Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

The cops on these servers are trash

Yes, i made an account PURELY to grieve about this issue in hopes that one of the admins will see this and do something about it. 

The cops, at least on server #1, are ridiculous, corrupt, and have the law IQ of my 7 year old cousin. I was landing my newly bought chopper before i logged off for the night and a cop chopper pulled in behind me and dropped 3 cops who started screaming for me to get down and put my hands on my head. Mind you, the most illegal thing i had done to this point was not land on the helipad. As soon as I was restrained i was put in the back of a chopper and flown to the station. I asked if, at any point, i was going to be read my Miranda Rights, "Deputy" Marcos didn't seem to even know what those were until i explained it to him like a 5 year old and then replied "you have no rights on this island". I asked why I was pulled over in the first place and was told that my vehicle "matched the description of my personal vehicle"... i had bought the helicopter 5 minutes prior to this encounter. I'm a Law and Justice major which means every time i see a little internet role play cop I laugh a little to myself before basically making it my job to drill them and see if they know actually know ANYTHING and they (all of them) know next to nothing. So @ all you internet cops here's some basic things you should learn if you're gonna pretend to be a cop:

- People can be detained/stopped ONLY with probably cause unless it's a state approved checkpoint. 

- If a person is not read their Miranda rights, the entire case is invalidated.

- Unless a person voluntarily rides with an officer to the station, a person's rights MUST be read before they can be transported ANYWHERE against their will (this prevents police officers from just grabbing random people, throwing them into a car, and driving off).

- If a person is not read their Miranda rights during the arrest phase then it's unlawful confinement (and usually results in multi million dollar lawsuits).

- House raids cannot be executed without the warrant of a judge. Even with probable cause, officers may not enter households without a warrant. They must have proof that the house is a potential crime hub and present it to a judge before they can execute the search warrant (I've seen 4-5 raids in the last month and considering there's no judge, technically none of them are legal). 

There's a long list of infractions from my numerous encounters with cops on this server. The cops are essentially another gang without a name. They take who they want, when they want, where they want, for whatever reason. Every time i see a cop now i go the other direction because chances you get detained or stopped for absolutely no reason is basically inevitable. I know it's just a game but if you're going to pretend to be a police officer at least try to get the most basic "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say... etc." stuff down. The funny thing is that the guy who was doing the talking asked where i kept my licenses and said he was going to "pat me down". This nerd role play patted me down in a video game but wont even try to role play the communication aspects of being a police officer (and communication is like 99% of the role play lol). Having a faction that allows people's game time and assets to be taken away run by a bunch of power hungry 15 year old's is ruining the server.

p.s. if you need me to come teach them BASIC laws and citizen protection acts so that they can be shitty pretend cops instead of abysmal, let me know.

Edited by Perrin
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 23
7 minutes ago, Perrin said:

Yes, i made an account PURELY to grieve about this issue in hopes that one of the admins will see this and do something about it. 

The cops, at least on server #1, are ridiculous, corrupt, and have the law IQ of my 7 year old cousin. I was landing my newly bought chopper before i logged off for the night and a cop chopper pulled in behind me and dropped 3 cops who started screaming for me to get down and put my hands on my head. Mind you, the most illegal thing i had done to this point was not land on the helipad. As soon as I was restrained i was put in the back of a chopper and flown to the station. I asked if, at any point, i was going to be read my Miranda Rights, "Deputy" Marcos didn't seem to even know what those were until i explained it to him like a 5 year old and then replied "you have no rights on this island". I asked why I was pulled over in the first place and was told that my vehicle "matched the description of my personal vehicle"... i had bought the helicopter 5 minutes prior to this encounter. I'm a Law and Justice major which means every time i see a little internet role play cop I laugh a little to myself before basically making it my job to drill them and see if they know actually know ANYTHING and they (all of them) know next to nothing. So @ all you internet cops here's some basic things you should learn if you're gonna pretend to be a cop:

- People can be detained/stopped ONLY with probably cause unless it's a state approved checkpoint. 

- Unless a person voluntarily rides with an officer to the station, a person's rights MUST be read before they can be transported ANYWHERE against their will (this prevents police officers from just grabbing random people, throwing them into a car, and driving off).

- If a person is not read their Miranda rights during the arrest phase then it's unlawful confinement (and usually results in multi million dollar lawsuits).

- House raids cannot be executed without the warrant of a judge. Even with probable cause, officers may not enter households without a warrant. They must have proof that the house is a potential crime hub and present it to a judge before they can execute the search warrant (I've seen 4-5 raids in the last month and considering there's no judge, technically none of them are legal). 

There's a long list of infractions from my numerous encounters with cops on this server. The cops are essentially another gang without a name. They take who they want, when they want, where they want, for whatever reason. Every time i see a cop now i go the other direction because chances you get detained or stopped for absolutely no reason is basically inevitable. I know it's just a game but if you're going to pretend to be a police officer at least try to get the most basic "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say... etc." stuff down. The funny thing is that the guy who was doing the talking asked where i kept my licenses and said he was going to "pat me down". This nerd role play patted me down in a video game but wont even try to role play the communication aspects of being a police officer (and communication is like 99% of the role play lol). Having a faction that allows people's game time and assets to be taken away run by a bunch of power hungry 15 year old's is ruining the server.

p.s. if you need me to come teach them BASIC laws and citizen protection acts so that they can be shitty pretend cops instead of abysmal, let me know.

Did you read the rules? I would look at the server and the APD master hand book. 

You have gotta be a fucking moron, First you took the time to write a paragraph about a low rp server where cops dont even have to rp with you if they dont want too and if you think every cop on the server knows about the law in real life. you are just a straight fucking retard. Not everyone goes to law school, apparently you do but thats not confirmed. Still if you drill the APD for not knowing the real law you needa play on a server that requires cop to rp. Good luck finding one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Kreygasm 1
4 minutes ago, Perrin said:

---

This is a light RP server. 

Go to ALRP or A3L if you are interested in heavier RP. 

There is no requirement to read rights on this server. There are no judges to issue warrants. Warrants are self-issued on the requirements that are listed in the APD Handbook. 

I am willing to bet you had a nice bounty on your head, and that is why they arrested you. That being said, if you feel that cops broke any rules that violate the APD handbook, feel free to submit an APD Application that will server as an Internal Affairs report. If you feel they broke a server rule, submit a Player report. Both of these can be done here: https://olympus-entertainment.com/support/ 

Feel free to drill cops about their roleplay, however a good chunk of them probably won't care as this is a daily thing for most of them. 

• Like 2

1. This inst a HARDCORE role play community, we all didn't get white listed here.

2. This isn't America, you don't have the same rights.

3. Land in places your supposed to land?

4. Cops are corrupt, yeah got no fix for that except don't allow them to be in gangs cause its dumb af, the meta is real tbh. 

5. We don't have judges, they raid with probable cause. 

6. I have a gun on my back 90% of the time, and I'm innocent, and the cops don't lay a hand on me, they check if I have a bounty and move along or talk to me and have some RP. 

re

17 minutes ago, Perrin said:

The cops, at least on server #1, are ridiculous, corrupt, and have the law IQ of my 7 year old cousin.

L u L.

TI was landing my newly bought chopper before i logged off for the night and a cop chopper pulled in behind me and dropped 3 cops who started screaming for me to get down and put my hands on my head. Mind you, the most illegal thing i had done to this point was not land on the helipad. As soon as I was restrained i was put in the back of a chopper and flown to the station. I asked if, at any point, i was going to be read my Miranda Rights, "Deputy" Marcos didn't seem to even know what those were until i explained it to him like a 5 year old and then replied "you have no rights on this island". I asked why I was pulled over in the first place and was told that my vehicle "matched the description of my personal vehicle"... i had bought the helicopter 5 minutes prior to this encounter. I'm a Law and Justice major which means every time i see a little internet role play cop I laugh a little to myself before basically making it my job to drill them and see if they know actually know ANYTHING and they (all of them) know next to nothing. So @ all you internet cops here's some basic things you should learn if you're gonna pretend to be a cop:

The Miranda warning, which also can be referred to as a person's Miranda rights, is a right to silence warning given by police in the United States to criminal suspects in police custody (or in a custodial interrogation) before they are interrogated to preserve the admissibility of their statements against them in criminal proceedings.

b9657cea075b0bc916532e50bc492e33.png

The island of Altis is a Mediterranean island off the eastern coast of Sicily.

0b11138db78379532f18af978b057e9c.png

Very... very... interesting..... it's almost as if this is a GREEK island not the UNITED STATES. Let me remind you, this is a SOFT rp server not the United States justice system. 

Once again. SOFT RP. If I truly feel like wasting my time I can pull you over for literally the TINEST thing. Aka being parked in the middle the road. and when I pull you over, by all means I don't even have to say a word to you, I don't need to tell you: "You have the right to remain silent.". This is a Soft RP server, so please, if you feel that an officer was wronged in your situation but by the sounds of it, he's fine. Feel free to submit a report. But I highly suggest you look into our APD handbook, and read the server rules. You will then figure out that, cops don't need to do that. ;)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

This is a light RP server. 

Go to ALRP or A3L if you are interested in heavier RP. 

There is no requirement to read rights on this server. There are no judges to issue warrants. Warrants are self-issued on the requirements that are listed in the APD Handbook. 

I am willing to bet you had a nice bounty on your head, and that is why they arrested you. That being said, if you feel that cops broke any rules that violate the APD handbook, feel free to submit an APD Application that will server as an Internal Affairs report. If you feel they broke a server rule, submit a Player report. Both of these can be done here: https://olympus-entertainment.com/support/ 

Feel free to drill cops about their roleplay, however a good chunk of them probably won't care as this is a daily thing for most of them. 

Explain to me the point of a (light) role playing game type if the only people who would potentially be required to take a part in the role play choose not RP to ruin it for others? i know im not the only one who's dealt with the corruptness of cops. Literally the only difference between what happened here and what happens when you get kidnapped is i ended up in prison instead of missing a kidney. You're the "Chief" of Police, you should have SOME interest in law. 

13 minutes ago, buckie said:

You have gotta be a fucking moron, First you took the time to write a paragraph about a low rp server where cops dont even have to rp with you if they dont want too and if you think every cop on the server knows about the law in real life. you are just a straight fucking retard. Not everyone goes to law school, apparently you do but thats not confirmed. Still if you drill the APD for not knowing the real law you needa play on a server that requires cop to rp. Good luck finding one.

1) Never said law school, said Law and Justice major. 2) imagine getting on a ROLE PLAYING game type to not RP in the ONLY role that would require RP of any sort. 

It baffles me that you would expect this level of knowledge from the “7 year olds”. Rather than typing out a meaningless rant I would suggest you read the server rules and APD handbook. Now please, before you go and try to educate the community on the law that you expect them to know, maybe try learning the laws of our land...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Perrin said:

Explain to me the point of a (light) role playing game type if the only people who would potentially be required to take a part in the role play choose not RP to ruin it for others? i know im not the only one who's dealt with the corruptness of cops. Literally the only difference between what happened here and what happens when you get kidnapped is i ended up in prison instead of missing a kidney. You're the "Chief" of Police, you should have SOME interest in law. 

1) Never said law school, said Law and Justice major. 2) imagine getting on a ROLE PLAYING game type to not RP in the ONLY role that would require RP of any sort. 

I'm sure Mr. @TheCmdrRex had his fair share of dealing with corrupt cop(s). ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Solomon said:

It baffles me that you would expect this level of knowledge from the “7 year olds”. Rather than typing out a meaningless rant I would suggest you read the server rules and APD handbook. Now please, before you go and try to educate the community on the law that you expect them to know, maybe try learning the laws of our land...

LOL "Laws of our Land". Christ almighty, you really are in deep with this whole RPG thing arent you? xD

• Downvote 3
13 minutes ago, falcon said:

L u L.

The Miranda warning, which also can be referred to as a person's Miranda rights, is a right to silence warning given by police in the United States to criminal suspects in police custody (or in a custodial interrogation) before they are interrogated to preserve the admissibility of their statements against them in criminal proceedings.

b9657cea075b0bc916532e50bc492e33.png

The island of Altis is a Mediterranean island off the eastern coast of Sicily.

0b11138db78379532f18af978b057e9c.png

Very... very... interesting..... it's almost as if this is a GREEK island not the UNITED STATES. Let me remind you, this is a SOFT rp server not the United States justice system. 

Once again. SOFT RP. If I truly feel like wasting my time I can pull you over for literally the TINEST thing. Aka being parked in the middle the road. and when I pull you over, by all means I don't even have to say a word to you, I don't need to tell you: "You have the right to remain silent.". This is a Soft RP server, so please, if you feel that an officer was wronged in your situation but by the sounds of it, he's fine. Feel free to submit a report. But I highly suggest you look into our APD handbook, and read the server rules. You will then figure out that, cops don't need to do that. ;)

Edited by Jakka
  • Hmm 1
14 minutes ago, Perrin said:

There is some level of RP that is required. Cops aren’t going to learn RP from a bitching civilian. Apply for cop and show them how RP is done. Cops will look up to someone that can RP well - and they will learn from that. Posting on the forums isn’t going to do anything. I am not making heavy RP a requirement, I mean ffs it isn’t like it takes a lot to even engage someone as a civilian either. Anyone could argue that “hands up or die” is just as lame as a cop not doing much talking.

• Like 1
Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

There is some level of RP that is required. Cops aren’t going to learn RP from a bitching civilian. Apply for cop and show them how RP is done. Cops will look up to someone that can RP well - and they will learn from that. Posting on the forums isn’t going to do anything. I am not making heavy RP a requirement, I mean ffs it isn’t like it takes a lot to even engage someone as a civilian either. Anyone could argue that “hands up or die” is just as lame as a cop not doing much talking.

I didn't start bitching at the cop until i realized they simply did not care and arrested purely out of boredom. I was standing there with my hands at my side (i only had a rook at the time and it was holstered). The first thing i said to an officer was "hi man, whatsup?". Which was followed by guns in the face and yelling. The next thing i said was "you know, technically you cant take the person anywhere until you've read them their rights". I wasn't aggressive or belligerent, i was simply pointing out that they skipped a step for future reference. I don't start shit with people, i dont even rob people. But i was unaware that this server was a non-RP rpg server so now i know... 

8 minutes ago, Perrin said:

I didn't start bitching at the cop until i realized they simply did not care and arrested purely out of boredom. I was standing there with my hands at my side (i only had a rook at the time and it was holstered). The first thing i said to an officer was "hi man, whatsup?". Which was followed by guns in the face and yelling. The next thing i said was "you know, technically you cant take the person anywhere until you've read them their rights". I wasn't aggressive or belligerent, i was simply pointing out that they skipped a step for future reference. I don't start shit with people, i dont even rob people. But i was unaware that this server was a non-RP rpg server so now i know... 

as the above people have said already, id suggest reading up on the server & Apd handbook before posting such nonsense!
1, This is a light RP server, some rp is required for example to engadge on people before killing or tazing.
2, Olympus does not require Miranda rights to be read, this is not the United States PD!
3, Again read up on the APD handbook then you will learn on what we can and cannot do as an officer IN A GAME might i add, this is not real law as you decided to mention lol!

1 hour ago, Perrin said:

LOL "Laws of our Land". Christ almighty, you really are in deep with this whole RPG thing arent you? xD

I apologize if my basic comparison to the fact that you expected APD officers to enforce actual laws has confused you. You just wrote out a couple of paragraphs bitching and moaning about how the server does not directly correlate to the laws of the United States, yet I am “really deep with the whole RPG thing.” Honestly rather than plaguing the forums with your ignorance do us all a favor and leave. I am sure if you go break some laws irl you will get this proper rp experience you are looking for.