My thoughts on server merg testing

Noble

• Admin

More then anything, I have been surprised by this new testing. In the past day i have seen this

1. WAYYYYY more new players.

Im talking 20 people, not in gnags, just brand new players. I have enjoyed helping a few of them with buying trucks what guns to buy ETC.

2. Worst medical services ever. 

There was a time when an EMT would drive to meth pro just to get someone up. In the past day i have died 3 times and all 3 have been bleed outs. there were 10 medics on including S&R an i will still bleed out 1km from a hospital. I have not seen this many afk medics sense the old Gambling medic days.

3.No wars?

Im not too sure what the reason for this is but out of the 15 new gangs i saw, 3 wanted to war. Its sad to see so many people not want such a fun aspet of the server AND of course still talk shit in side chat 

4. People are complaining way too much about this testing.

Ryan already said he has no plans on closing server 2 but I think the silnt majority approves of his because no one wants to do afk runs for 5hrs and fall asleep  

6. Cops

I worry about a 15 stack SAPD that is going to run around almost totally uncontested railing all runs people (especially new players seeing there is a large infulx and everyone needs money)

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1
22 minutes ago, Noble said:

2. Worst medical services ever. 

There was a time when an EMT would drive to meth pro just to get someone up. In the past day i have died 3 times and all 3 have been bleed outs. there were 10 medics on including S&R an i will still bleed out 1km from a hospital. I have not seen this many afk medics sense the old Gambling medic days.

LMAO i guarentee this isnt bc of server merge its bc staff are doing medic events and spawning tanks for them and shit lol. Not saying its all a bad thing bc its really funny but thats why people arent getting revived with 10+ medics on 

23 minutes ago, Noble said:

6. Cops

I worry about a 15 stack SAPD that is going to run around almost totally uncontested railing all runs people (especially new players seeing there is a large infulx and everyone needs money)

This used to be a normal thing back when both servers had good pop because cops actually want to play on a server with people and no one had a problem with it. Also runs get checked more bc there is literally NOTHING to do when there isnt a federal event (including banks and pharms) going on.

However i do think civs will get pushed away when they continuously get tased and there guns taken bc sapd is reinforcing this rule to never let civs keep illegal weapons under any circumstances. 

• Downvote 1
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Monks said:

However i do think civs will get pushed away when they continuously get tased and there guns taken bc sapd is reinforcing this rule to never let civs keep illegal weapons under any circumstances. 

This is really sad to hear you guys are being told what to do by 30yo freaks that dont even know the player base well. The relationship with dep-corp is usually a good one but the disconnected between player and SAPD is larger then ever before and in my opinion needs help in some way 

1 minute ago, Noble said:

This is really sad to hear you guys are being told what to do by 30yo freaks that dont even know the player base well. The relationship with dep-corp is usually a good one but the disconnected between player and SAPD is larger then ever before and in my opinion needs help in some way 

I agree in most situations. Some times coordination between Srs and Jrs is ok but with stuff like this new fed rule where seniors can ask juniors to leave and not attend feds i expect a lot of Po's and deputys to miss out on fun events and stuff even tho they were on the server when it started. I've talked to @1thedoc some tho and i believe he is working to turn some of that stuff around which i really respect. So we will see what happens.

• Like 1
Just now, Monks said:

I agree in most situations. Some times coordination between Srs and Jrs is ok but with stuff like this new fed rule where seniors can ask juniors to leave and not attend feds i expect a lot of Po's and deputys to miss out on fun events and stuff even tho they were on the server when it started. 

Yea, lets just stack every fed so the civs never win.

11 minutes ago, Monks said:

this is Just fake news, I have no problem with letting new players keep their weapons if they are interactive, not an asshole, and weren't doing a pharma, bank, etc.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, Monks said:

LMAO i guarentee this isnt bc of server merge its bc staff are doing medic events and spawning tanks for them and shit lol. Not saying its all a bad thing bc its really funny but thats why people arent getting revived with 10+ medics on 

Explains why I bled out in sofia with 7 medics on, only to respawn in kav and get killed by a medic.  Salt in the wound.  Admins should make an announcement before this stuff. 

Edited by anti
1 minute ago, Bloodmoon said:

Yea, lets just stack every fed so the civs never win.

I'm not saying this should be completely off limits to tell people to not attend feds so they have a chance. I'm also not specifically talking about you when i say this. I'm just expecting for juniors to join fed channel when a fed starts, and within 5 minutes a senior will log on and tell them to leave so they can lethal everyone. And i don't think its dumb to assume that non lethaling cops will be told to leave more than lethals.

3 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

this is Just fake news, I have no problem with letting new players keep their weapons if they are interactive, not an asshole, and weren't doing a pharma, bank, etc.

Also not specifically talking about you. But a good amount of seniors have been telling me that everyone gets there weapons seized if it is illegal in any way.

• Clown 1
  • Owner
1 hour ago, Noble said:

6. Cops

Honestly, im gonna have to disagree with you on this one chief. As of recent, ive noticed the sAPD have been more then fair with players and the balance aspect of things. A prime example would be how as soon as we announced the S2 downtime, they approached me to make a change for federal events in order to give Civs a better chance. TLDR the change states the a sAPD member can split off cops from an event in order to limit the cops responding and give civs a chance. 

• Like 6
  • Admin
1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Honestly, im gonna have to disagree with you on this one chief. As of recent, ive noticed the sAPD have been more then fair with players and the balance aspect of things. A prime example would be how as soon as we announced the S2 downtime, they approached me to make a change for federal events in order to give Civs a better chance. TLDR the change states the a sAPD member can split off cops from an event in order to limit the cops responding and give civs a chance. 

I have a VERY strong suspicion that the main goal of this is to have room for more seniors instead of PO and Deps. No way to tell until we try i guess 

• Clown 1
  • Lead Map Designer
Just now, Noble said:

I have a VERY strong suspicion that the main goal of this is to have room for more seniors instead of PO and Deps. No way to tell until we try i guess 

Yeah, sorry but that's just wrong.

• Like 1
  • Weird 1
  • Owner
Just now, Noble said:

Well when I was approached regarding it, they stated it was to specifically balance the civ vs apd numbers, instead of having a perma 25 stacks of cops. If you see/feel that this ability is abused in the future, feel free to hit up the chiefs and they will handle it appropriately im sure.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Monks said:

1b1709414fafc184869ac03d84a9c5ab.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Yeah, sorry but that's just wrong.

Let me set an example for you. Lets say there is 10 cops on that are all deps and pos and are getting railed at a fed. Then 3 seniors log on and realize that there is only 7 civs at the fed. Do you think they will tell the juniors to leave or they will leave themselves? 

3 minutes ago, Monks said:

Let me set an example for you. Lets say there is 10 cops on that are all deps and pos and are getting railed at a fed. Then 3 seniors log on and realize that there is only 7 civs at the fed. Do you think they will tell the juniors to leave or they will leave themselves? 

1st off 7 man fed they deserve to lose, but considering there's no lethals and there are deputies so they basically do nothing, then I would have me and one other senior come and tell the third to leave.

• Like 2
  • Weird 1
Just now, Bloodmoon said:

1st off 7 man fed they deserve to lose, but considering there's no lethals and there are deputies so they basically do nothing, then I would have me and one other senior come and tell the third to leave.

Ok, if this is deemed true then so be it i was wrong. But rn with a lot of seniors mindsets I feel like that wouldn't be the case and they would kick some juniors out. But it is possible that i'm wrong and we will just have to see.

• Like 1

The changes regarding numbers in the APD is positive, but I agree to what @Monks is illustrating. This effectively can lead to only certain APD members responding to fed, bank, etc while lower ranks won’t get to enjoy the experience as much.

I think they just need to make the  conscious decision to switch up the roster periodically instead of closing off said content to lower ranks.

15 minutes ago, Fiend said:

This effectively can lead to only certain APD members responding to fed, bank, etc while lower ranks won’t get to enjoy the experience as much.

That rules doesn't really apply to banks. Technically seniors can tell you not to go to banks but that will basically NEVER happen.

15 minutes ago, Fiend said:

I think they just need to make the  conscious decision to switch up the roster periodically instead of closing off said content to lower ranks.

They can't really do that because feds are random. They aren't planned on a schedule, whatever cops see the fed channel or are online at the time are the ones who respond.

My problem isn't with the rule itself, but with how it could be used. Most po's and deps might actually be happy that they don't have to attend a fed and they can go sit in kav for 30 more mins. But ik there are some po's like how i was that really enjoy going to feds and at least attempting to contribute, and now they may not get to because seniors would rather just lethal everyone.

1 hour ago, anti said:

Explains why I bled out in sofia with 7 medics on, only to respawn in kav and get killed by a medic.  Salt in the wound.  Admins should make an announcement before this stuff. 

imagine dying to a medic

This is my take on it:

-The reason there has been new players in the past day is because the game went on sale on Steam. 

- I feel bad for S2 players not being able to access their houses/sheds. I would complain too if I couldn’t get on my main server. 

- I personally thought the server temporarily shut down was because cartel players and cops wanted more people however, I actually don’t mind many cops being on because it’s more motivating to do a BW/fed and obvi scatting in kav. 

- As for the medics, literally cannot stand medics at all. Annoying but it’s all we got so... 

- For Wars.... come on, you’re apart of N which is a big gang that might scare smaller gangs which is why they may not accept wars.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Monks said:

That rules doesn't really apply to banks. Technically seniors can tell you not to go to banks but that will basically NEVER happen.

They can't really do that because feds are random. They aren't planned on a schedule, whatever cops see the fed channel or are online at the time are the ones who respond.

My problem isn't with the rule itself, but with how it could be used. Most po's and deps might actually be happy that they don't have to attend a fed and they can go sit in kav for 30 more mins. But ik there are some po's like how i was that really enjoy going to feds and at least attempting to contribute, and now they may not get to because seniors would rather just lethal everyone.

I know these events are random. But I’d suck if there is an active deputy that is on daily and he gets blocked out of certain events that he looks forward towards. By roster I just mean “okay x, you were at the fed, so y do you want to come to the bank?”

22 minutes ago, Fiend said:

I know these events are random. But I’d suck if there is an active deputy that is on daily and he gets blocked out of certain events that he looks forward towards. By roster I just mean “okay x, you were at the fed, so y do you want to come to the bank?”

Would never work, wouldn't be worth keeping track of.