So if simply touching a door is grounds to raid a house....

So apparently, even touching a door whether it's locked or not  is grounds to raid a house... what's to stop APD from just camping houses waiting for people to spawn/get online and just raiding them the moment they come out or make footstep noises?

I was always under the impression that the only way using doors was grounds is if you lock yourself or cops inside, and apparently I was mistaken.  I don't know the APD handbook that well, but it certainly seems like the rulebook for raids is absolutely rife with potential to abuse.  

In my personal opinion, influenced by recent developments and circumstances,  raiding needs to be nerfed drastically.  The 5 minute timer is ok, but basically sets you up so the only way to stop a raid is if you are a giant zerg gang that outnumbers cops, which is going to be highly as cops always swarm with high ranking cops.  

Maybe something like a raid engagement would balance things out.  "Get off the roof/come outside or your house will be raided" or "go retrieve that weapon you stored or your house will be raided" with reasonable time to comply and avoid a raid.  

I've seen raids absolutely lay out players and make them quit the server on multiple occasions.  It's far too much power over someone's property that's far too open to interpretation, as recent events have proven.

5 minutes ago, anti said:

what's to stop APD from just camping houses waiting for people to spawn/get online and just raiding them the moment they come out or make footstep noises?

What sAPD member is gonna waste there time camping a house that 1, the person may or may not come online, or 2, may have absolutely nothing in it.

1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

@Winters has been Chief for an hour and now this shit starts

The server bends over backwards right now to curb the number of bans to stop Oly from losing more players.  

Ask any of those people if they would rather have a 3 day ban or their house raided, and 9/10 they will choose the ban every time.

7 minutes ago, anti said:

So apparently, even touching a door whether it's locked or not  is grounds to raid a house...

This has been a thing since forever, if you interact with your own house or a house you have keys to its PC.

• Like 3

just dont touch the house when sAPD is online 4head. Mr @YaBoiNate almost got quite a bit of my stuff siezed because the big brain lad wanted a tazer from the house.

Just now, anti said:

The server bends over backwards right now to curb the number of bans to stop Oly from losing more players.  

Ask any of those people if they would rather have a 3 day ban or their house raided, and 9/10 they will choose the ban every time.

Well, if they get banned for blowing up their house and the Senior APD member presents their PC to the house in a player report, they get banned and their house get's cleaned out. So 0 IQ strategy.

• Lead Map Designer
2 minutes ago, anti said:

So apparently, even touching a door whether it's locked or not  is grounds to raid a house... what's to stop APD from just camping houses waiting for people to spawn/get online and just raiding them the moment they come out or make footstep noises?

I was always under the impression that the only way using doors was grounds is if you lock yourself or cops inside, and apparently I was mistaken.  I don't know the APD handbook that well, but it certainly seems like the rulebook for raids is absolutely rife with potential to abuse.  

In my personal opinion, influenced by recent developments and circumstances,  raiding needs to be nerfed drastically.  The 5 minute timer is ok, but basically sets you up so the only way to stop a raid is if you are a giant zerg gang that outnumbers cops, which is going to be highly as cops always swarm with high ranking cops.  

Maybe something like a raid engagement would balance things out.  "Get off the roof/come outside or your house will be raided" or "go retrieve that weapon you stored or your house will be raided" with reasonable time to comply and avoid a raid.  

I've seen raids absolutely lay out players and make them quit the server on multiple occasions.  It's far too much power over someone's property that's far too open to interpretation, as recent events have proven.

Okay, the previous post I can understand all of the arguing and stuff, but this is just straight stupid.  This is how it has always been interpreted and should always be.  It clearly states in the APD handbook that interacting with your house grants PC, opening or closing a door is interacting.  There is nothing to abuse about it as this is how it's always been.  Raiding is considerably more Civ friendly than it used to be and does not need to be further nerfed.  As soon as the situation has been called clear once, the 45 minute PC timer starts and does not stop, allowing Civs a chance to defend the house or delay the cops by shooting in the area.  The thing you mentioned about a raid engagement has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.  Players should also not have a place where their gear is invincible from being taken from them, if they take want to store stuff in a house and interact with it when APD members are nearby then that is the risk they should understand.

• Like 2
  • Weird 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Lead Map Designer
13 minutes ago, anti said:

Also, footstep noises =/ PC lol.  If an APD member sees someone that is wanted inside the house and sees the name on them, then it is PC if they interact or take refuge within the house, just hearing footsteps isn't how it works lmao.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Monks said:

just stay away from ur house 4head lol

Like i said, if your not near your house, it cant get raided

2 minutes ago, Mr GOAT said:

Bring the flip flops! This will be a fun one! @Grandma Gary

Coming back for round 2 with PC lol

1 minute ago, Venomm said:

Like i said, if your not near your house, it cant get raided

Not true.   Tons of gangs have been complaining that APD is just superseding the handbook over and over to raid houses with absolutely no PC.  There really is no way to win this situation.  

6 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Okay, the previous post I can understand all of the arguing and stuff, but this is just straight stupid.  This is how it has always been interpreted and should always be.  It clearly states in the APD handbook that interacting with your house grants PC, opening or closing a door is interacting.  There is nothing to abuse about it as this is how it's always been.  Raiding is considerably more Civ friendly than it used to be and does not need to be further nerfed.  As soon as the situation has been called clear once, the 45 minute PC timer starts and does not stop, allowing Civs a chance to defend the house or delay the cops by shooting in the area.  The thing you mentioned about a raid engagement has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.  Players should also not have a place where their gear is invincible from being taken from them, if they take want to store stuff in a house and interact with it when APD members are nearby then that is the risk they should understand.

Exactly.

I don’t think the last situation was PC, but let’s leave that be. This situation is surely PC since using the door counts as an interaction, no matter if it’s locked or not. Additionally, they’re taking refuge in the house if they’re inside despite the doors being locked or not.

Just now, anti said:

Not true.   Tons of gangs have been complaining that APD is just superseding the handbook over and over to raid houses with absolutely no PC.  There really is no way to win this situation.  

Would you believe it if I told you that only the Chief can supersede?

• Like 2
Just now, anti said:

You are one of the dumbest cunts on this server.

Literally stop typing. You spread false narratives more than the dev team.

No one has ever superseded the handbook to search a house. EVER.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, anti said:

Only the chief has power to supersede the handbook, and thats generally in situations like post-blackwaters, where you think gear might have been stored but dont have legit PC. its not normally abused on a day to day basis to search some poor kids 2 crater. 

• Lead Map Designer
Just now, anti said:

One person in the entire APD has that ability, because people complain does not make it true, and I have not seen "tons of gangs" complain about this, in my entire time being here I have seen a single person complain actually.  Do you have any evidence to back up this claim though? 

1 minute ago, Mr GOAT said:

You are one of the dumbest cunts on this server.

Literally stop typing. You spread false narratives more than the dev team.

No one has ever superseded the handbook to search a house. EVER.

FJxPEzV.png+111111111111111

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, anti said:

You are just so wrong lol. Literally no one has EVER superseded the handbook to raid a house. People like you are just stubborn and wanna throw a fit when they are too careless and get they're houses raided. 

4 minutes ago, Venomm said:

Only the chief has power to supersede the handbook, and thats generally in situations like post-blackwaters, where you think gear might have been stored but dont have legit PC. its not normally abused on a day to day basis to search some poor kids 2 crater. 

4 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

One person in the entire APD has that ability, because people complain does not make it true, and I have not seen "tons of gangs" complain about this, in my entire time being here I have seen a single person complain actually.  Do you have any evidence to back up this claim though? 

zzz Snap chat the Chief ask to bypass handbook = stonks 

Stonks | Know Your Meme

Chapter XVIII - Executive Decision

1. At any point, the Chief of Police may supersede the APD handbook.
    1. A civilian in the situation must be notified.
Edited by Vigi easy money
8 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

Chapter XVIII - Executive Decision

1. At any point, the Chief of Police may supersede the APD handbook.
    1. A civilian in the situation must be notified.

cant even cap this might have happened b4 lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not like u would have anything along the lines of @Big John1's house u fucking roleplayer i wouldn't worry😂😂😂

"Oh no my workers protection lisence katiba is getting seized along with my processed silver ingots"

Edited by CaloomClark

this has always been a thing. Normally from what I have seen is that Sr. APD are only allowed to camp a house/gangshed for 15 minutes, unless they have a reason to camp the house for longer (has seen you going back and forth between illegal zone and house)

its not written but the Sr. APD usually follow the 15 minute rule. Its been a thing since Pledge was chief when Sho was always camping for house searches

19 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Would you believe it if I told you that only the Chief can supersede?

well u can with the permission of the chief, but thats it.