanding donation goals including some other goodies. This update will be one of the biggest content updates we've had in a long while!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

I mean this is great and all but we still dont have the past months donation rewards. ETA on bank

You're right instead of working on solving the issue with hackers, we'll just drop that and work on the dono goal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you unban the people who where spending the money? Or is it all our fault. becaus I'm quite certain that had the hacker not hit the server the people who abused the money would not be banned. if theres a roll back we should be unbanned for spending it. 

• Owner
Just now, Pledge said:

So, question for the good of the group (that I may know the answer to)

Will APD and RnR times logged from now till rollback count?

I believe times wont be effected since they are completely different tables in the database. Could be wrong though so @Fusah or @ikiled can confirm.

1 minute ago, [w] said:

When will the roleback take place???

1 minute ago, Noowbie said:

So many responses so I may have read over this, but two questions:

1.) When will the servers be rolled back?

2.) Should I even keep trying to make money or wait until rollback?

Rollback date can best described as soon - community OG's know this as 12 units

2 minutes ago, Unjo said:

So can we go wild with gear from houses and expect it to be returned

Rollback means FULL rollback... everything in the database will be reset

9 minutes ago,  Tim Jacob said: 

Unfortunately, some of the community members are to blame for this need by trying to 'beat the system' and launder the cash. If everyone followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) below we wouldn't have to do this, we could easily remove the cash and move on.“

If you many of the members of the community didn't try and snake the money and hide it, we wouldn't need this. If those folks were honest, issue could be fixed in just a few hours.. not take days, weeks to track the money. So yes, some none hacking community members forced our hand... we know we have things to fix on our end, but wouldn't have to come to this if money in some cases didn't exchange 10+ peoples hands before finally stopping.

Yet again your lack of logic is baffling.  Who was stupid enough to hire you as the voice of reason for anything.  TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE ROLLBACK.  The issue I have is that your stance is that the rollback is happening because people laundered the money.  How did that happen?  How did it take so long to ban a teenager?  Why did you not INSTANTLY roll back after he was banned?  OLYMPUS left the $$ in the economy for a long enough amount of time, and the servers stayed up, for anyone to take advantage of it.  Again, that comes back to OLYMPUS’ lack of action that caused issues.  How about instead of expecting a comminity to follow SOP’s in a situation like this, which is a completely utopian idea that WILL NOT EVER WORK, update your own SOP’s for a situation like this to yield CONTROLLABLE results.  You are not in control of people trying to launder the $$, but you are in control of allowing them the opprotunity.  This is all happening because of Olympus and a hacker, not any part of the community.

3 minutes ago, Pledge said:

So, question for the good of the group (that I may know the answer to)

Will APD and RnR times logged from now till rollback count?

Probably will not count (last time i remember this being the case), so sAPD and sRnR should either work on tracking times daily until rollback or give a hall pass :)

@ikiled @TheCmdrRex @Fusah can confirm though

• Owner
Just now, BillRampage said:

Can you unban the people who where spending the money? Or is it all our fault. becaus I'm quite certain that had the hacker not hit the server the people who abused the money would not be banned. if theres a roll back we should be unbanned for spending it. 

Nope. We will not guarantee unbans for the people that have spent money, as we did send out a warning previously in which most decided to not follow. The cause for this rollback is because of the people we ended up banning for throwing money around like its candy, so unfortunately they will not be rewarded.

• Like 1