Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Conquest - 2020-10-14 - Server 3 (test)

2 minutes ago, Zurph said:

Everyone (besides staff) has said there needs to be a bigger pay out. we have been saying it for months now and it has not happened and from what i hear its not going to happen. If they wont fix money and everyone participating thinks there should be more money, why would people waste their time on trying to provide more ideas if they wont fix that?

Who said they're not fixing money? I need some suggestions SOMTHING ANYTHING Increasing the pot wont change much as it was 100m so any increases would be useless. I believe they're should increase top 3 percentage. Others reckon only top 3 get paid. Please people saying nothing is the reason it wont get changed.

• Carrot Kid
51 minutes ago, Zurph said:

Looks like u guys are turning a good idea into a money sink. Cartel fighters are not rich, i dont see why you guys think we should not make money from this.

Don't see how you think we're making this a monkey sink? We literally took conquest from server 1/2 and put it on s3 with 2x points and 2x initial pot to see what would happen. In all, close to 40m was spawned from thin air and the other 75 came from lost loadouts.

Ultimately, I'm not very opposed to adding a bit to the initial pot given the duration of the fight, we may end up doing that - or maybe tweaking something different, idk what the best solution is.

Remember that this is the first time we've actually used this mission, the purpose was literally to figure out what needed to change, so feel free to leave any other feedback you might have, we've heard the complaints about money.

33 minutes ago, Zurph said:

SFA got 1.5 mil and they did not even place thats like 600k less then us and we won.

SFA got 7.2m, y'all got 29m with a 10% winning bonus. You had more than twice as many players as them. More players -> less money, pretty simple.

Y'all got less money individually than you might on s1/s2 during smaller conquests because you had more people and only had 28% of the points (ie, the fight was split a lot).

39 minutes ago, YaBoiNate said:

only bug was deposit box after lmao

wym?

33 minutes ago, Zurph said:

Only people that should get money is the people that are on at finish of the conquest

Imagine fighting for an hour and a half and you don't get any money because you logged out? I'll pass.

32 minutes ago, Zurph said:

how defensive you are getting at people that talk shit about this https://gyazo.com/31f46889579c8db3ff87ab13a8fe02af.

yItlPmgk_1602728697.png

If you think posts like that are actually going to help encourage me (or any dev) to work more on a mission exclusively for cartel players, you might have the freezer temperature IQ.

• Hmm 1

Jokes aside fun conquest and hope we can see it on other maps later on. I had a bug that when I spawned in at the very start of conquest I didn’t have my shield protection and I was killed instantly by another player leaving rebel. 

More money would be nice to see though 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Zahzi said:

Don't see how you think we're making this a monkey sink? We literally took conquest from server 1/2 and put it on s3 with 2x points and 2x initial pot to see what would happen. In all, close to 40m was spawned from thin air and the other 75 came from lost loadouts.

Ultimately, I'm not very opposed to adding a bit to the initial pot given the duration of the fight, we may end up doing that - or maybe tweaking something different, idk what the best solution is.

Remember that this is the first time we've actually used this mission, the purpose was literally to figure out what needed to change, so feel free to leave any other feedback you might have, we've heard the complaints about money.

SFA got 7.2m, y'all got 29m with a 10% winning bonus. You had more than twice as many players as them. More players -> less money, pretty simple.

Y'all got less money individually than you might on s1/s2 during smaller conquests because you had more people and only had 28% of the points (ie, the fight was split a lot).

wym?

Imagine fighting for an hour and a half and you don't get any money because you logged out? I'll pass.

yItlPmgk_1602728697.png

If you think posts like that are actually going to help encourage me (or any dev) to work more on a mission exclusively for cartel players, you might have the freezer temperature IQ.

couldn't access deposit box after it said couldn't open wait 60 seconds and I think there is no money in it

Didn't get to attend conq s3 bc I'm sick but even if it was TERRIBLE which it doesn't seem like it was yall are hating on the devs wayyyy to much lol. In the words of jerrod, "God gave you apples, but you upset cuz u wanted oranges." Smh my head

• Like 1

@Zurph

I understand why you want only the top 3 gangs to get money and as it makes sense you guys are the best gangs and deserve to compensated as so. The main issue against this is that many other smaller gangs that can't reliably get a top 3 position will not show up if they won't get compensated at all. I can understand changing the percentages more to reward the top gangs more but I don't think I gotta argue more for why making only the top 3 gangs make money is out of the question.

The only other option is make the initial pot bigger or reduce the amount of money people not in the top 3 make by a percentage and give that to the rest but I honestly don't know if that's needed

24 minutes ago, Zahzi said:

wym?

yItlPmgk_1602728697.png

38 minutes ago, Zurph said:

Everyone (besides staff) has said there needs to be a bigger pay out. we have been saying it for months now and it has not happened and from what i hear its not going to happen. If they wont fix money and everyone participating thinks there should be more money, why would people waste their time on trying to provide more ideas if they wont fix that?

5 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

@Zurph

I understand why you want only the top 3 gangs to get money and as it makes sense you guys are the best gangs and deserve to compensated as so. The main issue against this is that many other smaller gangs that can't reliably get a top 3 position will not show up if they won't get compensated at all. I can understand changing the percentages more to reward the top gangs more but I don't think I gotta argue more for why making only the top 3 gangs make money is out of the question.

The only other option is make the initial pot bigger or reduce the amount of money people not in the top 3 make by a percentage and give that to the rest but I honestly don't know if that's needed

paved is a brainlet and if he is upset with the dev team he can go play a different server or maybe learn a real life skill that isnt arma 3

increasing the top 3 bonus and increasing the initial pot both make more money spawn in from nowhere, and theres already a lot of money being generated, but i'd be down the skew the percentages a bit more in favor of top 3. fighting in a conquest that long and only getting 1.2m definitely sucks, and that number should be closer to 2 or 3m, but gangs that zerg are always gonna make less money than gangs that get a lot of points with few players, and that really shouldnt change because thats what makes small gangs play

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Zurph said:

Looks like u guys are turning a good idea into a money sink. Cartel fighters are not rich, i dont see why you guys think we should not make money from this.

They have made multiple efforts to boost conquest to make it more viable for cartel fighters but it just seems like its at point where you guys want to log on the server make 5m for conquest each to play for the week. You guys are trying to play the game without playing the game rn.  you should not be able to log onto the server and finically sustain yourself if all you are doing is fighting in warzone. You guys can also extend out make money from fed, runs etc. but being able to play once a week in warzone and have enough money when u log off for a week a cap fighting just seems super unbalanced.

• Like 2

what i think is good is that either all gear prices on s3 should be 50% cheaper than on s1/s2 or make the pay-out point based so the more points every gang has the more money u get. also it should only give money to the people that are on when it ends and not to people who got a kill/death and logged of.

Edited by Extacy
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Zurph said:

Only people that should get money is the people that are on at finish of the conquest, and change the percentages per placement. SFA got 1.5 mil and they did not even place thats like 600k less then us and we won. Im assuming you helped put this together on how defensive you are getting at people that talk shit about this https://gyazo.com/31f46889579c8db3ff87ab13a8fe02af. you should probably look at this pay out situation as if you were coming from another server and you are trying olympus cartel life out. but your not, you are playing with the devs and you have been on the server for like 4 years so you dont have to worry about money.  I have also heard you bragging multiple times in my discord on how zahzi gives you money and pulls frits for you. So please mr Civilian council, try looking at this in a different stand point.

SFA got like 1.04m In the 1st round, as we only got 3k points as we had 4 ppl on. Kinda retarded that you got 3.33 times our points and only got 1m more 

Edited by Hoggie
9 hours ago, GG Mk1 said:

They have made multiple efforts to boost conquest to make it more viable for cartel fighters but it just seems like its at point where you guys want to log on the server make 5m for conquest each to play for the week. You guys are trying to play the game without playing the game rn.  you should not be able to log onto the server and finically sustain yourself if all you are doing is fighting in warzone. You guys can also extend out make money from fed, runs etc. but being able to play once a week in warzone and have enough money when u log off for a week a cap fighting just seems super unbalanced.

This guy gets it.

58 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

runs take to long for the money you get from them 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:08 PM, Zurph said:

Agreed. More more = more fights = happier player base. 

Overall s3 conquest was fun as hell and should happen more often. 

Honestly I haven't played that shit yet. But the first one I saw was a 100mil pot and plague got like 1.4 mil each after a 2 hour conquest. Not trying to hate on anyone but on GTA theres players dying 10+ times with mk1 loadouts still making their money back and a loadout or 2 extra.