Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

New PC again.

So I learned today, on accident, that the Titan X Pascal not only exists but is also in stock.

So uh, entirely new PC time. Normally I build my PCs, built the last three. But decided this time around to buy prebuilt from Originpc. I have my reasons for this, but I am fully aware that I am being frivolous with this purchase.

CPU: 6850K OC (Hex core)

GPU: Titan X (Pascal) OC

RAM: 32GB Kingston 3000MHz DDR4

SSD: PCIe Intel 750 1.2TB Max Read speed of 2500MB/s and Max Write of 1200MB/s(Just to compare, my 1TB Samsung 850 EVO is ~500MB/s read/write)

Can't remember name of PSU (I closed the link and can't check email at work) but it's a Corsair 1000W gold certified.

CPU Cooler is maintenance free sealed liquid cooling.

Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe II

Also bought two new ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440p 144hz 1ms g-sync monitors.

This is by no means anything close to something I'd ever recommend to anyone, this is an enthusiast PC all the way. For me, 144hz is very important to me. Upon learning about the Titan X Pascal and doing about 4 hours of research it looks like it's going to handle 1440p at 100+ FPS in many games. For me 1440p has been something I've always wanted to do but felt like having a constant FPS over 100 was not realistic with the GTX 1080 so I stuck with 1080p. I'm very excited to be playing at 1440p with high frames. Also, I'm generally speaking about games. I don't expect a big difference in ArmA 3 and tbh the CPU I got isn't the best choice for it either, but I wasn't buying specifically for ArmA anyway.

Merry Christmas to me, motherfuckers.

9 minutes ago, Joel said:

I was thinking about upgrading to a 1080 t1080 houghts? 

1080 TI is coming out in January, and will be pretty close in certain regards to the Titan X Pascal. And it's cheaper than the Titan. So yeah, wait a month and then decide.

Isn't ArmA 3 CPU and/or server bottlenecked once you're using a top tier GPU? When I went from a GTX 770 to a 1070 my peak in-town populated server FPS didn't really change, but the settings I can use at that max FPS got much better.

I'm really curious about how much performance can be squeezed out via CPU upgrades and RAM speed. I'm already on an SSD, so my main avenues for improvement are upgrading from my 3770k or getting RAM that's better than DDR3 1600 -- main question is whether I might see anything more than a 10% gain.

How much does this cost I'm looking to buy or build a new PC so I'm looking around for best builds for amra.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

I already called dibs fuck off lucki... I'm rusty level poor atm 

Look at my signature..... that's my PC.....

44 minutes ago, Orgondo said:

Not building it yourself really hurts my soul, however getting that PCI-E SSD makes me so beyond fucking jelly

I actually love building, it's a hobby at times. But Origin's PC builds are held in very high regard including their CPU cooling and their overclocks. So I wanted to check it out for myself and kind of go crazy and see how it compares to my current build in addition to making it the new primary PC of course.

And yeah that SSD, from what I understand it's quite literally instant everything.

22 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

Isn't ArmA 3 CPU and/or server bottlenecked once you're using a top tier GPU? When I went from a GTX 770 to a 1070 my peak in-town populated server FPS didn't really change, but the settings I can use at that max FPS got much better.

I'm really curious about how much performance can be squeezed out via CPU upgrades and RAM speed. I'm already on an SSD, so my main avenues for improvement are upgrading from my 3770k or getting RAM that's better than DDR3 1600 -- main question is whether I might see anything more than a 10% gain.

Yes. ArmA 3 is very CPU dependent which is why I mentioned that the 6850k isn't the best CPU for ArmA 3 because it's a hex core, which means the single-core performance isn't as good as the 6700k. However, with the overclock I'm getting the difference should be negligible.

19 minutes ago, Lucki said:

Jesus Christ, McDili.... They must treat you REAL well at this job. What are you doing with your old parts?

Not sure yet. Been wanting to build a server for network storage for a while now. I'll probably convert my current build into that soon so I don't have to use HDDs on my primary PC.

8 minutes ago, DeadPool1337 said:

How much does this cost I'm looking to buy or build a new PC so I'm looking around for best builds for amra.

The Titan X Pascal is about 1,200 on its own. The entire build here (And I left a lot of parts and accessories out of my list btw) came out to about 6300. (7400 with the monitors)

3 hours ago, McDili said:

So I learned today, on accident, that the Titan X Pascal not only exists but is also in stock.

So uh, entirely new PC time. Normally I build my PCs, built the last three. But decided this time around to buy prebuilt from Originpc. I have my reasons for this, but I am fully aware that I am being frivolous with this purchase.

SSD: PCIe Intel 750 1.2TB Max Read speed of 2500MB/s and Max Write of 1200MB/s(Just to compare, my 1TB Samsung 850 EVO is ~500MB/s read/write)

Can't remember name of PSU (I closed the link and can't check email at work) but it's a Corsair 1000W gold certified.

This is by no means anything close to something I'd ever recommend to anyone, this is an enthusiast PC all the way. For me, 144hz is very important to me. Upon learning about the Titan X Pascal and doing about 4 hours of research it looks like it's going to handle 1440p at 100+ FPS in many games. For me 1440p has been something I've always wanted to do but felt like having a constant FPS over 100 was not realistic with the GTX 1080 so I stuck with 1080p. I'm very excited to be playing at 1440p with high frames. Also, I'm generally speaking about games. I don't expect a big difference in ArmA 3 and tbh the CPU I got isn't the best choice for it either, but I wasn't buying specifically for ArmA anyway.

That's a solid 1,000 FPS in 4k on Club Penguin

3 hours ago, McDili said:

I actually love building, it's a hobby at times. But Origin's PC builds are held in very high regard including their CPU cooling and their overclocks. So I wanted to check it out for myself and kind of go crazy and see how it compares to my current build in addition to making it the new primary PC of course.

And yeah that SSD, from what I understand it's quite literally instant everything.

Yes. ArmA 3 is very CPU dependent which is why I mentioned that the 6850k isn't the best CPU for ArmA 3 because it's a hex core, which means the single-core performance isn't as good as the 6700k. However, with the overclock I'm getting the difference should be negligible.

Not sure yet. Been wanting to build a server for network storage for a while now. I'll probably convert my current build into that soon so I don't have to use HDDs on my primary PC.

The Titan X Pascal is about 1,200 on its own. The entire build here (And I left a lot of parts and accessories out of my list btw) came out to about 6300. (7400 with the monitors)

So are you looking for a house maid? I'm pretty sure you can afford it tbh..... well afford me.....

5 hours ago, McDili said:

we need to see the picture off the beast powered up though dili