PSA - PLEASE READ - hacked cash/hacking etc.

I see when you guys will roll back to but when is the roll back going to happen... can’t really play it’s a mute point. Didn’t feel like reading every single meme on this post so are we waiting on a update for the roll back or we just standing by to stand by. The one week I have away from my girl the servers are fucked mans. JW 

3 minutes ago, Umbrella | Nemesis said:

I see when you guys will roll back to but when is the roll back going to happen... can’t really play it’s a mute point. Didn’t feel like reading every single meme on this post so are we waiting on a update for the roll back or we just standing by to stand by. The one week I have away from my girl the servers are fucked mans. JW 

they are fixing there anti cheat then they are going to roll it back i belive

Don't know if you guys can make an automated script that bans/kicks all the people that try to join the server who don't have more then lets say 0-30 hours on the server/arma?

That way u get to kick/ban them even before they could join in to do damage/fuck things up.

Limit wire transfer money to lets say 20-30 mil max,anything above that amount would result a player kick from the server.

46 minutes ago, Agent 0331 said:

One question. If we did legit runs and followed server rules and guidelines. How will we know for certain we get the compansation back from it? Should we just keep tabs on what we do as evidence?

If you can provide evidence for comp it’s obviously better, but it’s been stated that the logs will be preserved and they can still verify your claim for comp. 

3 hours ago, Nightmaree said:

Don't know if you guys can make an automated script that bans/kicks all the people that try to join the server who don't have more then lets say 0-30 hours on the server/arma?

We can but the problem is a high % of players have their game stats publicly hidden which would trigger false bans

20 minutes ago, MAV said:

We can but the problem is a high % of players have their game stats publicly hidden which would trigger false bans

Can easily do the server based off the playtime stored in the array for faction minutes... Arma time, yes. However, most accounts are bought so doing Arma playtime is retarded anyways.

"Unfortunately, some of the community members are to blame for this need by trying to 'beat the system' and launder the cash. If everyone followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) below we wouldn't have to do this, we could easily remove the cash and move on."

Take ownership of the situation. You're in charge. You messed up.

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

@McDili - Did you ask me if I wanted Olympus ever?

To answer it before Dili chimes in though... he never did. The agreement was that we'd both leave together for the most part. Dili wasn't enjoying his time and such. I wasn't necessarily at that very moment either. So we both parted. I don't recall our conversation post leaving. However, it was very quick to ask Peter (Almost in the same hour or two of us talking about leaving on snapchat). I didn't really even consider me getting owner as being on the table. I don't really recall much of it anymore as it's a far thing of the past... 

The first person asked was Peter.

Plus, IF I recall correctly, it was generally said that Peter would be the next owner. I also, did not feel polite/correct asking for owner of it. Had I been offered it I would've taken it, which it wasn't really known to me that I could have had it, had I asked. However, I'm not that type of person to just be "Like hey, step down from owner, give me it, see ya later". Especially when Dili and I said we'd both leave at the same time.

To expand on this, I would have absolutely given it to Jesse had I known he was interested in it.

The mindset was "When Jesse leaves, I lose arguably the best Altis Life developer in the altis life community" and I didn't want to deal with anything less, in addition to that I really wanted to go play games more with Jesse as we didn't spend a lot of time doing that while running Olympus. Interestingly enough, when we left, Jesse and I pretty much split and went our own way (Mostly me going to play BDO)

I never anticipated that he wanted to be the owner. I assumed when he would quit that he wanted nothing to do with Altis life in general anymore, when we talked about quitting we were discussing how aspects of our life were neglected and so on. The decision to give it to Peter Long was not made because I thought he would be better than Jesse nor was it based on our friendship, he just seemed the best candidate with the assumption that Jesse and Myself were not in the pool.

I wish Jesse had asked about it at the time, him being Owner and me being Head Admin or something would have been much more manageable for both of us I think and we probably wouldn't have quit.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

To expand on this, I would have absolutely given it to Jesse had I known he was interested in it.

The mindset was "When Jesse leaves, I lose arguably the best Altis Life developer in the altis life community" and I didn't want to deal with anything less, in addition to that I really wanted to go play games more with Jesse as we didn't spend a lot of time doing that while running Olympus. Interestingly enough, when we left, Jesse and I pretty much split and went our own way (Mostly me going to play BDO)

I never anticipated that he wanted to be the owner. I assumed when he would quit that he wanted nothing to do with Altis life in general anymore, when we talked about quitting we were discussing how aspects of our life were neglected and so on. The decision to give it to Peter Long was not made because I thought he would be better than Jesse nor was it based on our friendship, he just seemed the best candidate with the assumption that Jesse and Myself were not in the pool.

I wish Jesse had asked about it at the time, him being Owner and me being Head Admin or something would have been much more manageable for both of us I think and we probably wouldn't have quit.

Sounds like an unlucky miss communication :/

3 minutes ago, Tayte said:

Honestly the hacked money would ruin the economy and game, there would be no other way of doing this efficiently. A good decision I think overall that has to be made.

Would? Why are you saying all this as hypothetical. The server is currently chaos (which I love btw), and devs are struggling to finally make a functional anti cheat. Managment didnt own up for the situation at the time, and it ended up blaming its players. This experience as a community has been everything but good. Toxicity is goin up, people are starting to blame eachother and players are starting to value olympus less and less every day. This process will require a lot of patience, and if it isnt fixed soon it might leave Olympus struggling. This really is "The ultimate test". This will define everyone's Arma 3 experience in the community, from managment to players.

Now I wanna throw some toxic shit here:
Managment you fucked up. Took wayy to long and yeah, fuck you. Welp, thats it.

2 hours ago, McDili said:

Love you Dili!

2 hours ago, Hadi'sLilBro said:

I mean if anything it just made the server less grindy(:

Bralls if you think Life server's are supposed to be played this way, than you're an idiot. Also, stop ban evading you tard.