Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

• Head Admin
8 hours ago, Evann said:

so passenger seating on "accident" is still ok?

If you passenger seat someone it wasnt an accident lets be real.

As for the bans on factions its always been a thing it was just never public.

22 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

Ik im dumb for saying this but I don’t order medics to revive people that haven’t requested.

Some people werent making the distinction between ordering a medic to revive someone who has requested, which is fine, and ordering a medic to revive someome who has not requested which isnt possible.

9 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

What if u hit someone on accident and they go flying in the sky and die? Like would that count as a vdm even if u were trying to avoid the guy?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Proud said:

What if u hit someone on accident and they go flying in the sky and die? Like would that count as a vdm even if u were trying to avoid the guy?

SOME staff have sense and eyeballs. You can clearly tell when it’s an accident and not ban. When I was staff can’t say how many reports I denied because it was clearly an accident with no malicious intent. If a guy runs in the way of a car and the guy is trying to avoid him then the dude goes space surfing, he’s definitely not getting banned. Unless it’s @KGB JOSH prob cuz he’s retarded 

• Like 3
  • TriHard 1
10 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Dolphy & Rabid’s live Fail Titan ban. Although they weren’t on Cop, their ban was staggering to say the least. 

I was there for that, and without the counter evidence the ban looked legit (rex concurred with that too), im sure, as per usual, you heard the civ side only which isn't very surprising 

2 minutes ago, MAV said:

I was there for that, and without the counter evidence the ban looked legit (rex concurred with that too), im sure, as per usual, you heard the civ side only which isn't very surprising 

https://i.gyazo.com/eb2341135462f3437a063095d4bfce91.mp4 

6 hours ago, rabeed said:

Text engaged a titan text for someone https://i.gyazo.com/eb2341135462f3437a063095d4bfce91.mp4

*2 minutes later 699FB4C5F7C54728BF4A82E86F77308DB3DD944C

what rabeed of course is leaving out, is that he was accidentally banned which was meant for the titan 'shooter' and was immediately unbanned before he joined ts.. 

1 hour ago, Hisoka said:

Ik im dumb for saying this but I don’t order medics to revive people that haven’t requested.

basically people were ordering medics to revive people who hadn't requested, then killing them when they didn't (because they couldn't) This change is more so, when an enemy denied a revive on your gang member, you can now threaten violence on the medic to revive him/her countering the denial.

3 minutes ago, rabeed said:

I wouldn't have been falsely banned if you had actually done your job correctly instead of jumping the gun and INSTANTLY banning the person that texted you before your STAFF ticket spawned Ghosthawk was shot down.

don't @ me. I'm not the one that banned you. So my job  was done just fine.

1 minute ago, rabeed said:

You probably told him to put the ban in place. You were directly involved and probably pretty upset that you just lost 60 tickets worth of good boy points for that Ghosthawk :unsure:

"IF YOU USE HACKED MONEY YOU WILL BE PERM BANNED FROM THE SERVER" Yeah I can tell you do a great job retard.

Wasn't even my ghawk

And that second part should be common sense... and is a long standing policy that dates back years... if you take/use something that is knowingly hacked/duped, then yeah, you will face administrative action (also didn't say perm banned, said either banned or administrative action.. but that doesn't really matter..) Anyway... this convo is going nowhere, since the rule was enacted for those that are intentionally breaking faction rules to ruin other players experience...(in other words, nothing has actually changed, just now its documented)

3 minutes ago, rabeed said:

Yeah, ok. good luck getting senior admin. You are *almost as retarded as Plumber

had to change up that last part I don't think I could stoop that low for anyone including you Mav.

lol

12 minutes ago, rabeed said:

Yeah, ok. good luck getting senior admin. You are *almost as retarded as Plumber

had to change up that last part I don't think I could stoop that low for anyone including you Mav.

Why are you so mad? 

23 minutes ago, MAV said:

since the rule was enacted for those that are intentionally breaking faction rules to ruin other players experience...(in other words, nothing has actually changed, just now its documented)

Then why was documentation needed? Lets get specific

6 minutes ago, an overweight giant retard said:

Then why was documentation needed? Lets get specific

Because otherwise you can just argue it wasn’t stated in the rules because it wasn’t. Now we can reference that when retards act like retards. It’s a pretty basic change. I would go into more info but not exactly sure if that would be leaking staff info but I’m sure you can probably figure out what situation I’m referring to

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Not true! There was a guy roleplaying as a worm once I backed up in my hatchback and hopped out to talk to him and accidentally passenger seated him. I didn't get to talk to the worm ;(

19 hours ago, KGB JOSH said:

Its really for people who do stupid stuff that they know is against the rules. So if you just do something small on accident while on cop, chances are you arent getting banned as long as it isnt against server rules.

It's still one of the stupidest things I've heard. even IRL if an officer fucks up they can't face criminal liability unless they have actually broken a law, breaking departmental SOPs only will open you up for internal action and a civil suit.

The reason civs get banned is because it's the fairest and quickest way of making sure someone is punished, the SAPD and SRnR have a toolbox with everything from counseling to blacklist and bans have no place in there especially considering ripping a whitelist has no effect. If a medic or cop keep repeatedly breaking faction rules demote them or blacklist them if it's bad enough since it's not a right to play cop or medic.

This blurs the line between server staff and faction admin too close for comfort, I guran-fucking-tee it's going to be abused at some point in the future and it puts undue stress on cops and medics when they already need to follow a second rulebook. If someone keeps breaking faction rules use you discipline tools and unless they broke server rules just remove their whitelist and "ban" them from the faction.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mako said:

GOAT literally got banned for RDMing in a redzone as a cop prior to this which stuck only due to staff being faggots regarding the situation @iPopsicle, if you don't believe that people are going to abuse their position to keep controversial players banned and use it to demote them you're delusional. This shits honestly a joke.

:) My pleasure

• Love 1