Considering options

Ok yall I think I might consider trying to attempt to make some positive changes in a few of the areas of Olympus. Now historically this has been met with alot of negative bs from the community.  If yall think I should knuckle down and push for civ council and a leadership position or two I might go for it.

Any constructive thoughts out there in the ether?

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Gunhand said:

Ok yall I think I might consider trying to attempt to make some positive changes in a few of the areas of Olympus. Now historically this has been met with alot of negative bs from the community.  If yall think I should knuckle down and push for civ council and a leadership position or two I might go for it.

I think it would be great. You are one of the few people I have meet who honest to god want this server to get better. Most people complain about the server but do nothing to change it. I think if u make strides to better this server u will be successful. You are very persuasive and could get a lot of changes done. Go for it. You have my +1 

On 8/20/2021 at 3:35 PM, Gunhand said:

I mean go for it man. Fair warning it takes a lot of work to get anything changed in here. There are big personalities on staff and Civ Council doesn't have a ton of authority. If you want to start I'd recommend support team to become intimately familiar with the rules and a civ council spot and go from there. Don't forget to join APD and R&R as well.

Don't forget though: this is just a game. I spent some time pouring my life into this game and building it up but now that I'm out I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore. I like having a real life (roasts welcome at that last comment)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gunhand said:

Well my real life is pretty full. 

Good job, married, kids, my own home. I'm sure not complaining.

I figure I will put in a little effort. If nothing changes I can always say I tried.

If anything ^^this makes you more qualified. But I agree about putting a little effort into Olympus is worth it. I try to do what I can to be helpful even as just a plain civ. I think you're a good candidate. 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Claysive said:

You're ugly and you smell like cheese. 

jk

I take offense to that SIR. I also smell like cheese. 

• Like 1

All you need to do to make sure your ideas are getting into the server is to be able to present your case and back it up with a few facts, show how those changes will help new players, and how they can help people like you. All the people who spam toxic shit are just trolling.

As long as you can be open minded, willing to compromise, and come up with ideas that actually have substance there should be no reason anyone can’t be a quality Civ council member IMO

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1

Do it.

Joining the civilian council under that sexy faggot @ Zahzi  helped open my eyes to the server and its community. It helped me really appreciate everything going on behind the scenes. I was also able to make minor changes to the server as a non-staff, sub 1000 hours played, full time moonshine farmer - which was awesome.

It was also really fun listening to@ i win  yell at staff and SAPD. Those were the civilian council days for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1