Deep Dark Secrets Of SAPD

On 4/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Hate to be that guy but since I left, Senior APD has been steadily circling the drain. This is because those at the top are so far removed from the Junior APD and even some other Senior APD their perception of the reality of the faction they run is far from the truth. As I said before it’s a shame that @ Winters  doesn’t even make an effort to play. Let alone the fact that some of those at the top of chain don’t want to play with certain Juniors. Your job is to play with Junior APD, when I was a senior the expectations were the same for all of Seniors. Quite frankly this is the type of bullshit I would expect from an incompetent Chief. But I don’t think that @ Winters  is incompetent. I just think it comes down to this, you’re either unwilling or unable. You can fix unable, you can’t fix unwilling. 

He's busy playing cricket with some crumpets and tea. Can't jerk around with the normal plebs

• Like 1
On 4/30/2023 at 9:26 PM, ThatNerdyGuy said:

You want to actually fix this from happening? Where the Chief has been in his position so long that he has become complacent and caused the overall health of the faction to drop? Term limits of one year for the Chief of Police. Only way they can serve longer than one year is if the current Chief leaves within one year they can stay for what would've been a year since the previous Chief became Chief. An example of this would be the US rule that the VP and take over for the President in the event of their death or resignation and the time they are President after doesn't count towards their two term limit(there is a limit of 10 years total but this wouldn't be applicable).

Long story short, if someone stays at the same position while in the leadership of a faction for too long they are bound to make the mistakes of those before them or even worse.

Must have been a part of his 10 hours a week to look at this post.

I know I aint apd nor have I , but i feel like i must weigh in on this, I think it should be an elected position. Given to them by the entire APD. It would promote activity from the Chief and would incentivize the SrApd to actually interact with the fellow members of APD. Each voted term would be like a one year term, unless they do something like *cough* @ Winters . In my opinion someone that is in charge of a Faction should be active in said faction, not just with the seniors but with the entire faction. @ Iceman  You should come over to RnR 

23 hours ago, Moonini said:

On god I’ve never seen a collective hatred on oly before 

When Ares pretty much got "couped" out of Ownership.... @ Ryan . NGL kinda feels the same although it's not flooding the status updates.

22 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

If you had a job, and that job let you just fall asleep at your desk every day without saying anything... you're gonna sleep at your desk.  If asking a dept head is an acceptable norm, it isn't going to stop until supervisors of the position assert the boundaries. 

The only "supervisors" Winters has in the position of Chief of Police are Sr. Staff. In most cases, they will not step in or get involved unless completely necessary. In this case, if a coup were to occur. They would not do it on their own. They would supervise it after the rest of Sr. APD decided to coup Winters (In that case it would still require a majority of Sr. APD to agree on the coup).

Even though it would be Sr. Staff it would also have to be a collective of them agreeing on whatever it may be for them to decide. Not just any Sr. Staff can overstep Winters, the only ones that can really do that are Gary, Ryan, and Jay/Zahzi (and it's quite rare for them to ever step in).

TLDR: Sr. Staff won't do shit unless the majority of Sr. APD agree to coup or do something.

20 hours ago, Rafa said:

While I believe that’s the result of a bad game of telephone, acting as if you were forced out or flat out removed is equally as duplicitous 🙂 

I mean it's quite clear that it was a brown handshake out. This is VERY common amongst the Sr. APD, it has honestly happened more than it should have ever happened (just look at all the retired whitelists). This exact thing has also occurred previously under GOAT as chief & Winters as dept. chief.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Millennium said:

I mean it's quite clear that it was a brown handshake out. This is VERY common amongst the Sr. APD, it has honestly happened more than it should have ever happened (just look at all the retired whitelists). This exact thing has also occurred previously under GOAT as chief & Winters as dept. chief.

i think the biggest issue is it was because he couldnt make a 10 hour minimum which is completely fucking stupid.... people have lives outside of this community and enforcing a 10 hour minimum when you dont even put a  minute in is absolutely retarded

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
56 minutes ago, Eddy Spagooti said:

enforcing a 10 hour minimum when you dont even put a  minute in is absolutely retarded

Actually Eddy, He put a few minutes on civ today!

• Downvote 1

This is a lot to digest with morning coffee and I am full of disappointment boys and girls. 

@ Iceman  I am sorry to see you've lost your rank. You are an extraordinary leader, always making yourself available to junior members. I know that I personally asked you a number of times to do interviews for new deputies that had been waiting a while for them and you nearly always did. In events, you led without being toxic and helped junior members perform better. I have always respected you for the things you do differently than so many others. I can only imagine how upset you are right now. I, also, know how busy you are irl and I get it. Unfortunately, parameters were set and unmet. And it is deplorable that the APD is reduced to only weighing a very small picture when measuring the performance of people now instead of looking at the entire picture. Again, my condolences, your loss is already felt. 

As to the current status of the APD,

Being the unofficial server mom comes with its perks and its afflictions. I am blessed to have been able to get to know so many players and play in nearly every gang at one point on the server. I'm, also, fortunate enough to have somehow snuck into the APD with my terrible skills and feeble attempts at actually playing this game.  While its no secret the APD is not my first love #teammedic I do enjoy the people I play with and overall playing with APD members.  I hear a lot of feedback, sometimes opinions that are not shared elsewhere. Mostly I get asked for advice on how to handle things. 

So here is my advice to my Olympus family. It does not -just- apply to this situation but to life as well. You are only in control of what you do, you cannot control others, nor can others control you. In each situation, you have to decide for yourself what you will and will not tolerate, how you will act, what is enough to warrant a change, etc. Sometimes creating a coup, or essentially protesting for a change will work and sometimes it won't. You need to decide what you will do if nothing changes. And for now, it appears nothing is going to change within the APD. Take your next step. Or don't, but don't complain when nothing changes.

For me its simply this. As of this moment, I resign from the APD. It is no longer enjoyable nor something I want my name attached to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:

Ahhh so who do you think should be chief

On 4/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, monster said:

better to have an inactive chief rather than another chief like GOAT.

I don't think there should be a change in chiefs.

sure Winters isn't as active as people believe a chief should be, but other than that is there really something standing out that he's doing wrong or are you just lashing out because he refuses to unblacklist you or give you an age exception?

2 minutes ago, monster said:

I don't think there should be a change in chiefs.

sure Winters isn't as active as people believe a chief should be, but other than that is there really something standing out that he's doing wrong or are you just lashing out because he refuses to unblacklist you or give you an age exception?

the things winters does are unprecedented never once has a chief been inactive for that long, and yeah its mainly the age exception lul

1 minute ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:

the things winters does are unprecedented never once has a chief been inactive for that long, and yeah its mainly the age exception lul

So like I said, it's just the inactivity and lack of an age exception that are the issue, and that really isn't the defining point of whether or not a chief should be replaced.