Who are you voting for for president?

Who are you Voting for?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Presidential Nominations

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/27/20 at 03:35 AM

23 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

If Biden can just shut up and not do anything dumb till 2020 and let trump dig himself his own grave then Biden will win 2020

This man understands.

Biggest issue with Trump is his blind ignorance for science. Had we taken the appropriate steps early on in this virus, we wouldn't be closing parts of the country again. Not to mention taking the CDC and making them useless by having all hospital reporting go to the White House. Sounds like a cover up to me right? Also should be acknowledged is his seemingly forced push to have children go back to school during the second wave of this pandemic. It's really sad how he touts about a 1% mortality rate but if the entirety of the US got it, that would likely point 30+ million people passing away.

So I guess the question is whether Biden is so much better or is it that Trump is so much worse. The answer really points to the latter for me. Trump did really good things with economy but for that great thing he's fumbled a pandemic, ignored peaceful protests and colluded with Russia. 

As someone who is registered Democrat, Biden isn't even the best shot to win. Had the DNC pushed for a youthful candidate or a balanced ticket candidate, I think things would be more clear for the Democrats. At the end of the day this two party system is showing that it doesn't work. Bipartisanship is dead and the two party system as well as the electoral college need to be replaced with a free party system and a popular vote system for President. I shouldn't have to pick red or blue, I should be able to select my candidate based off of their beliefs and focuses.

Sorry for the wall of text but as many of you who know me, I'm very active politically and am always interested in the discussion of politics. 

• Like 7
  • Weird 1
  • Clown 5
11 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

This man understands.

Biggest issue with Trump is his blind ignorance for science. Had we taken the appropriate steps early on in this virus, we wouldn't be closing parts of the country again. Not to mention taking the CDC and making them useless by having all hospital reporting go to the White House. Sounds like a cover up to me right? Also should be acknowledged is his seemingly forced push to have children go back to school during the second wave of this pandemic. It's really sad how he touts about a 1% mortality rate but if the entirety of the US got it, that would likely point 30+ million people passing away.

So I guess the question is whether Biden is so much better or is it that Trump is so much worse. The answer really points to the latter for me. Trump did really good things with economy but for that great thing he's fumbled a pandemic, ignored peaceful protests and colluded with Russia. 

As someone who is registered Democrat, Biden isn't even the best shot to win. Had the DNC pushed for a youthful candidate or a balanced ticket candidate, I think things would be more clear for the Democrats. At the end of the day this two party system is showing that it doesn't work. Bipartisanship is dead and the two party system as well as the electoral college need to be replaced with a free party system and a popular vote system for President. I shouldn't have to pick red or blue, I should be able to select my candidate based off of their beliefs and focuses.

Sorry for the wall of text but as many of you who know me, I'm very active politically and am always interested in the discussion of politics. 

On the matter of him pushing for schools to open it is understandable if they continue to do distance learning in schools it won't effect the higher grade level's mid-high school but the main thing it will effect if they keep school's closed is the elementary students.

12 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

This man understands.

on your comment on getting rid of the electoral collage I believe is a bad decision because that would make it so the larger states will only decide the elections well the smaller states won't matter in the election.

On you comment on Bipartisanship is dead is very true and it is quite sad that as Americans we can not work across party lines to achieve a common goal.

Edited by Vigi easy money
1 minute ago, Vigi easy money said:

On the matter of him pushing for schools to open it is understandable if they continue to do distance learning in schools it won't effect the higher grade level's mid-high school but the main thing it will effect if they keep school's closed is the elementary students.

I totally agree with you, don't get that wrong. This pandemic is detrimental for everyone, however, getting these kids back in school now, while risking a blow up of infections and deaths is not the right decision. The pandemic has pretty much put life on hold for everyone. It's a really tough thing but we have to look out for the health of the people in our country. Trump so far has put the economy and is now attempting to put education over health. Now we're seeing massive growth in cases throughout large parts of the country. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I totally agree with you, don't get that wrong. This pandemic is detrimental for everyone, however, getting these kids back in school now, while risking a blow up of infections and deaths is not the right decision. The pandemic has pretty much put life on hold for everyone. It's a really tough thing but we have to look out for the health of the people in our country. Trump so far has put the economy and is now attempting to put education over health. Now we're seeing massive growth in cases throughout large parts of the country. 

The thing is Nerdy it is a balancing act if we shut down all schools and shut the country down effectively it would be detrimental to the economy on the contrary  if we open up completely then it will have much higher infections rates and more fatality rates. In the end you have to not go to close to either extremes to attempt to avoid both of there consequences. (By the way all the people saying wearing masks are idiots) 

Just now, Vigi easy money said:

The thing is Nerdy it is a balancing act if we shut down all schools and shut the country down effectively it would be detrimental to the economy but if we open up completely then it will have much higher infections rates and more fatality rates. In the end you have to not go to close to either extremes to attempt to avoid both of there consequences. (btw all the people saying wearing masks are idiots) 

Sorry but now you've hit the trigger. Masks do work, there have been multiple studies by very good universities. My issue with Trump has been his complete ignorance for science. How many people need to die for him to realize this? Look, the director of the CDC made a statement that if you had the entire country wear masks when they go out for the next month or two, we'd get this thing under control. And until Trump backs his people, we're going to be the last country to beat this. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Sorry but now you've hit the trigger. Masks do work, there have been multiple studies by very good universities. My issue with Trump has been his complete ignorance for science. How many people need to die for him to realize this? Look, the director of the CDC made a statement that if you had the entire country wear masks when they go out for the next month or two, we'd get this thing under control. And until Trump backs his people, we're going to be the last country to beat this. 

correction meant to say the people refusing to wear masks are dumb*

5 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

This man understands.

I agree. Though, as we all know, the electoral college system will never change and the United States will forever be locked in a two party system.

The system will remain unchanged. Everyone hates the electoral college until it aids whatever political party you’re supporting. But for political parties, there is no point in changing the system. You would need to win the election in order to effectively change it. So why would they change the system if they already won via the electoral college?

The same thing can be depicted in Canada. Justin Trudeau in 2015 was claiming that he will get rid of the first past the post system, however, when he won under such a system he found no need to change it. His cabinet said there was no clear consensus on behalf the Canadian people that we wanted the change even though the governments own survey said 80% of Canadians support the change away from first past the post.

At the end of the day, the election is going to roll like the ones before it. There are going to be heavy one sided states that only vote for one party like Texas and California. Biden and Trump just need to attract swing voters. 

Im not American, so I obviously can’t vote. But if I was eligible I honestly wouldn’t even go to the voting station. Biden, is Biden. Not the best candidate at all. Donald Trump was/is entirely focused on the economy. But at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter. Countries like China and Saudi Arabia retaliated against the United States whenever Trump tried to modify deals/policies with those countries. And, all the work he has done, has systematically been destroyed with the rise of the virus. It’s kind of ironic. He is so focused on the economy that eventually it was destroyed by something biological.

12 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

your comment on getting rid of the electoral collage I believe is a bad decision because that would make it so the larger states will only decide the elections well the smaller states won't matter in the election.

On you comment on Bipartisanship is dead is very true and it is quite sad that as Americans we can not work across party lines to achieve a common goal.

So my vote matters less because my state has more people in it? That just doesn't make sense if everyone is to have equal representation.

Just now, Vigi easy money said:

correction meant to say the people refusing to wear masks are dumb*

phew, thank God

1 minute ago, Slav said:

I agree. Though, as we all know, the electoral college system will never change and the United States will forever be locked in a two party system.

The system will remain unchanged. Everyone hates the electoral college until it aids whatever political party you’re supporting. But for political parties, there is no point in changing the system. You would need to win the election in order to effectively change it. So why would they change the system if they already won via the electoral college?

The same thing can be depicted in Canada. Justin Trudeau in 2015 was claiming that he will get rid of the first past the post system, however, when he won under such a system he found no need to change it. His cabinet said there was no clear consensus on behalf the Canadian people that we wanted the change even though the governments own survey said 80% of Canadians support the change away from first past the post.

At the end of the day, the election is going to roll like the ones before it. There are going to be heavy one sided states that only vote for one party like Texas and California. Biden and Trump just need to attract swing voters. 

Im not American, so I obviously can’t vote. But if I was eligible I honestly wouldn’t even go to the voting station. Biden, is Biden. Not the best candidate at all. Donald Trump was/is entirely focused on the economy. But at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter. Countries like China and Saudi Arabia retaliated against the United States whenever Trump tried to modify deals/policies with those countries. And, all the work he has done, has systematically been destroyed with the rise of the virus. It’s kind of ironic. He is so focused on the economy that eventually it was destroyed by something biological.

I see your points and agree that it won't happen. The country is too divided between red and blue that there is no going back. Not until a transcendent candidate comes through that attracts both sides. But as it stands, both are so far split it would nearly take a miracle to happen. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

So my vote matters less because my state has more people in it? That just doesn't make sense if everyone is to have equal representation.

if it was made a true democracy (no nation has instituted a true democracy) then the people who live in more rural states in the mid west and in Alaska there vote would count less and the political candidates would just ignore them completely  

6 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

California 13,055,815 6,527,908 55
Texas 7,999,657 3,999,829 38
New York 7,081,536 3,540,769 29
Florida 8,492,175 4,246,088 29
Pennsylvania 5,755,620 2,877,811 20
Illinois 5,251,432 2,625,717 20
Ohio 5,590,934 2,795,468 18
Michigan 4,745,316 2,372,659 16
Georgia 3,908,369 1,954,185 16
North Carolina 4,505,372 2,252,687 15
New Jersey 3,651,140 1,825,571 14
TOTAL   35,018,692 270
TOTAL U.S. VOTES 129,237,642   538
SHARE OF TOTAL   27.1% 50.2%

you can win the USA election by winning those states well only winning 27.1% of the popular vote (sorry for the old date is from 2012 election). Well a true democracy sounds nice it is just not practical in the application of it.

2 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

phew, thank God

I see your points and agree that it won't happen. The country is too divided between red and blue that there is no going back. Not until a transcendent candidate comes through that attracts both sides. But as it stands, both are so far split it would nearly take a miracle to happen. 

3 states would decide the election without electoral college 

2 hours ago, Vigi easy money said:

on your comment on getting rid of the electoral collage I believe is a bad decision because that would make it so the larger states will only decide the elections well the smaller states won't matter in the election.

Bruh do you know how electoral colleges work? Larger states are still the ones that matter A LOT with electoral colleges. Electoral colleges are given out to states respective of the states' population, because the amount of electoral votes a state has is made up of the amount of senators a state has (every state has 2) and the amount of representatives a state has (every state has atleast 1, and then it's based on population) Ex) Florida has 24 electoral votes and Wyoming has 3 electoral votes. Once a presedential election goes down, each state's electoral colleges votes for either president (hopefully based on their constituent's votes), and then in most states, whoever got the majority of electoral votes in that state gets ALL of the electoral votes. Say, Florida's electoral votes go like this: 13 for Candidate A and 11 for Candidate B. Candidate A would receive all 24 electoral votes. After that, first Candidate to 270 electoral votes wins.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Vigi easy money said:

I think it wouldn't be that bad all things considered, a bipartisan system with only two parties may end up giving a disproportionate amount of power, but @ThatNerdyGuy wants a system with multiple parties, and those always come bundled with runoff or ranked voting which drastically changes the meta. 

In 2016 about 55% of eligible voters actually went through with it, I have no doubts the choice being a turd sandwich or mouldy ham played a role, how many Republicans live in California but don't vote because their vote is worthless? How many Democrats in Texas? If there were multiple parties running how would that turnout be affected?

You also need to recognize that many disenfranchised communities have their right to voting tampered with, like majority black and latino districts having one polling station while suburbs have multiple. If voting day was made into a federal holiday and everyone's right to vote was respected I think that it would lead to elections being more competitive than ever before.

As for the presidential race, while the executive is important the house acts as a balance, the states still get their representation in the senate and republicans had a supermajority while Obama was in office, the house can form coalitions in a multi-party system and from 1888-2000 every Republican president had won the popular vote, so even without the EC Republicans have won in the past.

Edited by sploding
  • Like 1

All I gotta say is if you vote for biden theres an 80% chance you’re doing it because you simp over hot liberal teens telling u to be liberal and have no idea whats going on in the world, or a 20% chance ur retarded

uneducated democrats are willing to put a retard in office just to make trump supporters mad

• Like 5
  • Pepega 1
  • Clown 2