Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

8 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

why? it makes sense to kill someone who you are at war with at all cost

im done arguing this point... go ahead and shoot people your at war with in restraints... and ill see you after your vacation... 

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

its a gray area i want to know why. so much for being a big support team man

I've explained the reason why, I've explained whether its breaking the rules or not... its no longer a grey area... you keep asking why... why is because this is NOT irl...there is balancing...next time kill the cops before the restrain your enemy gang member or kill them before they get tased..

A good reason for this rule is also - for instance i am war with 80+ gangs... if i could shoot enemy gang members in restraints i would just camp kavala HQ and kill all enemy gang members APD brings in. There are many other reasons why as well. There doesn't always need to be a why for there to be a rule. This thread is not to hash out the methodology and reasoning behind WHY its a rule, its to clarify what is allowed and what is not.

17 minutes ago, [AN] King said:

its a gray area i want to know why. so much for being a big support team man

Just some history knowledge. When WAR's were introduced to the server, people would WAR each other and group for lets say a BW. They would then kill each other in restraints because at the time you were allowed to kill enemy WAR members in restraints. The civilians abused this by WARing friends just incase they lost a fight against the cops.

8 minutes ago, NokiaStrong said:

Pretty sure it’s 3

Does that only apply to vigis? I know cops have a lot more but what about a civ with a cop tazer? Can they taze indefinitely since they are not a vigi? What about if you're a civ with a cop tazer and you're at war with a guy? Does that warrant tazing indefinitely?

Edited by Darkon
40 minutes ago, Darkon said:

Does that only apply to vigis? I know cops have a lot more but what about a civ with a cop tazer? Can they taze indefinitely since they are not a vigi? What about if you're a civ with a cop tazer and you're at war with a guy? Does that warrant tazing indefinitely?

As a cop you can taze indefinitely within reason... ie. as long as your actively trying to get a restrain on the man (can't do it to troll)

As a civ/vigi - 3 times and done... vigi or not, enemy gang member or not. (to my understanding) 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NokiaStrong said:

Pretty sure it’s 3

6 hours ago, Darkon said:

5 hours ago, MAV said:

As a cop you can taze indefinitely within reason... ie. as long as your actively trying to get a restrain on the man (can't do it to troll)

As a civ/vigi - 3 times and done... vigi or not, enemy gang member or not. (to my understanding) 

There is no number, you can continuously down someone as long as you are justified in doing so i.e. you are too far away and are trying to get to them, or you are fighting multiple people and need to keep multiple people tazed during the fight or to secure your escape.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, DeadPool said:

That because you are hitting a curb and flying 50 meters high.  Shooting a window and walking through seems more realistic 

No it doesn’t. How the fuck are you going to WALK into a window in ArmA 3? You mean jumping through it? This is a role play server!

• Downvote 2

You can rotor tap any heli but if they blow up or die then you get banned. It also engages them to shoot at you.

I’d imagine same rule about the shooting tire thing. 

Edited by John Wayne
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, John Wayne said:

You can rotor tap any heli but if they blow up or die then you get banned. It also engages them to shoot at you.

I’d imagine same rule about the shooting tire thing. 

Rotor tapping is an unprofessional way to fly. I’m professional, I DONT try to kill myself

• Downvote 3

If you kill someone in APD custody with a suicide vest with proper engagement, is this considered fail RP?

What about grenades?

Crossfire?

ie: Gang gets taken, I buy suicide vest to blow up the HQ and kill my gangmates in the process.

Edited by Gerzbek
  • Admin
44 minutes ago, Gerzbek said:

If you kill someone in APD custody with a suicide vest with proper engagement, is this considered fail RP?

What about grenades?

Crossfire?

ie: Gang gets taken, I buy suicide vest to blow up the HQ and kill my gangmates in the process.

Intent. That’s the easiest answer. If it’s clear you were going for cops, it’s one thing. If you do it and you’re clearly attempting to take your gangmates, it is not OK. 

Is it allowed to block off the stairs/doors of your house with storage crates to keep cops from coming up, making almost impossible to take you forcing lethals? I've seen a person do this and have had different admins say different things.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

So if I shoot an enemy gang member with a mk1 when he has no gun, would I be banned because he cannot defend himself? No. The fact that he cannot shoot back has no purpose in this argument.

enemy gang member has the opportunity to run and take cover... hide...etc... its common sense my dude

On 5/9/2018 at 8:39 AM, Matt11 said:

@Grandma Gary @McDili

Could we get a admin to confirm or deny, if you're allowed to break the window and rp "Im coming in through window" "im coming in"

Please, so we can know.

This is allowed. What's not allowed is restraining someone through a window. If you break a window and jump in, that's within RP. Realism arguments about being cut up are silly, in video games and movies people jump through windows all the time. This is a game.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, ChubbyElf said:

Rotor tapping without engagement

On 5/10/2018 at 7:49 AM, Unjo said:

Always wondered about that, it is basically same as shooting wheels

It is not the same as shooting wheels, a better comparison is doing a pit maneuver. The only difference is with a pit maneuver neither party is engaged with each other (Used to be considered hostile action but was axed because people would accidentally tap each other and mass murder would occur)

Rotor tapping is specifically defined as a hostile action in the RDM rules and requires no engagement to perform. Obviously comes with the risk that if you blow somebody up/kill them, you are accountable.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, yayobamacare said:

Is it allowed to block off the stairs/doors of your house with storage crates to keep cops from coming up, making almost impossible to take you forcing lethals? I've seen a person do this and have had different admins say different things.

I've seen either @Ares or @Grandma Gary do this, can't remember which one.

If an Admin can do it, so can you. If there's a corporal on that can raid the house, then they can also get a heli and land someone on the balcony and raid from there too. There's plenty of ways to get around it.

Crates will be going away soon anyway for a new alternative for storing physical inventory.

2 hours ago, McDili said:

This is allowed. What's not allowed is restraining someone through a window. If you break a window and jump in, that's within RP. Realism arguments about being cut up are silly, in video games and movies people jump through windows all the time. This is a game.

It is not the same as shooting wheels, a better comparison is doing a pit maneuver. The only difference is with a pit maneuver neither party is engaged with each other (Used to be considered hostile action but was axed because people would accidentally tap each other and mass murder would occur)

Rotor tapping is specifically defined as a hostile action in the RDM rules and requires no engagement to perform. Obviously comes with the risk that if you blow somebody up/kill them, you are accountable.

I've seen either @Ares or @Grandma Gary do this, can't remember which one.

If an Admin can do it, so can you. If there's a corporal on that can raid the house, then they can also get a heli and land someone on the balcony and raid from there too. There's plenty of ways to get around it.

Crates will be going away soon anyway for a new alternative for storing physical inventory.

I was told by an admin not to do it again or I will be punished for exploiting. 

2 minutes ago, Unjo said:

I was told by an admin not to do it again or I will be punished for exploiting. 

Like I said crates going away very soon so it doesn't really matter anyway

3 minutes ago, McDili said:

Like I said crates going away very soon so it doesn't really matter anyway

Can we get a spoiler on whats to change with the crates? :P 

1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

Can we get a spoiler on whats to change with the crates? :P 

There will be a separate menu on the house trunk for Physical items just like there is a menu for virtual items. 

It's no secret, I've posted about it before. It should be a good client-side performance boost and maybe a nice boost server-side. We've had it on our to do list for a few months but from the get go we knew it would be a significant undertaking. Hopefully no more randomly disappearing inventory from crates and shit.