Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

When players talk about player reports

Guest Skateezy

On the positive side you admins/mods should take it as a compliment you have so many spergs complaining about minor wait times. Shows they love the server.

Go work a government job and you'll quickly get over a couple week wait times.

Oh ffs. Really? People don't give a shit about the little rule breakers? F@#$ off. The little ones are the ones who get away with it all the time and that's part of what is pissing people off. 

We may aggro the f*** out of cops and other gangs, but we don't INTENTIONALLY break rules unless it's stupid shit inside the gang that both people have agreed to (for the most part). If we break a "spoken rule" and it's not on the server rules, tbh you're right the rules can't cover everything, but saying "the rules can't cover every specific situation, so use common sense when playing" IS LAZY. If someone breaks an unspoken or spoken rule, they shouldn't be punished for it. At least not the first time. And if that rule is being broken consistently, it should be added to the official rules in order to solidify it's validity.

Yeah, people slip up and you're not paid to do this admin stuff, but at the end of the day you did volunteer for the position. I gotta say, I appreciate that because we need people to be on staff. To @ThatNerdyGuy if you're that worried about talking to people, why are you on staff? And if you don't like talking to people that much I assume it's because you don't want to hear the bitching from both sides. If that's the case why don't you take the judge Judy approach and just "if you don't shut up and start making sense I'm gonna rule in the other guys favor." I don't see many people on Judy talking over each other after that and the ones that do get wrekt.

There's a lot of frustration on both sides and I get it, but one of the sides doesn't really get to make any decisions or enforce any rules and is only on the receiving end of the shit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hylos said:

Fuck lads looks like staff is gonna be forced to quit their jobs to do player reports now

@Ryan better get that checkbook ready. Might need to dip into that Minecraft money to afford me though.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hylos said:

Fuck lads looks like staff is gonna be forced to quit their jobs to do player reports now

I guess you didn’t read the fine print when you accepted that senior admin promo you dumb bitch

1 hour ago, Grandma Gary said:

Proof or it didn't happen.

Your fivehead is an international airport

@MontyStein my issue isn't talking to people, my issue is dealing with two kids screaming at each other before anything even happens on the admin side. That's why our system works as it is now.

24 minutes ago, MontyStein said:

And if you don't like talking to people that much I assume it's because you don't want to hear the bitching from both sides.

I mean, that is literally the reason for tickets. You make your report, staff looks at it and then responds with whatever is necessary, then you respond and the situation gets resolved. I don't think you guys realise. This. Is. A. Game. People are on here to have fun, staff included. Don't expect them to be sat there waiting for tickets, they will also be playing Cop, Medic and Civ just like everyone else. They want to have fun and relax, tickets aren't relaxing. They take time and energy to make sure that the report is legit, the rule was broken and there isnt any funny business with the evidence, just to then still have people bitching and moaning that staff are shit because there is a bit of a wait time for their report. What difference does it make? If a rule was broken the kid's gonna get banned. It doesn't have to be instant.

When it comes to the whole not wanting to talk to people face to face scenario. Sure some people are going to talk to the staff in a sensible manor, however the majority of people are just going to start screaming and shouting at the staff member because they're too dense or don't care enough to realise that they are in the wrong and need to take the punishment. I have been in multiple situations where I've banned people and tried to talk to them instead. It just doesn't work in most cases.

1 minute ago, Grandma Gary said:

Good point, I'm not sure if we should reruit someone who would prioritze real life over Arma.

Good call!

Honestly it's a fat -1 from me. If they don't plan on being staff for like 5 years like you what's the point to even hiring them in the first place? #OlympusLifers

4 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Good point, I'm not sure if we should reruit someone who would prioritze real life over Arma.

Good call!

Ikr what kind of idiot would do something like that?

Wait a second....

• Kappa 1
21 minutes ago, Stuuurrt said:

I mean, that is literally the reason for tickets. You make your report, staff looks at it and then responds with whatever is necessary, then you respond and the situation gets resolved. I don't think you guys realise. This. Is. A. Game. People are on here to have fun, staff included. Don't expect them to be sat there waiting for tickets, they will also be playing Cop, Medic and Civ just like everyone else. They want to have fun and relax, tickets aren't relaxing. They take time and energy to make sure that the report is legit, the rule was broken and there isnt any funny business with the evidence, just to then still have people bitching and moaning that staff are shit because there is a bit of a wait time for their report. What difference does it make? If a rule was broken the kid's gonna get banned. It doesn't have to be instant.

When it comes to the whole not wanting to talk to people face to face scenario. Sure some people are going to talk to the staff in a sensible manor, however the majority of people are just going to start screaming and shouting at the staff member because they're too dense or don't care enough to realise that they are in the wrong and need to take the punishment. I have been in multiple situations where I've banned people and tried to talk to them instead. It just doesn't work in most cases.

You're right, this is a game. Most people want the game to be at least plausibly fair and balanced. Man, I know the staff also want to play and have fun, I don't expect them to be watching 100% of the time. That's just not physically or reasonably possible. You also have to think that STAFF SIGNED UP FOR THIS. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If they don't want to do the thing THEY SIGNED UP FOR, why are they staff?  Yeah there's a bunch of tickets on here I'm sure haven't been looked at for weeks/months. Shit

happens, stuff falls through the cracks. It is just getting more regular and chasm like and that's what I don't like.

Tbh, for these f2f convos I understand why people don't like them. People need to be respectful and honestly it SHOULD operate like a judge Judy courtroom because that's a reasonable approximation of what's going on. You gotta be respectful of the staff and the other player or shit isn't going to go your way. I'm not sure what would be fair enforcement of this would be, but that's how I feel the f2f interactions should go. Obviously at the end of the day evidence and sound arguments are King, but being able to have a reasonable conversation is a pretty excellent second priority.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MontyStein said:

You're right, this is a game. Most people want the game to be at least plausibly fair and balanced. Man, I know the staff also want to play and have fun, I don't expect them to be watching 100% of the time. That's just not physically or reasonably possible. You also have to think that STAFF SIGNED UP FOR THIS. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If they don't want to do the thing THEY SIGNED UP FOR, why are they staff?  Yeah there's a bunch of tickets on here I'm sure haven't been looked at for weeks/months. Shit

happens, stuff falls through the cracks. It is just getting more regular and chasm like and that's what I don't like.

Yes, they signed up for this. THEY ARE DOING IT. It's not the staff's fault theres been an influx of tickets. They aren't going to be forced to do it either, the way the staff works is that they will do tickets at their own leisure, if they dont dont any for an extended period of time then they will be spoken to. but there are so many aspects to being staff. The amount of messages that you get on the forums, on teamspeak and ingame is ridiculous. Tickets are only a portion of what the staff do.

2 hours ago, Bloodmoon said:

Who let this guy on civ council?

LOL I see your very classy.

3 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Imma just break this down.

1. If members of the support team are breaking rules submit a ticket.

2. APD don't enforce server rules, the only thing close is sending people to jail who blatantly break rules.  

3. "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule" Every situation can't possibly be covered by the rules which is why we have "Not all rules can be listed so use common sense when playing." At the very top of the rules.  

4. Live bans have always been a thing, if one of us is in game and either we see a rule break or someone messages staff saying X is breaking a rule and we go witness it why is banning then and there a bad thing?

5. What is the issue with being told to submit a ticket?  We can't give out comp based on peoples word because people would take advantage.  Could you imagine a system where someone came and said Exner21 just RDMed and we banned you being viable at all?  We also don't give a time frame for when a ticket will be looked at.

6. Are you seriously saying a ticket that hasn't been looked at for 5 days causes people to leave the server?

Also to the dudebanger below you who complained about getting blown up by admins spawning in jets I think you are confusing jets with hackers cause none of our jets or armed choppers deal damage to players unless specifically placed into an event.

TLDR Tickets take as long as they take if you can't handle tickets not being instantly resolved maybe don't check their status ^_^

All I see is the same excuses. And same method of diverting players to put in reports. As well as every admin coming on here to try and justify everyone's actions. Its not hard to view video evidence on the spot or even spectate players. Its a whole lot of excuses. And less of what players on the server actually want. But hey all of the player on the server are probably wrong and the admins are probably right.

and all rules can easily be made public and adjusted. Another excuse

Edited by Exner21
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

LOL I see your very classy.

All I see is the same excuses. And same method of diverting players to put in reports. As well as every admin coming on here to try and justify everyone's actions. Its not hard to view video evidence on the spot or even spectate players. Its a whole lot of excuses. And less of what players on the server actually want. But hey all of the player on the server are probably wrong and the admins are probably right.

Another thing you need to realise is that tickets are reviewable. If a staff member bans off of a video and theres no ticket, theres nothing showing what they banned for. Also tickets are one of the ways that staff activity is gauged. If theres no ticket, theres no proof that thy are being an active staff member.

2 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

@MontyStein my issue isn't talking to people, my issue is dealing with two kids screaming at each other before anything even happens on the admin side. That's why our system works as it is now.

your in teamspeak man. that's a crapy excuse

4 minutes ago, Stuuurrt said:

Another thing you need to realise is that tickets are reviewable. If a staff member bans off of a video and theres no ticket, theres nothing showing what they banned for. Also tickets are one of the ways that staff activity is gauged. If theres no ticket, theres no proof that thy are being an active staff member.

I can do a ticket in about 3mins. this is an excuse. I would be willing to put the ticket in and then talk with an admin

Edited by Exner21
  • Carrot Kid
35 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

its not hard to view video evidence on the spot or even spectate players.

26 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

can do a ticket in about 3mins. this is an excuse. I would be willing to put the ticket in and then talk with an admin

Why does the video need to be reviewed on the spot instead of in a ticket at a later date? Why does it matter that the dude gets banned ASAP? It's a lot more efficient to sit down and do a bunch of tickets than wait for people to join teamspeak and have a problem.

If somebody messages me to spectate someone, I'll almost hop on and spectate if I'm not busy (usually for scripting, etc). Randomly spectating people isn't really productive, and most server rule breaks can't be resolved with spectate because a lot of context is missed (engagement, etc).

• Like 2