How To Bring Back Ganglife

2 minutes ago, N7Zero said:

im not saying "cops CANNOT enter warzone" just suggesting remove "texting" as probable cause considering u guys say "yeh we get text like this all the time". honestly if i would like to ruin cartel life i would just text the cops whenever i see fights at warzone.

+1

Were any of the ideas in my constructive post talked about or brought up between staff or APD after the change occurred? @Dante 

Edited by indian
  • Admin
1 minute ago, N7Zero said:

im not saying "cops CANNOT enter warzone" just suggesting remove "texting" as probable cause considering u guys say "yeh we get text like this all the time". honestly if i would like to ruin cartel life i would just text the cops whenever i see fights at warzone.

Well absolutely people do do that. There’s no doubt, but at the same time some people genuinely like to message the cops to come in to fight if no other gang is on and it’s fun for all included. I mean I hear you guys. Trust me. The things I said to @Fushigi when they came with tasers when I was playing In Plague. I was so mad because I couldn’t stand cops coming in and tasing when we were in the middle of a fight. This was before the Dom rule was placed IIRC. 

29 minutes ago, Silton said:

My buddies are banned for ddosing. You're an APD dick rider and the APD is too ignorant to see the issues at hand and realise how powerful their faction is over civs and the struggle for civs

Silton I’ll be honest. I career cop and made a thread about cartel life. Sooo idk if your comment here is valid. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, indian said:

+1

Were any of the ideas in my constructive post talked about or brought up between staff or APD after the change occurred? @Dante 

Warzone has been discussed multiple times. And everything I have read in these comments are also going to be discussed officially and semi being discussed now in SC. 

Just now, Dante said:

You are saying that I’m misunderstanding when I’m literally replying to the words you’re saying. You’re changing your point each time. If they had no gun then that would be grounds for removal or demotion. If you had a gun and there was code 3 then that’s how red zones work. That’s not lack of RP. Should I perm ban you if you jump out of a car in a red zone when a cop code 3s and not put your hands up to role play? Absolutely not. But I’d like more depth on that situation so I can properly respond. PM it if you’d like idc. 

I'll pm you video for explanation. The cop won't receive any punishment, however.

Which leads to my point:

Cops do things, that won't get them removed or demoted, but aren't on the best terms of roleplay. I'm sure a lot of civs have dealt with this.

These kind of things aren't worth reporting as they won't get the cop in any trouble, by admins or even the chief of police, but they are simply things that just suck for roleplay.

The only way to have this dealt with is have several cops roll around together on duty to prevent this, or have a multitude of civs report one cop, which would take an extensive amount of time due to not all people recording and all people not wanting to upload the evidence if it is, just simply, something that sucks for roleplay.

• Admin
Just now, Wesly ツ said:

I'll pm you video for explanation. The cop won't receive any punishment, however.

Which leads to my point:

Cops do things, that won't get them removed or demoted, but aren't on the best terms of roleplay. I'm sure a lot of civs have dealt with this.

These kind of things aren't worth reporting as they won't get the cop in any trouble, by admins or even the chief of police, but they are simply things that just suck for roleplay.

The only way to have this dealt with is have several cops roll around together on duty to prevent this, or have a multitude of civs report one cop, which would take an extensive amount of time due to not all people recording and all people not wanting to upload the evidence if it is, just simply, something that sucks for roleplay.

I’ve told people in the past and have proven it to them before as well. If you have that “reporting won’t do shit” mentality then nothing will ever get fixed. Even if the first report doesn’t get him demoted, the second will. We have no leash for repeat offenders in any category. I’ll look out for the video though. 

I think the key is good players need to split up so that we dont scare away the new players. Good players need to support and encourage people who are wanting to get into the scene instead of being toxic. 

Gangs needing to split up has been an issue in the past. There's always been one mega gang with all the good players therefore no good fights. I havent been on in the past week dont know what it's looking like now. 

APD shouldn't be able to raid warzone as much. The way I look at it is that cops irl dont go push real cartels in Mexico over and over with no concern for their lives. Also I have seen cops ignore terror/pharmas and keep raiding warzone. If that was real life and someone was robbing a hospital/etc the cops would focus on the robbery or terror in a city over two gangs fighting in the middle of nowhere. Also some cops say that they only raid when texted so we shouldn't complain that they are raiding when we ask for it. This only happens when there are no gangs to fight or some random roach retard texts to ruin the fights.

For feds sdars are retarded. One fed we had 14 people apd had 18+ and they pulled sdars. Make people earn corporal for the lethal privilege, lethals are given at that rank for a reason. 

Honestly I'm fine with cops making a shit ton of money even increase that shit. All it does is bring the lamp to bulb ratio down for us that work.

Edit: @Dante for apd section

Edited by Xeltini
  • Like 3

I think removing quillins and prowlers was great for fights but atm there are just less cartel fighters/gangs on the server. The last time I remembered constant fights was last year when Prime, TI, CR, CL, Plague, ETC were all fighting. It felt like there were fights on all three servers. The solution is probably to do an unban wave but its honestly a tough situation to deal with because you dont want the same people coming back and causing problems.

Edited by Jaster
  • Downvote 5

Sounds good then. @Dante Please bring up removing messages as PC to raid warzone as well as maybe increasing the 30 min WZ raid timer to an hour or so incase someone that wants to possibly abuse the system gets in a position of power in the APD. Also is a big turn off for fighting cartels when people read that.

3 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

I think the key is good players need to split up so that we dont scare away the new players. Good players need to support and encourage people who are wanting to get into the scene instead of being toxic. 

Gangs needing to split up has been an issue in the past. There's always been one mega gang with all the good players therefore no good fights. I havent been on in the past week dont know what it's looking like now. 

APD shouldn't be able to raid warzone as much. The way I look at it is that cops irl dont go push real cartels in Mexico over and over with no concern for their lives. Also I have seen cops ignore terror/pharmas and keep raiding warzone. If that was real life and someone was robbing a hospital/etc the cops would focus on the robbery or terror in a city over two gangs fighting in the middle of nowhere. Also some cops say that they only raid when texted so we shouldn't complain that they are raiding when we ask for it. This only happens when there are no gangs to fight or some random roach retard texts to ruin the fights.

For feds sdars are retarded. One fed we had 14 people apd had 18+ and they pulled sdars. Make people earn corporal for the lethal privilege, lethals are given at that rank for a reason. 

Honestly I'm fine with cops making a shit ton of money even increase that shit. All it does is bring the lamp to bulb ratio down for us that work.

@Dante

The only gangs at the moment that I see that are constantly fighting are Plague, ML, and CZ. I hardly see TI on except for a couple of players here and there because of connor's ban, Enemy is going back to asylum because of the changes made there, idk I just hope that something is done soon to promote more cartel life. I know that its not all Olympus is but it sucks as a cartel player to see only a few gangs fighting.

Edited by Jaster
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 5

Ok so i take it you want this :

1. No more sdars at federal events

2. Work with civ council (which has been active for all of 24 hours) to go over map design buffs for civs at federal events.

3. No more rading Warzone without probable cause by APD.

4. [Potentially] If restrained by a civ in warzone, the vigilante only gets 50% of the normal bounty payout. This serves 2 purposes = less chance of vigis at warzone and increases number of pussies at warzone to avoid vigis (which increases potential fights)

5. Give very few, specific retards 2nd chances

6. Eat cake.

Ill bring all this up on Sunday at our staff meeting. Ok pumpkins?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

Edit: @Dante for apd section

Fairly simple solution to split up gangs would be to just add a cap to members of a gang

• Like 1
  • Admin
Just now, Peter Long said:

Ok so ill do this :

2. Work with civ council (which has been active for all of 24 hours) to go over map design buffs for civs at federal events.

4. [Potentially] If restrained by a civ in warzone, the vigilante only gets 50% of the normal bounty payout. This serves 2 purposes = less chance of vigis at warzone and increases number of pussies at warzone to avoid vigis (which increases potential fights)

6. Eat cake.

If you could let me do my job I’d appreciate it you fucking monkey. 

• Like 1
  • Kappa 1
1 minute ago, Peter Long said:

Ok so ill do this :

6. Eat cake.

thiccboy coming in with the clutch. +1 on 3.

2 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Ok so ill do this :

6. Eat cake.

My mans <3. @indian getting shit done

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Xeltini said:

Idea would just be worked around by making groups

Yes but they wouldn’t  be able to take cap if they couldn’t all be in the same gang

Edited by 6lack