Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Colored Nametags For New Players

2 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Not a bad idea.  The flip side to this is people on the internet are assholes and would take advantage.

Maybe add a one-time button that would disable it early if the player wanted to? So if a player is scared that people would take advantage of him having no knowledge of the server, they could disable the feature. This would also be useful if a player breaks the rules. It wouldnt make new players immune to the rules, but you would be able to tell if the guy is new, or if hes just being an asshole. 

• Love 1

had this idea a few months ago when I was in support everyone called me retarded though..... I still think its a good idea. +1

Also if there is a way for a new players to start with a bit more money like 75k, but only once and then after that it will go back to 25k.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
51 minutes ago, Jamie said:

had this idea a few months ago when I was in support everyone called me retarded though..... I still think its a good idea. +1

Also if there is a way for a new players to start with a bit more money like 75k, but only once and then after that it will go back to 25k.

What are you even saying how could they start with 75k once then next time 25k like you only start once 

8 minutes ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

What are you even saying how could they start with 75k once then next time 25k like you only start once 

shit you tell me, Im sure there is a way how is what I don't know....see the confusion you had but sometimes including myself if you blow your money and go below 25k after restart you will be at 25k again, the only one time this is so you cant go back to 75k and possibly abuse it in someway.

but in a nutshell Im saying 25k start can be brutal for new players unless someone gives them money.

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

shit you tell me, Im sure there is a way how is what I don't know....see the confusion you had but sometimes including myself if you blow your money and go below 25k after restart you will be at 25k again, the only one time this is so you cant go back to 75k and possibly abuse it in someway.

but in a nutshell Im saying 25k start can be brutal for new players unless someone gives them money.

Yes it’s possible easily just some change of a variable

Honestly I like this idea obviously it has downsides. Like we came across some new players trying to do oil in like hatchbacks and what we did was we lent them our oil trucks and gave them cash per run so they got to experience plus got some cash. This went on for a week they got on their feet and now they are making cash. That’s a plus to it gangs could potentially have slaves for a bit to do their runs and throw them some cash on the side. Downsides are there like they get robbed and their goes your vehicles. Or they could be gang members one day just gotta look at it from all angles

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, John Winkle said:

What if new players, with less than lets say 24 hours on the server, have a blue name tag to show they’re new? This would give the new players more of a chance to make money becuase people will know their new and maybe even help them learn about the server. It would also lower the chance they get robbed because some players on the sever have remorse. 

dont make it blue, i might mistake them for a pig, make it pink so i mistake them for an e-girl and dont want to shoot them

3 minutes ago, MPORage said:

dont make it blue, i might mistake them for a pig, make it pink so i mistake them for an e-girl and dont want to shoot them

ohhhhh and maybe make players with 500+hours have a orange nametag, and players with 1k+ have a purple nametag to show more experienced players.

Edited by MPORage
Red is for war
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Admin
8 minutes ago, tayte said:

I think this is a good idea, but yea just because it shows if players are new doesn't mean people will be nice to them.

But it would obviously need to be a color that's not Blue or green because of cops and medics who have that colored name when you see them 😛

On 4/22/2018 at 10:39 PM, Grandma Gary said:

Not a bad idea.  The flip side to this is people on the internet are assholes and would take advantage.

true. Id suggest making it so APD can see if theyre new or not, because normally officers go easier on new players anyway. Doubt the broader community would though.

• Downvote 1