Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Remove the ability to raid houses

Remove the ability to raid houses  

67 members have voted

1. 1. stupid as shit u can spend hours getting stuff and some cop is camping your house for 3 days and finally catches you and gets 5-6m worth of stuff taken. Should it be removed?

• Yes
    • No

There are apprentley "unwritten rules" that SAPD can't camp a piece of property for more than 15+ minutes

Beware though, "unwritten rules" cant be copy pasted into a support channel cus they dont exsist and SAPD tend to play by a different handbook anyway

• Like 2

Camping gang sheds and houses definitely feels pretty shitty. But for someone to hide in a house or doing drug runs out of it that you just do happen to see I don’t see anything wrong with that. 

• Like 1

ok so civs complain about roleplay all day but they dont want their houses to be raided when its probably full of rebel sets / drugs etc. just use some common sense and your house wont get raided lmao were already nerfed arent you happy

• Like 1

@HaveASeatSir
I'm sure everyone would agree that it really sucks to get a house or gang shed raided. Although that is a fair statement, you have to realize that many things in this game and particularly on this server can suck. Just because something sets you back a few million dollars, does not qualify it to be defined as overpowered or unfair.

It is especially frustrating when it appears that APD was "camping" the property. I personally have wanted to introduce my skull to the inside of my bedroom wall after a few situations. After multiple defenses against APD waves, I saw the old | - Bots - | gang shed get raided for somewhere around 20 or 30m. I've gotten an AT off-road seized immediately after retrieving it from my garage through the gang shed. I've been tased by the APD right after spawning at the gang shed (which nobody else in the gang was near).

It should be obvious how frustrating these situations were, but I don't share those stories to turn around and say that raiding houses should be removed. Think of it this way: the rules against combat storing do not include storing virtual or physical items in houses. If raiding was removed, players (especially larger gangs) would have the ability to hold off the cops long enough to store drugs, gold bars from federal reserve robberies, money bags, or whatever else. Then, the APD would totally be shit out of luck. Although I love the idea of all of my houses being totally raid-proof, I have to admit that it would just be unbalanced.

After some of those frustrating situations happened, I probably said in discord: "fucking APD camping the shed again!". This usually is not the case though. I once saw an APD officer camping in a 4-crater by one of our properties, but that is the only time that I have ever had proof of actually camping. Most of the time, my own lack of luck or tunnel vision was the cause of my property getting raided. Out of the numerous occurrences of something getting raided or searched, they couldn't have been camping - I just had bad luck.

Additionally, because of the gang you are in, most of the time, the APD knows exactly what you do to make money. I often see them come flying down the MSR after checking DP22, passing by the gang shed slowly, shooting down to moonshine processor, and crossing through DP24 and DP25 on their way back up to the MSR. They have their route, and the chances that they will see or hear you in one of those towns is high. You just have to be careful. I don't have access to any footage of you actually finding APD literally camping, so I am going to assume that you were the victim of a patrol such as this.

As stated by @Unjo, if APD is actually camping your shed (and I mean literal camping), there are consequences that those officers could face - but this is assuming that the APD sitting at your property for however long and that you have some sort of indisputable evidence. Ironic to see you on this thread Unjo.

My advice to you @HaveASeatSir, just understand what protocol the APD follow and what gives them probable cause to search your property. That's the best thing you can do to protect yourself. Other than that, invest in a house that is not easily scouted from high-APD-traffic routes. If not that, invest in multiple houses to spread your processed drugs at. The later is better because you will take less of a loss if you do end up getting caught.

Edited by Noahhh!
  • Like 2
  • Hmm 1
  • Clown 1

why should you be able to have a safe zone for illegal items? this makes no sense to me. as apd part of their job is to stop people from selling drugs, because they are illegal. meaning you get charged for it. meaning it will be searched off you give probable cause. if you can’t figure out a way to not get caught, don’t do illegal runs. also, don’t run with illegal weapons because those can also be seized and I can see you hate that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cinematic said:

Would agree if there wasn't allegations of the server owner selling money fundamental issues with the server.

i would agree with you if you didnt camp rebel island on tanoa with an ak12. I WILL NEVER FORGET

ight, cops got nerfed a shit ton, I personally dont mind but some others will and they will fuck you over and they will sit outside your house 24/7. Deal with it, dont fucking use ur house while they are outside and fuck thats it, no need to cry about it. use common sense and hit ur shots and ull be good.

• Admin

Nope. Not a good idea. If you want the server to offer even les RP just go play wasteland. 
Civs complaining about cops not role playing are just mad because they got caught as they themselves don’t role play for shit. 
Wait... that was a different topic. Still a valid point. 

• Like 1